Author Topic: Osama Bin-Laden is dead  (Read 5807 times)

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
Re: Osama Bin-Laden is dead
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
What I am irked by is the celebration of his death. Evil man or not, death in the real world shouldn't be enjoyed, like when a stadium full of Phillies fans started chanting "USA! USA!" Someone is dead, nothing more, nothing less.
Cool, I agree that celebration is just out of place as well. But were people really celebrating the death of a guy or what the death will hopefully mean?

Thinking on all of the discussion and Facebook statuses, I have the feeling it was more celebration of his death, whether people meant to or not. It's been so long, I don't know if people remember half of the reason why we were hunting him... I think it's safe to say there was a "good" reason in the beginning, though.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
What I am irked by is the celebration of his death. Evil man or not, death in the real world shouldn't be enjoyed, like when a stadium full of Phillies fans started chanting "USA! USA!" Someone is dead, nothing more, nothing less.

It's Philadelphia sports fans we are talkin about here....

I understand though Gabe. As I put it, more of a relief than anything. I just find his death a good excuse to be the stereotypical american. lol

Offline Donald Morrow

• Guenons
  • I <3 Andy + Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
Being in Canada, I certainly didn't see the same reactions as everybody in the USA. However, even here people were celebrating his death when he had done nothing wrong to our country specifically. It is a great relief that such a horrible influence will no longer be able to pull strings, but no matter how evil his doings, his death is not, and should not, be a celebration.

There will always be people to fill another persons shoes. For now, we are rid of Osama, but within time somebody just like him will rise up and be a thorn in our side.

From a Canadian friend, I am glad that the proposed mastermind behind the vicious attacks on your country has been put to rest. However, I hope for the future that we can be more human about the reaction. :)
People can say 'You can't, you won't, you never will', but believe in yourself, and you will do the impossible. - Me

Offline kenny nivens

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
i agree death is nothing to celebrate. but the potential that death can bring is, in theory, a good thing.

and besides death can be just as beautiful as life...

maybe not in this scenerio though. but i'm sure Bin-Laden was suffering in some way shape or form, and if he was i believe that it's a good thing he has been relieved of those things.

By the way, i don't really keep up with politics so all i know about Bin-Laden is just what i've read on here and heard from friends. (not much info) so if i'm wrong, correct me please :)
Have you ever thought, could do?

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »
You know what they say about Bin Laden now?

6 more horcruxes. I can fit HP humor in anywhere (almost)....
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Joshua Sikes

• Guenons
  • BAM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
Wow that text is tiny... I had to copy and past it elsewhere just to read it. lol.  You can't do stuff like that to me, cause if I hadn't done that, it would have driven me CRAZY trying to figure it out.  Talk about curiosity killing the cat.  :P
All the days I fight the urge to eat bad, fattening food will be for nothing, a sacrifice in vain, if I give in the urge today.  Fight the urge, be free.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
You could have just pressed quote. ;)

It would have brought it up.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Kimberly Heuer

• Patas
  • "Action Conquers Fear." -PNZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »

See, this is why I like you Ashy.  You impart your knowledge to those of us who aren't so clever :D
And I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out sooner
Passivity is a lie, there is only movement.
Through movement, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain expression.
Through expression, my chains are broken.
Movement shall free me.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »
See, this is why I like you Ashy.  You impart your knowledge to those of us who aren't so clever :D
And I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out sooner

:D “Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.” ;)

Offline Joshua Sikes

• Guenons
  • BAM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 02:23:21 AM »

Touché salesman... touché.
All the days I fight the urge to eat bad, fattening food will be for nothing, a sacrifice in vain, if I give in the urge today.  Fight the urge, be free.

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
To put my two cents in the the topic I dont think it matters if they're lying about what exactly happens. For all I care he could have taken his own life instead of being shot, or if his kid and youngest wife were there. And I dont think Obama should release the footage or pictures of this. For some reason it just doesn't seem right to do that. As for the Muslim tradition, most people are saying it's "at sea", which I found out is being misinterpreted, it's actually a tradition in that religion to be "laid to rest" within 24hrs, be it at sea or in the ground.
Zechariah 14:12
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 06:41:57 AM »

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 06:55:27 AM »
I dont understand how they can harbor hate like that. Sure I'm not the kindest person ever, but I believe all religion is about caring for your fellow man, and living by a set of laws that should be morals that everyone of every faith should abide by. It just goes to show that many people dont understand religion in the least. And I'm not bashing anyone here that is religious, not at all, as a community we've learnt that many different people can grow as one without hate and violence. I'm a guy that loves techno, video games, and can cook up a storm, and I'm sure there's someone here that hates techno, doesn't do video games and cant cook worth a shit, but we could get along because we have a unifying factor.
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline forthestego

• Guenons
  • Praise the stego.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:44 AM »
Just a quick note... the death of the person should, as previously said by many, never be celebrated. The thing we are really celebrating is the death of his potential action. If he never really planned to do anything, his death would be somewhat worthless. But since he most likely posed a threat to the rest of the world, they had to get rid of him. So basically, not him, but his actions/potential actions were at fault.
The name's Tails.

Power is nothing without control. 10PU

Peoria Parkour co-founder.

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
Just a quick note... the death of the person should, as previously said by many, never be celebrated. The thing we are really celebrating is the death of his potential action. If he never really planned to do anything, his death would be somewhat worthless. But since he most likely posed a threat to the rest of the world, they had to get rid of him. So basically, not him, but his actions/potential actions were at fault.

I'm going to throw this out, but it isn't reasonable to say that "potential action" is a reason to end a life.  That's ethically dangerous ground.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Swa

• Patas
  • Life's short, make fun of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
My birthday's May 1st, I think I got a pretty darn good 16th present now didn't I?

have a nice day

Offline Kevin H.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SM6_5sGxc
I do not support or support this video but i do find it to be alittle funny in a bad way :p

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
I found this...it's pretty funny when ya think about it. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOIy6QEbes

(Zombies)

Offline forthestego

• Guenons
  • Praise the stego.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »
I'm going to throw this out, but it isn't reasonable to say that "potential action" is a reason to end a life.  That's ethically dangerous ground.

Im not saying it is, all im saying is that he posed a threat to the US and other countries, thats what i mean by "potential action". I personally am not in favor of the fact that they killed him. These are circumstances in which they knew he was probably going to do something hostile, so they had to do something about it.
The name's Tails.

Power is nothing without control. 10PU

Peoria Parkour co-founder.