Author Topic: Help with eating problem?  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Sean

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Help with eating problem?
« on: January 02, 2007, 06:19:51 PM »
Ok guys this will be quite funny.  The thread name prety much sums it up except why I think I have a eating problem.  Ok see I work at burger king ALL DAY LONG.  I seem to get really hungry.  I want to continue with pk, but Im afraid of all this fat and un healthy food with just slow me down. 

What should I do in order so stop?

;D
Des Moines Elite Traceurs

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Dont listen to Sat....Think with your balls
    • View Profile
Re: Help with eating problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
Uhh. Dont eat the bad food? Really its self control that defines your diet.

The BK lounge has some mean salads and other helthy stuff, so I would try to eat that.

dak

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »
yea um....we really cant tell you anything but to tell yourself to stop eating all the food. This threads pretty much pointless.

Offline Barker

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
I concur.......Pointless.

if this thread was the name of a PK Crew it would be Team Pointless,......lame
White Rabbit Parkour

Offline whiteninja

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »
Try drinking water; it helps to curb your appetite.
Another option would be to brush your teeth before you go to work (and floss, mouthwash, etc.). You wouldn't want to ruin that minty freshness, would you?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:02:56 AM »
Uhh. Dont eat the bad food? Really its self control that defines your diet.

The BK lounge has some mean salads and other helthy stuff, so I would try to eat that.

Uhhhhh.... Healty"ER"  check the calorie count on the salid son and try and figure out where all the extra callories are comping from.  Fast food in general will do their damnest to get you to eat what you eat there again.  Including upping the callories.  A salid from McDicks will have more callories then a big mac.  And Chicken nuggets from McDicks... healtyer right?  Well a ten peace chicken nugget has 480 callories.  thats 48 callories per nugget.

Your best bet would be to start fixing your own healty food at home stop buying premade food unless its stuff like clif bars or organics.  Luckly organics haven't realy been comericalised yet so most of the manufactors are indy and still have your health and well being in mind.  Long story short grow some balls and some self control.  Your body and life are worth it.  I don't eat as healty as I should.  If you need more tips on eatting healty there are alot out there.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Argon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 07:29:20 AM »
I concur.......Pointless.

if this thread was the name of a PK Crew it would be Team Pointless,......lame

I don't want to call you out in particular for this, because so many of us are guilty of it, but guys... for crying out loud, don't just post "go train" "this is pointless" or "just practice". No one is helped by this stuff, it just takes up room and makes people feel belittled and neglected.

/rant

Anyways, as some others have said, you need some better management of your diet. There are a lot of easy options if you don't like or can't afford organic food. If your employee lounge has a microwave, you can pack some filling things like instant noodles, or cook your own at home and bring them with you (but skip the alfredo sauce). Really anything high in carbs like bread is going to work here, these will fill you up with less calories than high fat and high protien foods, and they'll give you plenty of energy too. Yogurt and fruits are good options as well for their nutrients, and the high sugar content will give you a bit of a boost to help you finish out your shift.
My promise for the month: three sets of handstand pushups (upto 5 reps now...)

I keep having these dreams that I'm falling.
The strange thing is, when I wake up,
They keep coming true.

Offline Barker

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
Ok fine, its not pointless, if kyou need some info, hire a personal traininer. or if you are under the age of 18 and you cant find an adult that has a wellspring of knowlege about food training. the look up your local vo-tech or vocational school/acadamy, an enroll in one of thier deitary programs. They will teach you 70% of everything that you will need to know.

Also you could try to eat more slowly for this will help your body find out how hungary that you truly are.
White Rabbit Parkour

Offline whiteninja

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »
This site is GREAT for finding out what regular, old, natural foods contain: http://www.nutritiondata.com/
After you search a food, there is a link at the bottom of the page giving you a list of things which may be better for your diet, depending on what else you eat.

This is also a good site for cooking stuff: http://www.whfoods.com/
In particular, this: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
Burger King is not on that list.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »
OK, I first came to this site because it didn't have any of the this is point less or you should stop doing parkour because your so damn stupid shit like on the myspace forums.  WE need to rember that this is a user friendly site.  Don't put any one down or their threads.  You should twick ppls posts and every thing with out doing so in a hurtful way.  We are a family here lets keep it that way.

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline itsme

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
As an advocate of good nutrition and healthy living I can honestly say that I love Burger King Whoppers, hash browns and many other such disgusting foods. I don't however eat them except once in a very great while... then again I also don't work at Burger King... self control is one thing but when you're surrounded by food that you enjoy the taste of, that's got to be tough... my suggestion, don't work at BK, I mean seriously there are lots of jobs out there and I'm sure you can find one not only less tempting but also more rewarding... just a suggestion from someone who loves the taste of a whopper but does not eat them.

p.s. Ice cream, on the other hand is another story
Why shoot the breeze about it, when you could be about it

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 07:24:33 PM »
lol yea I guess I should have added if you eat the salads dont eat all of the un healthy crap that comes with it (Crispy chicken, probably the grilled chicken is pretty bad to, see if they have healthier vinegar dressings or dont eat dressing, and avoid cheese unless you can get a healtheir cheese like feta ect.)

you know what actually you may just want to pack a lunch. ::)

A good rule is to stay away from white flowers, breads, potatoes, rice, and sugar. White ain't Right. Whole grain breads are good, sweet potatoes are OK and brown sugar/rice is better than white.

There are a couple of threads in the diet section on cheap and healthy foods but I am lazy so just go to the diet section.

Some Ideas are (if the're in your price range) Beef jerky, Beans (the ones that need cooked not the canned ones). fresh veggies,

also remember Raman and similar products are the devil. They were rated dietarily as some of the worst foods in the world.

I would not quit your job though :P

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
I work at a pizza place, and I have been making it a point to avoid eating more than (maybe) once a week. I am very good about it, even though I STARVE. When I worked at Taco Bell I was always drinking pop and water instead of eating (at least pop's better than eating fast food).
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline Rickety

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:56:54 PM »
Go for what's easy and simple for you. If your diet is bad now, don't try to make it perfect in a week, because that will be bewildering. Besides all the stuff you'll have to learn, people argue about some of it, and you'll have to learn how to make it work for you in practice even once you've learned the theory.

Make sure you've got easy decent food around--pack something like apples, nuts, peanut butter sandwich, jerky, yogurt, whatever. Keep it lazy so it's not a lot of work at lunchtime or when you're running out the door to work. Bring enough good stuff that you pretty much fill up on that and don't crave as much crap.

As a start of eating well, just about everybody knows basic stuff: Don't stuff your face with french fries all the time. Soda is bad, water is good. Whole grains better than more refined stuff. Eat an apple instead of ice cream. etc.

less talk; less prep; less think; more do

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »
Finaly some good posts thanks APK this is what this site is all about. 
I would like to add that Lean Proteins and Complex Carbs are a good mix for any one with an active life style.  Look at people in track and ppl like in circdasola.... Low fat high protein high complex carb dites.  The carbs is what will produce your engry they are also filling and take alonger time to dijest so you are fuller longer.  Oat meal *the plan stuff* is a great excample of this.  If its to blan for you add some brown sugar or some fruit.  As far as lean proteins fish and egg whites are two.

Offline houston

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »
watch "super size me"
after that movie ive staid out of crapy food places like mcdonalds and burgerking
and if you have one shop at trader joes

crazyted

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 06:28:37 PM »
simple try to bring some healthy snacks... bring what you like but make sure it is a healthy choice.... nuts, fruits, etc etc.. when your hungary have that, and drink some water or other quality beverage...and that way you should help to satisfy your hunger and be healthy... it takes some disipline... give it a try and good luck !!!
Ted

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »
I know that this thread is a couple of days old but I just found this (http://www.drsears.com/zonefastfoods.page)

dak

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »
quit your job  ;D

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
Pack snacks! I keep a stash of roasted almonds, dried fruits, and other long-shelf-life natural things in my bag. They can be high in fat and sugar so use moderation; but they're better than Whoppers! :-)

On a daily basis you can just pack your own lunch or dinner to eat on your break. Go for healthy stuff like salads (when you make them yourself you can control what goes into them), wraps, fresh veggies, fresh fruits, lowfat cheeses (string cheese is a great snack), beef jerky (watch out for the salt though), low-sugar yogurt (I like to get plain yogurt and add fresh fruit to sweeten it; and maybe a little artificial sweetener if it's still too tart).

Good luck with things. I know how hard it is to resist, especially when you're working and your break is short and you want to go for something convenient.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com