Author Topic: PARKOUR PARK IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY - HELP NEEDED  (Read 7785 times)

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
PARKOUR PARK IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY - HELP NEEDED
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
http://pkopinion.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/a-call-to-arms/

Traceurs here at the Trumbull YMCA are working hard to get a Parkour Park built here in CT, and it looks like our plan may be coming to fruition ;D  If a few more administrative issues get sorted out, this Park is going to be set to go.  This is a project to bring the entire CT community together, and have a place to train for just...us.  It's going to be heaven, I assure you guys.

But we will need help and that's where all of you guys come in!  We are going to need a complete ton of volunteer assistance haha.  It's going to be a huge project, building this park.  Most of the work is going to be done by us, and it's going to be a lot of work.  Don't let Zach, Josh, and I have to do the entire thing by ourselves lol.  We're going to need all the help we can get, whenever you guys can.  It's going to be manual labor so you'll get conditioned too :D haha. 

If you want to see a mockup of the park, here's the link to the Facebook album - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=633730829&aid=387249.  It's going to be effing intense.
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline Mike KC

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • How i buy new parkour shoes.
    • View Profile
Re: PARKOUR PARK IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY - HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »
Since i love to work with my hands (and i love parkour), i will be there almost every day working on that park.
(i'm assuming it will be over the summer.)
As long as I can get a ride there, i'm in.

It's going to be manual labor so you'll get conditioned too :D haha. 
What other kind of labor is there, besides baby labor? Automatic labor? :)
+10 Clap Push-Ups

Offline tillow214

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »
So where exactly is this going to be built?  If it's not too far, I'll try to come as often as possible to help out.  I love the idea. It really would be great to have our own place to jam whenever we want.
I don't do signatures.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:59 AM »
Hey Chris, it's gonna be built in the Trumbull/Monroe area :) The drive shouldn't be too bad for you, maybe a little upwards of 20 minutes.  And yeah, I can't wait till we get this started!

And were you the kid in the blue shirt at the Stratford/New Haven jam?!  I just made the connection yesterday in the car, I was like "wait, his name was Chris...there's a Chris Tillow on the forums...shit." lol.  Sorry bro :)

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
I would love to help out, but the only times I'm sure I can come is next week (spring break) and during summer vacation. I'll try to show up during some weekends, but that's unlikely.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
That's fine :)  Only help when you can haha, you don't need to go out of your way :)

Offline lalol59

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
damn bro, u seriously need to contact me, we should be training like evryday lol well just let me know when this is gonna happen, i seriously want to help!
Never let no body tell you what you can't do

Offline tillow214

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »
Any update on this? I'd really like to help if I could get the details of where/when we're working on it.
I don't do signatures.

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
I am willing to help! I will accept payment in Parkour lessons only!
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
Copied from Zach K.

Good news guys. The Parkour Course is moving forward. We need workers. This Sunday we're going to be excavating the site at the Trumbull YMCA Outdoors Center. We're going to be meeting early in the morning in the parking lot (time to be announced soon). We're going to be moving rocks, cutting trees, raking and other sorts of clearing activities. As of right now it's bring your own refreshments, we'll be working all day. If you can help, post here. I'll let you know if we can use you, we're not going to need everybody who responds right away, but we will eventually. Right now the project is in its baby steps, we're clearing the land this Sunday, and within the next 2 weeks laying down wood chips and bordering the area. The course is our goal over the next few months. My Dad & I will be providing all the tools needed to complete this task, I will post if we need anything else. I may be adding more and I'll put that in a separate post, but for now the info you need to know is:
Sunday, June 26th
Trumbull Outdoors Center
Meeting @ Parking Lot
Early meet up time (time to be announced)
Clearing the area that day
As of right now it's bring your own refreshments

Hope to hear from some of you guys.

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 06:29:24 PM »
I can tentatively make it, but I am warning you, this is going to be a Sunday morning decision, so I am quite tentative. I will what I can to get over there!
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 04:19:07 AM »
We've finally started the project- a 50x50 Parkour Park in Monroe, CT that will progressively expand over time. Step 1 was actually starting construction which was hard in its own way. Step Two is clearing the land. We found a relatively flat spot in the woods and this is our progress after two days of work. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera the first day, and so all footage is from the second day. At the beginning the area was just another spot in the woods, dense as all hell with trees, and our community all chipped in and we've gotten this far. We haven't hired anyone, and all the work is done by traceurs and Zach's dad who is a construction beast

The last clip shows how far we got about at about noon, my camera ran out of battery but after, we managed to pretty much finish clearing by the end of the day. The next time we meet we will probably begin actual construction!

People who have worked on the park so far and are in the video: Zach Kekac, Mickey Kekac (Zach's dad, in charge), Shay Subramanian, Dylan Sidor, Scott Hoffman, Califf Guzman, and Rohit Kandala.

SUBSCRIBE to stay updated on the Park's progress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujExBWWP7M