Author Topic: Rolla Parkour  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
Rolla Parkour
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
     So again another announcement. My friend and I are starting Rolla Parkour.

Rolla Parkour's mission is "To ensure the discipline of Parkour is communicated effectively to the citizens of Rolla and central Missouri and to provide a safe, friendly environment in which to learn."

I felt that with the people in Rolla already "practicing parkour" it was necessary to release early. There is a group of people that Smaran and I met after deciding to start this organization that feel parkour is "all about getting on roofs." I don't believe anyone wants it portrayed that way.

We will be working all week to get our Facebook page how we want it. Expect more news in the coming weeks as well as news of our first Jam by the end of April. If you (is anyone still here?) has any questions or live in the Rolla area and are looking for training partners send me an email at pkwitbrod@gmail.com or visit our facebook page (under construction) at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Rolla-Parkour/169939103036199?sk=info please add us. We appreciate any and all support.

Thanks

Patrick Witbrod
Rolla Parkour Founder       

Offline sam30

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Rolla Parkour
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »
We are planning a jam in Rolla very soon (somewhere in the middle of April). Traceurs of all levels (pros / beginners) and anyone who's interested in earning more about the art of Parkour are welcome to attend this jam. The details of the venue and time will be posted soon. Meanwhile, you can leave a message in this thread if you are interested and we will make sure you get the venue and other details.

Meanwhile, here is an article I recently wrote to emphasize what I think about most of the major youtube videos about Parkou:
http://mominer.mst.edu/2011/03/17/parkour-not-just-what-you-see-on-youtube/

regards,
Smaran
Rolla Parkour founder

Offline Jakwisp

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
Hello,
 I will probably join you guys in the fall when I move up there to start school, if you are still doing it by then. I will try and check this thread more often to see if you guys have anything going on, and I am sorry I missed you when you were in Springfield.

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Sweet good to know. We'll be happy to have you.