Author Topic: National Jam  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Joy-Marie

• Guenons
    • View Profile
National Jam
« on: April 21, 2011, 05:08:01 AM »
What do you ladies think of having a national women's jam this summer?? I've been seeing so much more interest. Even if we could do jams in different regions all over the states, that would be awesome. Let's talk it out and discuss!

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
Re: National Jam
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:35:40 AM »
I would love it! It'd be great to meet some other traceuses.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »
Great idea.

Biggest question is to decide where and who will host. From there everything will fall into place easily.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Joy-Marie

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:48:18 AM »
Awesome. Well, I'd love to host but then my location is not very central across the USA. However, Florida is PRETTY awesome.

Comments? Thoughts?

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
florida gets a bit too hot / humid for jams in the summer (when some of us are used to training in northern climates) and may lead to heat exhaustion and not so funness...
I would consider hosting it somewhere less humid... unless florida is having a temperate summer this year
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Maybe Primal????
*Always Believe*

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
bump....thoughts anyone?
*Always Believe*

Offline freeflow246

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
I probably wouldn't be able to attend, because I'm a minor and share a car with my twin, so traveling out of the state or even more than a few hours away is not gonna happen. I will say that it has been really, really hot down here in Florida this summer. It's been hard for me, and I've been living here my whole life. Also, the parkour scene is not as lively here. I'd recommend an area that is not too far from the people attending, but also has a more active parkour community and a better climate.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
I agree with the fact of going somewhere where there is a more active community. Heat, it doesn't bother me to much. Also, I'd travel for one.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:12:06 AM »
Maybe trying to get to one of the national jams?  (b)east coast was so fun!  Id absolutely go to another national jam and if I have the money I wouldnt mind traveling for it :)
*Always Believe*

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Maybe trying to get to one of the national jams?  (b)east coast was so fun!  Id absolutely go to another national jam and if I have the money I wouldnt mind traveling for it :)

I've been trying to go to one. As of now, life and work will not permit it.

But it'd be great if we all tried to go to a National Jam, then sort of had a meet up there. That could work too.

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »
national ladies jam in fairfield, connecticut, june 26th GCA open gym... meet the infamous Daniel James Kelley

/half sarcasm
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
oh ffld lol ive spent many a weekend there and have many non friends now hahahahaha (not in the pk world though thankfully!)
*Always Believe*

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »
[ My Facebook ]

Offline Joy-Marie

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
Well, I see your point with Florida being hot. Personally, I just deal with it and drink lots of water because it's where I live and I am not going to stop training because of the heat.

Although, Florida is really a great place to train in the winter/fall time. It does not get too cold here.

If anyone else is willing to head up a National jam at a more central location for everyone, then awesome. I'd love to help plan. However, I really don't know any other places well enough to do the bulk of the planning for where to stay and where the training spots are.

Basically, my purpose in making this thread was to see if anyone in a good location wanted to head it up. D.C. is not exactly the best place for people coming from California but the community there is pretty active.

For my part: 1) Florida in the fall (if people's schedules allow) is a beautiful place to train 2) Flying into Orlando tends to be cheaper because of Disney 3) The Florida community is VERY active as far as women are concerned  4) I am able & willing to accommodate and plan the whole thing at a very minimal cost

I think it's rather late for a national women's jam this summer, unless it's August. And Florida tends to cool down in August anyways. If anyone else wants to step up from a more central area, please do. If you feel you're not skilled enough or don't know enough, it's not a big deal. We can always work around that.