Author Topic: PAPK: Jam for Japan  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
PAPK: Jam for Japan
« on: March 25, 2011, 07:48:58 AM »
Hello all,

I have some incredibly exciting news! Lehigh Valley Parkour is incredibly proud to announce that we will be hosting a charity event: “PAPK: Jam for Japan”. This is a worldwide effort, a part of the “Worldwide Parkour Charity: Traceurs for Japan” Initiative. A growing total of 16 countries including Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Iran, Italy,  Japan, New Zealand, Romania, South Africa, Switzerland, UK, as well as states in the United States including, North Carolina, California, Hawaii, Georgia, Iowa, Nevada, and more are all participating. And now, so is Pennsylvania!

Lehigh Valley Parkour will be hosting a Jam to represent Pennsylvania and all surrounding areas to help raise funds for this wonderful cause. One hundred percent of the funds raised at this jam will be sent directly to the Red Cross to help the victims of the catastrophic earthquake in Japan to rebuild their lands and their lives.

Sound worth your time? I sure hope so. Here’s the information you need to know:

When:
Saturday, April 23rd from 1:00pm – 7:00om

Where:
Quakertown Memorial Park, Quakertown PA.
[ http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&q=quakertown+memorial+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=memorial+park&hnear=Quakertown%2C+PA&cid=0%2C0%2C9288482334837110702&z=16&iwloc=A ]

Who:
Anybody! All ages are welcome, all skill levels are welcome. This includes children all the way through full adults. Even if you don’t do Parkour, come by, make a donation, and enjoy watching people jump around! Do some photography, play some live music, bring some food, anything! Anybody is welcome to come and make this event enjoyable and fun for all.

Cost:
The cost for this event per person will be $10. As I said, 100% of the funds raised will be sent directly to the Red Cross.

Additional Info:
-Bring snacks and food and water for yourself!
-Rain or shine, sleet or snow, this event will be taking place. Weather does not affect our ability to get together and make a difference in the world.
-Invite your friends! Tell everyone about it. Gather donations at your school or workplace and bring them to the jam! This is a way for you to be proactive and truly make a difference.
-Bring some extra cash! We’ll be doing additional fundraising activities at the jam, including bake sales! (Who can say no to fresh, soft, home-made cookies?)

-Towards the end of the day, Adam McC will be offering a complimentary Tai Chi, Meditation, Relaxation and Chiropractic Healing session. That alone is enough reason to come.

This is a change to meet a lot of cool people, have a really great time, and be a part of something very powerful. Don’t miss an event like this.

Please visit the Facebook Event and click “Attend”! Or, reply to this message and notify me that you’ll be attending the event!

Also....

LVPK’s good friend John Douglas, who teaches Parkour in the Bloomsburg area and represents the CCPK Community will also be hosting a “Jam For Japan” event on a different day (April 2nd), so be sure to check out his Facebook event so you can attend that as well, hang out at another spot, meet more people, get more training in, eat more cookies, and make even more of a difference for Japan.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211841865497258

I am truly looking forward to seeing everyone at this Jam! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
-Adam McC
Www.lehighvalleyparkour.com

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
Re: PAPK: Jam for Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
Here is the information for the Columbia County Jam for Japan:

I hereby invite everybody, parkour practitioner or not, to this event on April 2nd at 2pm! This is located in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania at the Town Park on Market Street. The directions are below.

There will be food! There will be activities! There is a playground! There are wide-open fields!

Here is a great chance to learn something new while helping a good cause! You may donate as much as you want to the cause, either by donating here (http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html) or by bringing the gift with you to the jam.

Either way, feel free to join the Columbia County Parkour community to help us show support for our Allies from across the sea!

The coordinates above can be set as a destination with Google Maps. The Town Park in Bloomsburg, PA is located near the intersection of Market Street and Airport Road.

Here is a map of the location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bloomsburg%2C+PA&daddr=40.9905%2C-76.449705&hl=en&geocode=Cb8VRSWZXv0GFbKqcQId3mNx-ylTCFAcf4fFiTHQZE2vrFQcBw%3B&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=18&sll=40.990961%2C-76.449555&sspn=0.002875%2C0.005681&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211841865497258

If you have any questions, send an email to jdg40902@huskies.bloomu.edu
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:47:30 PM by John George "JG" »
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:44:31 AM »
Alright guys! We've got ourselves a large pavilion and the event is riding strong! We have about 80 people confirmed, and the number keeps growing. I'm incredibly excited to see this event expand!

•Urban Current Member

Offline M_Morris

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »
Can't wait to see the turnout for the 23rd!

Offline GeorgePK

• Patas
  • Philadelphia, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
hell yea! LOL so pumped
[My Motivation] is [Fitness], [My Style] is [Silent], [My Shoes] are [Feiyues/Tigers]

Offline Joseph Troy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
anyone carpooling from Philly?
Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Member

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 06:23:05 AM »
Props to everybody who showed up despite the adverse weather! We managed to raise nearly $1000 dollars for the victims of Japan!

•Urban Current Member

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
Sorry me and Max didn't make it down. Hope to train again soon!

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
For sure, brother.

•Urban Current Member