Author Topic: Help with my Tricks Yet Again  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Sean Boyd

• Mangabey
  • “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    • View Profile
Help with my Tricks Yet Again
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »
I need help on all my tricks in the video, but especially my double full attempts and kicks, which I've never really worked before that much before this session. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Qu9arqPk0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:25:09 AM by Sean Boyd »

Offline MThomasfreerun

• Mangabey
  • We all start with nothing.
    • View Profile
    • MThomasfreerun's Youtube Page
Re: Help with my Tricks Yet Again
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
You've got some crazy air time on your back tumbling. I think these are the issues that are holding you back and are pretty easy to address:

1) Round-offs: Your roundoff technique is inefficient and is making your tumbling a bit sloppy. I'd say shell out the money and take  a couple private lessons to clean up your round off which will make a lot of the tumbling cleaner as well.

2) Arms/Setting:  From your back layouts to your corks and other tricking you pretty much never use your arms for your set. This puts your body out of position, costs you valuable height, and also causes your tricks to be sloppy.  On a back layout your arms should throw towards the ceiling as you go up (shoulder width, basically right by your ears).  Same thing with corks - your arms should lift up instead of being at your sides or pulling immediately to your chest.

3) Flexibility:  A lot of your kicks (including your j-step gainers/kick the moon) appear to be suffering from poor flexibility in your legs. Be sure to spend a lot of time working on legs (Splits) flexibility as well as hips, shoulders, abs and back. This should help open up some of your form which will make the tricks easier.

Best of luck - it looks like a great start so keep trucking!

"Obstacles - I go over, under, right through, around 'em" - Shed Light

www.pkout.com