Author Topic: Letter To Little Wayne  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Re: Letter To Little Wayne
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
Believe me when I say Ive listened to alot of Lil Wayne,and he has his meaningful songs,but he is fake,everything he raps about that he claims hes done,or he says is true,is almost all BS.
For example,Hes a blood right?
Why did he make a song when he was younger about Carolina blue?If your a true blood,you arennt going to model a whole song arounnd the color blue.Also Birdman is a supposed blood and he throws his red flag on the ground in a video.Lil Wayne is a joke,IMO.
What does that have to do with having good songs or not?

And thanks, Ashy.
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »
Welcome bro. :) Now time to download those songs.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »
Lol, ya. Theres more than that, tho. That was just a few on the top of my mind, some of my favorite at that.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
Mhm.

I found a remix of the song 'Tie My Hands'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQ36zkyQVw

I liked it but didn't really listen to the lyrics...
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline AustinL

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »
It matters because if the stuff hes saying isnt real,then it has no meaning what so ever to me.
And thats why I personally dont like his music,but again,its just my opinion.
You only live once...

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
It matters because if the stuff hes saying isnt real,then it has no meaning what so ever to me.

Mhm true.

wlf

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
No offense to anyone here at all i get what you guys are trying to say. the music industries response will most likely be this however:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQl8DwKwJU

...in advance this had to be done.

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 03:30:05 AM »
He DOES mean what he's saying. Why else would he write those songs, especially Tie Me Down.

My Youtube(:

wlf

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:02 AM »
He DOES mean what he's saying. Why else would he write those songs, especially Tie Me Down.
...no he doesnt. its music that it. Eminem isn't really going to kill his ex but he made this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tlPgLPdV8  its just music, songs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6c3n_ZQ5o songs like that mean stuff, music isnt the person its their alter ego or way of cooping.

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
I hate it when people are cooping???  Like chickens? ;)

Oh, coping.  I see.  Well, if it doesn't hit somewhere from deep inside the human experience, then it doesn't really classify as art.  The reason that songs mean ANYTHING to the listener, then it's because they can relate an emotion or experience to them.  If they DON'T mean what they are saying, then why say it?  I figure that Mr. Wayne must mean (at some level) what is being said, even if he's just trying to make some form of metaphorical statement.  (I doubt that he uses this much thought, but, I've been surprised before.)  Perhaps in an age of feminization, he's speaking out the the defined differences between genders and trying to reassert masculinity in some kind of warped frame of chauvinism.  Perhaps he's hoping to play the anti-hero so that we have a spring board to jump off of and say, "No, that's not right!  I am in search of a meaningful relationship, not abusive barbarism."

Or perhaps he's simply insecure about issues the arose from a lack of a father figure in his life, and is trying to assert his male persona in song as a way to say, "I too am a man, like the one who fathered me!  Please realize that I don't need love, for it is something I've never had."

I doubt he's really thought that much about it, and probably just does it so that guys who are angry at having their feelings hurt will buy his albums, but I don't think that someone can call themselves an artist unless they put a "little piece of their soul" into every work that they put out.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

wlf

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:08 AM »
I hate it when people are cooping???  Like chickens?
not a good day to do that.

classify as art
No. there is no such thing. art has no rules no master no guards no boundaries. thats what makes it art. no one can say "oh this isnt art" or "He didnt do that so it isnt."  Art is a language with no grammar no dialects nothing, you can not restrict it touch it control it influence it. its art.

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »
I'll agree with that.  Art really can't be controlled, and shouldn't be.  Really, all you need is a passionate creator, and someone who appreciates their work.  I remove my statement. 

I will say that I still think that someone must feel something in order to create a work of any kind.  Otherwise, why bother?
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »

Oh no, he doesn't write his lyrics. He's too good for that.
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2009/01/lil-wayne-the-uncut-qa.html

"'What about your songs. You never write them down?
I just say it. Say it when it gets in my head, the beat. Whatever comes in my mind at that moment.

So it’s always spontaneous?
Of course. I believe anything other than that—then why go buy it? Then you could do it, she could do it.

I couldn’t do it even if I wrote it down.
But you could read what’s on the paper, right? So basically anybody that could read could recite it. That takes something away from it. But if I walk up to a guy and say “Rap for me,” he’s going to say something. His characteristics or whatever. I’m going to get what I love about him, just from his presence. That’s why you never saw me rap no TV shows. Other rappers be having to rap after an interview. So can you spit something for us? They never ask me to do that because the interview is so compelling that they actually got Lil Wayne.

I always tell somebody that’s why I am good, that’s why I’m okay, because I’m being me, I’m doing me. Now the day I gotta write stuff down—no one can believe what’s written down. Perfect example: If I was a bum and I told you I had a mansion around the corner and three Bentleys and twenty-eight bitches in my house butt naked waiting for me, you wouldn’t believe me. I’d say you stink, say Get out my face, give him $100, and say Get the f#ck.

But if there was a book that said, there was this bum with a mansion with twenty bitches in it, you’ll try to use it and put it toward real life. That’s why I don’t write nothing down. That’s why I don’t believe the Bible, nothing that’s written, because nothing that’s written is to be believed.'

End Interview

Okay, now clearly that was horribly stupid in it's own right. To claim that lyrics that aren't written down aren't worth anything is to dismiss all the lyrics by Smokey Robinson (The Temptations among other Motown greats), Tupac Shakur (Brenda's Got a Baby, Dear Mama, Changes, Keep Your Head Up), Rakim, etc."

The last paragraph is what my friend Ace wrote about what he had to say. Lil Wayne is a chump.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:48:20 AM by David Jones »

wlf

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 09:14:53 AM »
I will say that I still think that someone must feel something in order to create a work of any kind.  Otherwise, why bother?
That i agree with, and rappers do put passion behind it, look at Eminem's life story he uses rap to vent and uses it as a shield. Little wayne probably has a similar story they have passion in what they do they just want to do it that way.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
This better of been a troll Josh, if not; I'm disappointed.

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
That i agree with, and rappers do put passion behind it, look at Eminem's life story he uses rap to vent and uses it as a shield. Little wayne probably has a similar story they have passion in what they do they just want to do it that way.
Therefore he means what he says. It doesn't have to be EVERY song. Every rapper has silly songs now and then. And by silly I mean stupid. All the songs I listed earlier...passion, deep meaningful passion. You can tell when he's taking it seriously, and when he's putting emotion behind it.

Micah, no, its not a little trolling session going on.

My Youtube(:

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile

My Youtube(:

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
Sometimes, I just listen to the song, without psychoanalyzing the lyrics...
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

wlf

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
Sometimes, I just listen to the song, without psychoanalyzing the lyrics...
Ditto