Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 24819 times)

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us about yourself
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »
Willkommen zu APK.com.

With out passion , effort is meaningless.

Offline malabyss

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 07:15:43 PM »
Hi, names Jordan but I like to go by Mal. I live in the southeast. I just started learning about Pk tonight accually, watched the movie The great challenge and it peaked my intrested. I am very fond of freedom and have been looking for somthing to dedicate myself to. I want to learn all I can in this for phisical strength and mental. Anyway, anyone near my area want to get together and train ( zero experince here) let me know. Im 19 and willing to travel.

Offline CrazedXSanity

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »
I'm Jacob and I just got into le parkour. I'm 17.
I live in the Marietta/Powder Springs area and am looking for some guys about the same exp. level [beginner] to get a clan going and train with.

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
ok first off welcome to the world of parkour. some advice though. if you are just starting then i wouldn't worry about getting a "clan". just worry about your techs (techniques). start from the ground and work your way up conditioning your body the whole time. start really small and focus on perfecting th esmall things. and always practice your rolls and landings.
   but other than that welcome! ^______^
With out passion , effort is meaningless.

Offline Stallion

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »
1. I'm writing a book about an assassin and just learned of Parkour today.
2. I really need to get in shape.

Experience is the best way to gain knowledge is it not?  Anyone in the Atlanta area down to meet up?  If I'm not broke I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

::winkwink:: 

Tally

Offline Jumanji

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
definitely visit the Overflux.com website, there are many people there who can get you up to speed, the sessions that occur, and a lot of good information within the threads.

I am also sure they would be interested in helping you find any information yo need in regards to a relationship between your subject matter and parkour. 

Offline MJTalbot

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »
Hey whats up my name is matt. i am very new to this and was just hoping to get some more info and just some general knowledge of parkour. very interested and hope to hear back from some people. i live down in columbus ga if there is anyone around here that does it. not sure but sure hope so.

Offline blackace23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
Yeah, well Atlanta isn't too far away from you guys, and now I'm living in College Park, which is about 10 minutes away from Downtown. HINT HINT!

But now I'm pretty use to practicing by myself, so its all good.

My friends and I do most of our stuff down in College Park. We do it at a rather private facility that caters to education and rich kids... if you catch my drift. But occasionally, we venture out and go down to the park off Rugby or places like that.

The two of the three of us live in near Smyrna, in the near Buckhead Vinings area. Anyone know of some good places around there?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:38:27 PM by blackace23 »

Offline mtarver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm Mychael just got into le parkour. I'm 17. I live in Garfield, Ga(Emanuel County) area and looking for some guys in my area to help me out(preferably around my level). Got into le parkour for the following reasons; 1). it's a challenge...and i like challenges 2). need to lose the weight.

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 05:54:59 AM »
hi

im Bryan, i am 16, got into parkour in about the beginning of april. im from Dallas, GA. as of a group/team. i have about 3 or 4 people. who train on a daily basis. and another person that trains when he can.

well, when i was like 13(3 years ago) i watched some parkour videos, didnt know what it was called just found it on websites like google. forgot about it because no one would tell me the name of it. then in may my friend andy spotted a parkour video some how and was like "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!" so we slowly worked our way into training for it.

and we got a good start too, about 2 weeks into practicing parkour there was a local jam in GA so we got to go see how everyone was like, and it helped us improve dramaticly, THATS WHY EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO JAMS!!! :)

oh and btw... the chicken came first... :)
listen to my music at soundcloud

Offline Dinodom000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • DinoNet
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
Hey, I'm Dominic and i am 16 i have been interested in parkour since before i turned 15 but started doing it more often about 4 months ago. I got inspired because i used to be overweight... and i felt bad cause all my friends were skinny, also i watched some videos on parkour and it kinda sparked in my head and that's how i got started.

I have one friend who wants to do parkour with me but he is one of those people who when asked if they want to train parkour just say "I don't feel like it today, maby tomorrow." So basically i train alone 99.9% of the time. Kinda sucks being alone but when you love it as much as i do you cant help but get outside.

I have some great basic skills but my vaults are lacking, but my landings/rolls are getting very good, i am also losing my fear of heights. No flips yet  :'(

Also it is very hard to find good training places where i live, im limited to running the streets of my neighborhood and jumping off/around/on/under/through the kiddy playground. Kinda embarrassing when your alone. I REALLY need a good place to train. Any Ideas?

Oh and i live in Flowery Branch so if anyone lives near their let me know. dinodom@gmail.com

(oh and by the way, i lost the weight!!!!!!  ;D but sadly no abs yet, but im working on that!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:03:20 PM by Dinodom000 »

Offline RM

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
Hi my name is Ronnie and I'm 14.  I live outside of Atlanta in Alpharetta but I'm really not looking to meet up with anyone because that might be a little awkward for me.  I've wanted to start parkour for a long time but never actually did.  Now I finally have the determination but I fractured my tibia playing soccer and am in a full leg cast for a couple of weeks.  Once I finish physical therapy, I'll probably start training.  Anyone know of some good places to start?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline RuninMan07

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
hey it took me a year but i am down in columbus and i hope that u are still interested in parkour. so check me out and get back with me

Offline imsothemanxd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
WHats going on guys names ryan and I live in alpharetta. I have been into parkour for years now, but only recently decided that I would get into it about last year. I have some basics down, but I am a person who only learns when shown so youtube videos and such, do nothing for me if i am alone trying stuff, so if anyone wants to meet up!!!!!! MESSAGE ME!

Offline Phase

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »
Hello, my name is John, or Phase.  I a actually have several nicknames.  Unfortunately I'm in Augusta which seems a bit far away from most of you all.  But if anyone around is interested in starting something up let me know.

Offline Overdose

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 01:59:41 PM »
Hey, even though I live in FL, I live 3mins away from GA. So if anyone lives in way south GA, then we should run sometime. Well, I still haft to learn everything though. I started like today, but I don't like practicing alone though, not as fun. So I live mabye more to the west side of GA close to bainbrigde (sorry can't spell today).

Hey bro, I live in Kingsbay GA, Saint Marys. I myself am looking for someone to try it out with. I also have never attempted it yet. Hit me back if you want, maybe we can meet sometime and try it out. PS, I dont have that much time left due to the fact that I will be deploying pretty soon, (US Navy).

Joey

Offline kevothefilipino

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »
my names Kevin.
our group as about three active members. we lost a few people after we didnt get free running in.
I live 20 south of ATlanta, Jonesboro.
Got into parkour three years ago, and im know starting to do some parkour.lol
and i dont know if its the chicken that came first of the egg.lmao
well i was wondering does anyone wanna help start up a free running/parkour JAm in atlanta? that would be great.
The Free Runner

Offline Team Avian

• Completely and Utterly Banned not.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ɹnoʞɹɐd ǝןןıʌsɐןƃnop
    • View Profile
    • Team Avian's Home Page
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »
My name is Kyle
The team that I Co-Founded (I dont like to say Lead because its a team... we make all the decisions together and all of that such) is Team Avian  ({joke}We were going to name it Team Swine but then the Swine flu broke out so we decided to go with something that wasn't related to a type of flu...{/joke})

anyways... I, personally, have been doing Parkour since LONG before I knew what PK was... i remember way back in the elementary school days, i LOVED to run up trees lol! i'd vault over stuff and just have fun...

then about 5 years ago I learned about Parkour and immediately knew that it was for me... about 3-4 years ago, I learned about APK and just kind of surfed it every now and then to see what was up... i've had an account for a while but never really posted much... now we have a Team profile so that our pictures and video will be together and organized...

anyways we are from Douglasville, Georgia and are seriously starting to get organized and are starting to build us some mobile equipment so that we can do some expos and Parkour Awareness stuff in parks

so... if anyone wants to either join the team or just help out or get together for some jams/expos/or awareness programs(Where we teach others about it and such){They did it in Hawaii and that was a great turn-out and idea}

but yea... that's about it I guess... hit me up if you know any good spots or are in the area and want to jam

-Kyle(Rage)
Team Avian soaring through the city-scape

Team Avian's Home Page

Team Avian's Youtube Channel

Quote from: Beretta
"Open mindedness is an essential parkour skill."

**APK Roof Police**

Offline Sarah A.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
Name's Sarah.

I'm 13, going into 8th grade. Learned about Parkour from Assassin's Creed. Thought it was cool how Altair (the character you play as) moved, so I went to the ubisoft boards and found out it was called Parkour. Eventually they linked me here, so hurray for that!

I live on the west side of Atlanta. Probably won't go to any jams any time soon or anything like that. Parents don't know that I'm doing Parkour yet, but I'm to nervous to tell them. I'll get to that eventually...

So yeah. I haven't been doing Parkour for very long. Less then a month. I can kind of do a roll and basic vaults, but not a whole lot. See you guys around.

Offline Saki Krys

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »
Name's Sarah.

I'm 13, going into 8th grade. Learned about Parkour from Assassin's Creed. Thought it was cool how Altair (the character you play as) moved, so I went to the ubisoft boards and found out it was called Parkour. Eventually they linked me here, so hurray for that!

I live on the west side of Atlanta. Probably won't go to any jams any time soon or anything like that. Parents don't know that I'm doing Parkour yet, but I'm to nervous to tell them. I'll get to that eventually...

So yeah. I haven't been doing Parkour for very long. Less then a month. I can kind of do a roll and basic vaults, but not a whole lot. See you guys around.

Woot! Another traceuse! Welcome aboard :) It's a shame we live on opposite sides (I live bout an hour east of Atl) but I hope to meet you and train together one of these days! Until then, keep training :)