Author Topic: The feeling of when you first started training.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
The feeling of when you first started training.
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »
Does everyone remember their first time training? First time doing vaults, first time precisioning, first time rolling, first time experimenting with flow and the obstacles around them. I do. There was no other feeling like it. Spending hours upon hours at a single training spot...connecting new moves...figuring out different ways to do those moves. Now after a year of training...I don't have that feeling anymore. I think what I'm trying to say is that we all need to just experiment...have fun. You know?
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Adam C

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I jump over stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: The feeling of when you first started training.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
I was just training this week with Stevie Leifheit, and we penguin-slid across a table into a roll. Stupidest looking thing ever; but it was totally worth it. Just have fun. lol

But on the note of having that first-time (lol) feeling: I really only experience that when I go to a reallllly good training area. It's difficult to get that feeling with movement alone. :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:41:40 AM by Adam "Echo" C »
"Hi! I'm Mark Toorock from American Parkour. Today, we're going to be showing you parkour."

I will crush my mental blocks into a fine powder, and then I will construct a fabulous Zen garden.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
The feeling of the rest days from the time I started training, I remember, it was just ridiculous amount of pain. (My joints where not accustomed to anything like parkour, only accustomed to normal lifting movements.)

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
I was just training this week with Stevie Leifheit, and we penguin-slid across a table into a roll. Stupidest looking thing ever; but it was totally worth it. Just have fun. lol

But on the note of having that first-time (lol) feeling: I really only experience that when I go to a reallllly good training area. It's difficult to get that feeling with movement alone. :P

Dude, those penguin slides were so legit! I had so much fun training with you :)

He is right though, try and go out and just have fun! Stop worrying about progression for a little while and just have fun.
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Adam C

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I jump over stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
I think that APK should sell those tables, bro.  ;D
"Hi! I'm Mark Toorock from American Parkour. Today, we're going to be showing you parkour."

I will crush my mental blocks into a fine powder, and then I will construct a fabulous Zen garden.

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
Exactly, guys!
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline kalinflip

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »
I ony started when i was 12 last year. My body type is skinny  and my muscles hurt really badly. but it was fun and the more fun you have the funner it gets ;D
98 pounds of pure speed.