Author Topic: Lazy Turn?  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
Lazy Turn?
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
Has anyone every heard of this vault before. It just looks like a combination of a lazy vault and a turn vault.

It's at 1:07 here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhgIn4iVzg

Any tips on doing it. If so how about teaching it. I have a kid that really wants to learn it and I can't find a good tutorial. (I did teach him a climb up from a cat so he can do that now a lot easier.)

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
Re: Lazy Turn?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:10 PM »
A few pointers:

- Keep your weight centered on your hands as much as you can throughout the movement. The more that you can slow it down and feel the correct movement, the better.
- Train this movement on the ground if at all possible when starting. It's a tricky move, so the chances of messing up at least once are pretty high.
- Try to keep the turn/movement as centered and compact as possible. If you minimize flailing, the movement will be a lot easier.

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »
i find turn vaults lazy enough even on chest high obstacles.

when i occasionally find myself "lazy turn" vaulting its simply a lazy vault that when i land i pivot into facing the obstacle. otherwise, its really about delaying the rotation until the last second.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline nuclearapplepie

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
interesting move maybe i could drill on that while i ball up to learn turn vault on my reverse side. At least with this i dont have to clip and faceplant XD
You know its actually looks easier than an actual turn vault, because its basically a lazy vault with a turn vault end position. So its not actually a turn vault at all.
Besides looking awesome, not sure if its practical though. Turn vault is designed for you to get a vision AND a grip on the other side. With this vault you can't see the drop way until the end, and the grip looks reverse and you could easily lose it. But you can actually goes from a run into this vault, which could be useful if you wanna turn back or something... ??? ???
sorry im just brainstorming my options here ;D ;D Thanks for the vid though, add some more to my parkour encyclopedia

Offline michaelb87

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »
i saw this in a king david video and i learned it that day. its a lot easier than it looks. go into a lazy vault but end in a sitting position on the obstacle, then spin and drop into cat position. thats it.