Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 24817 times)

Offline gameyy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Linty Fresh
Tell us about yourself
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:12:47 AM »
It's the offical "break the ice" thread.

So tell us a little about you and your group. Where are you based? How did you get into parkour? How long has it been? What came first: chicken or the egg?

-gameyy

Offline Zanadoo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: Tell us about yourself
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:53:33 PM »
Ummm, names Chris or Zanadoo.
As of now my group consists of about 6-8 people that actively train with us at my college.
I live in Marietta and attend Southern Polytechnic State University.
Got into parkour about 3-4 months ago after I saw a video on 3run.co.uk that someone had posted on a forum and I've been hooked ever since.
And it is obvious the chicken came first, doy!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 08:55:05 PM by Zanadoo »

Offline gameyy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Linty Fresh
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »
It's crazy, I think there are quite a few of us in the Marietta area...

Sorry Tsi, you just live in the wrong place. (I know you'll read this)

Well I think most people know the "legend" of the Nekojin Clan. Started in August of 03 after seeing yamakasi and researching it on UF. We've been practicing heavily since then, with a few breaks now and again for injuries... Which have been messy: broken ankle, sprained ankle, ripped AC tendons, and shin stitches... I can still feel the pain...

-gameyy

Offline tsianami

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 06:00:21 PM »
Yeah, well Atlanta isn't too far away from you guys, and now I'm living in College Park, which is about 10 minutes away from Downtown. HINT HINT!

But now I'm pretty use to practicing by myself, so its all good.

Offline gameyy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Linty Fresh
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:43:40 PM »
Well it's good to hear that you're still getting practice. Since my injury I'm still struggling just to run and parkour is pretty much out of the question. I'm doing a lot of "monkey stretching" though. I find that to be a really good workout and an unusual amount of fun, too.

-gameyy

Offline georgiaboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:48:13 PM »
hey giuys my name is philip im from henry county area but im out here in ca long beach for school but i had no idea anybody ran in ga when i come home im gonna look for you guys where do yall usally run at?

Offline Zanadoo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »
Hey, when you're home check out www.overflux.com thats where most of the GA Traceurs tend to post at.

Offline PKintermediate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 03:21:44 PM »
Hey, even though I live in FL, I live 3mins away from GA. So if anyone lives in way south GA, then we should run sometime. Well, I still haft to learn everything though. I started like today, but I don't like practicing alone though, not as fun. So I live mabye more to the west side of GA close to bainbrigde (sorry can't spell today).
Well, I think I can do my landings and rolls right, I just need to combine them.

Do you live in a area close to tallahassee? Then we should run sometime.

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »
gwinnett county
 was surfing around on youtube.com and came across a yamakazi vid. kept watching more vids.thought it would be fun to mess around with until i began to get serious and have never looked back or down just up.
With out passion , effort is meaningless.

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 10:02:24 AM »
If anybody still reads this, atlanta now has regular training sessions every saturday at noon in centenial park. (the w1 stop on marta)
Look for a big fountain.
Any level is welcome to come for a hard day of training.  :)

parkourATL

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 09:54:26 PM »
Hey, About the training sessions in Atlanta.  About how many people do you guys have show up?

Is there anyone from the Newnan, Peachtree City area that is looking for some local training? My buddy and I are trying to get an Atlanta South group together.

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 03:09:24 PM »
ussually around 4

Offline Spry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 07:21:33 PM »
Hi, my name is Jesse Merriman, and I am the guy that ParkourATL posed to be.  I have been practicing freerunning for a little while now and don't wish for anything more than to further develope my skills.  I live in Newnan, GA and if anybody in the PTC or Fayetteville Area wants to kick it some time, I know a few local spots. 

P.S. ParkourATL is a douchebag.

Offline Windcalmer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »
Hi. My name is Matt or Wind. I answer to both. I use to live in Savannah, but moved up here to Carrollton almost two years ago. I recently gave up smoking after 14 years and have started training again.

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
good for you, kicking the habit and all! congrats and good luck. welcome to apk. i don't know if you have already but most of the traceurs in the atlanta area are on overflux.com tough so check that out! welcome again!

Offline Windcalmer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »
Thanks Street. I will check that out.

Offline Jumanji

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »
Jomari Peterson
Howard University Civil Engineering Student
I am working in COnyers, Ga for the summer of '07, but I live in unincorporated riverdale and everything is within 35 minutes of me.....  It seems.   

I have fam in MArietta, as well. 

I learned about Parkour through the game Assassin and I was looking to get back in shape since I stopped playing football.  My friend Demetrius and I also started working on a comic book, called Ro based on Parkour and that is how we started running.  So I guess we are proponents of the chicken being first, cuz we jumped right in it.

I am recovering from an outside shoulder injury, but I am readst to go.  I have just been lifting, stretching and general excercising for about a month, so the skills are up to par, but I love the freedom of the run.

Offline Dunk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
Hey, everyone.

The name's Dunk. I found out about parkour in late '06, and I wanted to get into it, but I was never able to commit. A friend of mine got me interested in it, so here I am...I live in Cobb County.

Just curious, but do you guys suggest I start off building muscle and such before I move on to the techniques, or should I do the techniques in conjunction with my training? I am 13 if it helps...

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 05:57:20 AM »
well 1st off welcome to the pk scene.
  i would definatly wrk on conditioning. start very small and build things up progressivly.

Offline roguefireangel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
Hey, i'm 25, just moving to Savannah, and saw Parkour on ABC World News Now in the middle of the night and knew right away that it was something i'd be interested in trying.  i'm just starting out, am trying to master my rolls, but i'm gonna have to take my time as i'm overweight and am trying to get back in shape (high school was a long time ago).  But i'm already losing weight and am going to work hard, so who knows, maybe i'll be able to build up to some stuff gradually.  Oh, and i'm female, but i usually lift weights and am no wilting flower.  Guess that's about it.