Author Topic: Windtraceurs [Trailer available!]  (Read 7269 times)

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
Windtraceurs [Trailer available!]
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:48:40 AM »
UPDATE: Awesome sauce quality trailer is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQWAxopAWg
http://www.primal-fitness.com/Brochure/windtraceurs_redux.mov
[ Right-click > save as. Only had primal-fitness ftp on hand :]

[ I think BigNinjaPimp hinted at this a while ago :] Alright guys, it's been hard enough as it is to keep this a "secret," some of you for whatever reason have had the chance to see it [ We showed Cyril Raffielli the trailer in New York on my PSP, why do you think Sam and I spent so much time with him? :]. For my scriptwriting class in my senior year at McDaniel College, I decided to take the "Future of Parkour" story which a lot of you remember, and focus in on the "Windtraceurs" contribution to that whole story line; weaving it in and out of the events that people wrote about. 92 pages, a lot of editing down, and a whole bunch of hours later, the final draft for the "Windtraceurs" was finished.

Above this are some screenshots from the trailer that we spent three 8+ hour days filming. It should be noted that we started filming the trailer 4 days before it was due  8). Behind the camera was the infamous Mike Yamrus, of Dispersion fame, working his magic as Myself, Sam [ Disciple ], John Ruiz [ a fellow student ], and Mike King [ from the martial arts dojang that Sam works at ] galavanted around on screen.

We were planning on shooting a 15 - 20 minute excerpt from the script, but between Mike getting married, myself moving to Westminster and having a job now [ ! ], and Sam working 18 hojillion jobs / 20 out of 24 hours in a day, we didn't get to start as early as we wanted. We may still get around to it this summer, if not definitely at some point in the future as it's something I think we all really want to do. So in the mean time because we're all so damn eager to actually show this to some people, Mike and I are going to re-cut the trailer to explain a bit more of the story line [ which is one thing that was lacking in the original trailer that was shown to my scriptwriting class, but we had all been reading / critiquing each other's scripts so it was alright ].

Here's an excerpt or two from the script:

Quote from: Windtraceurs Script
EXT.   NEW WAY DETENTION CENTER   NIGHT

Akh stops at the edge of the vent overlooking the awning. He climbs down the side of the building to the awning. Clearly tired, Akh slips but catches himself twice on the descent.

Akh reaches the awning and creeps to the edge to see two guards below smoking. Akh demi-tours the edge of the awning, using his momentum to swing forward and slam his feet into one of the guard's chest, riding him down onto the ground with a forceful stomp, following with a brutal punch to the guards face.

The second guard attempts to raise his rifle to fire, but Akh turns and roundhouse kicks the guard's hand, crushing it against the rifle. The guard drops the rifle, shaking his hand, then pulls out his stun baton and starts swinging at Akh who dodges and blocks each hit.

As the guard goes in for a swing, Akh sidesteps and grabs the guard's arm, pulling the guard to the ground while at the same time grabbing the stun baton. Akh tosses the stun baton away as the guard scrambles to his feet and starts running towards a door.

Akh gives chase and is upon the guard in seconds. A couple of steps away, Akh leaps into the air, raises one knee, puts his hands out in front of him and lands his knee on the guards back, smashing him into the door and using his hands to slam the guard's face as well.

Akh pulls the guard into some nearby shadows, and runs towards the closest outer wall. He tic-tacs off of a security van to a saut de bras on the wall, and pops up and over.

Quote from: Windtraceurs Script
EXT.   ALLEYWAY   NIGHT

CLOSE UP of Baram's face, he looks determined and angry. He stumbles into the alleyway, and leans against a wall, panting. He slams his shoulder into the wall, relocating it.

WE SEE blood stains, damaged brick walls, and burn marks from the ambush. He winces. A security van pulls up to the end of the alleyway. Two guards exit the van, stun-batons in hand.

GUARD #1
Looks like we found our little hoodlum returning to the scene. Can’t find your friends?

GUARD #2
You know, they have the other four to toy with back at the Center. I don’t think that they’ll mind us playing around with this one a bit.

Baram perks up.

BARAM
They are alive!

GUARD #1
Lie down on the ground, face on the pavement!

Baram walks towards them, a menacing smile on his face.

GUARD #1
I said lie down, damnit!

The guards sheath their stun batons and go to draw their pistols. Baram sprints at them. One of them gets a shot off, but misses as Baram leaps to the side and tic-tacs off of the wall, he lands, rolls and ends in a deep crouch in front of them.

The guards are frozen in shock.

BARAM
Am I your first?

Baram jumps upwards, pounds a heel into each of their faces, and lands crouched again. SOUND of van door opening. Baram sprints towards the van, saut de chats over it and lands on the head of a guard exiting the other side.

The final guard, still inside of the van, sticks his arm out of the window and places his pistol to the back of Baram’s head. Baram reacts immediately, rotates out of the way, grabs the arm of the guard and utilizes the momentum to pull the guard out of the van. As the guard lies on the ground Baram shouts and delivers a brutal kick to the guard's head.

Baram gets into the van, and checks the computer in the van for directions to the “New Way Detention Center.”

This part is from additions to the story that Baram wrote, which I changed a tad [ he had a side flip in there or something :p ] and wrote into script format.

So two little parts from a 92 page / one and a half hour long script. At some point when I feel I have a "final" [ yeah right ] version of the script I'll share it all. In the mean time enjoy these little tidbits, and shortly the 3 to 4 minute trailer. Huge thanks goes out to everyone who contributed to the "Future of Parkour" story and created that world, as well as to Mike Yamrus who's a goddamn videographing and editing beast, to Sam / Disciple who choreographed the fights and being the perfectionist he is [ look at his email address :] helped really critique the script throughout the entire semester I was writing it, and to John and Mike for letting sam and I beat them up!

EDIT: Ohhh yeah, that picture of my very very unhappy bruised toe was from a little mistake during a fight scene!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:18:28 PM by akh horus »

Offline AN D

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Windtraceurs
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! the links dont work it says like they cant be hosted by you! nooooooooooo

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:55:47 AM »
Woops, my bad. I'll fix that when I get back home tonight [ I'm at Primal Fitness right now :], in the mean time just copy / paste / click those links from BNP, Thanks man!

-Akh
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Joe Ramos

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:38:29 PM »
The two parts you posted sounded great I really can't wait until this is done I want to see your trailer lol, took a look at the screenshots between those and your script excepts it seems like you guys know what you are doing. 92 pages!! I tried writing a storyboard and it only came out to 3 pages lol PLEASE keep us updated! I really want to see both the trailer and the finished project. Best of luck to you

Offline whiteninja

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:48:32 PM »
Any chance you have that "Future of Parkour" story? I'd be interested in reading that.
I wish you luck on the film.

EDIT: Ohhh yeah, that picture of my very very unhappy bruised toe was from a little mistake during a fight scene!  ;)

Offline Machete

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 09:17:15 AM »
i know it'll be a while, but when do you think you'll have it completely done?

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 05:36:51 PM »
i know it'll be a while, but when do you think you'll have it completely done?

Good question :] In a perfect world we'd have the 15 - 20 minute excerpt done definitely by the end of 2007. But again we're all very busy so who knows, it'll get done when it get's done.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 06:37:02 PM »
That looks sweet. Akh you look pretty serious in that picture. Anyways, i can't wait. How dare you wet my apetite so long vefore i can get the real thing. Anyways yeah, that looks really awesome. Thanks for informing us, i hope it's fun.

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »
well when will the 3-4 minute trailer be put up?

Offline Cloud

• Ryan Cousins
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Alliance - TEAM N00B YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Aero
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:54 PM »
Looking good,  with your Parkour skills, Sam’s fighting experience, and mikes filming skills you guys have huge potential!  Can't wait to see some tid bits.

What did Cyril think of it?

Get with the flow...

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 07:29:20 AM »
well when will the 3-4 minute trailer be put up?
Like I said, Mike and I are working on a re-edit of the original trailer that will actually explain a little more of the storyline. ie. with a voice over or simple text. Maybe by the end of the week if not earlier?

Looking good,  with your Parkour skills, Sam’s fighting experience, and mikes filming skills you guys have huge potential!  Can't wait to see some tid bits.

What did Cyril think of it?
Thanks :] Cyril seemed to enjoy it and he gave us some really good tips for fighting after seeing the fight scenes in the trailer. Once we get more done I'll have to remember to shoot him an email to show it to him and to thank him!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:59:19 AM by akh horus »

Offline Sam Slater

• Patas
  • a.k.a. 'Disciple'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 09:57:23 AM »
Cloud - What Cyril really said was "This is horrible!  Why would you waste my time with such filth as this!"  I kid.  He was really nice about it.  It was him watching the trailer that inspired him to give us fight coreography tips for like 30 minutes, the biggest of which was the camera angle suggestions (in my opinion).

Glad to see a few people still remeber that story, and I am also glad to see that there are people interested in seeing this thing.  We'll get it done, and the you'll all find out what happends to Akh's big toe next.  Oops! I forgot that I wasn't supposed to mention that the story revolves around saving his toe  ;).

Oh, and i have all of the contributions to the original "Future of PK" story saved on my computer, so I'll see what I can do about getting it on the forums, although I think that was done last year when teh site first launched.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:39:44 PM by Disciple »

Offline Machete

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »
.  We'll get it done, and the you'll all find out what happends to Akh's big toe next.  Oops! I forgot that I wasn't supposed to mention that the story revolves around saving his toe  ;).

Idiot! thanks for ruining the plot for me!!! haha ;D

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 07:17:37 PM »
Windtraceurs trailer is UP! Shitty YouTube quality, check first post :]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQWAxopAWg

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Windtraceurs [Trailer available!]
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »
Looks pretty good... can't wait to see the high def one. :)
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline AN D

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
GLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOORIA! Thats awesome man. It is obvious you guys are putting in a TON of work on this thing. kepp it up and good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 08:19:18 PM »
Awesome sauce quality is up!
http://www.primal-fitness.com/Brochure/windtraceurs_redux.mov
[right-click > save as]

Offline Tyler Cochran

• Patas
  • Boards don't hit back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
Awesome man, looks pretty good.
"Empty your mind,
Be formless, shapeless, like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can flow, or it can crash,
Be water my friend"
-Bruce Lee

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 01:45:18 PM »
wow very nice! ;D
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI