Author Topic: is a weighted bag while jogging bad???  (Read 11607 times)

Offline Kasper

• Guenons
  • "I'd Hit That!"
    • View Profile
Re: is a weighted bag while jogging bad???
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
it would just be easier to carry dumbells
(insert witty comment)

Offline canman44

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »
I would imagine that my arms would get tired before my legs got tired of running. I really want to try a vest though.  How much do they cost.  I try to run about 5 mi. a day.  I run through the hills of the Appalachia and I recently was running some paths through the woods when I came upon what seems to be an obstacle course for, what seems like a summer camp sort of deal.  So no I run and do some obstacles on the way, and I keep finding new stuff too!  It really helped to give me incentive to run, b/c I don't know what I'll find next.

KenDevilGod

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »
Sprinting while carrying weight results in no benefits whatsoever, only chronic arthritis. Weight secured to your body does not act as resistance, only when it is pulled from behind or pushed does it offer benefit.

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 08:18:43 AM »
As long as you take it VERY slow as mentioned in one of the earlier comments it can be very useful. However, thinking of this only reminds me of the ruck marches, where out of nowhere the Army expects you to jog with a 60+ ruck on your back. It's horrid on your knees and can seriously damage your structure. Even 20 lbs is pushing it.

If you feel the need to give your body resistance training then I highly suggest a parachute or find a nearby track coach who knows how to work a bungee cord properly. These train your body with minimal impact and consequences later on if done improperly (except the bungee which can be pretty damn dangerous...and funny...when used improperly).

Offline constellationcancer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »
all i know is, whatever you do, never practice kicks with ankle weights.