Author Topic: Great recipe's (some vegetarian)  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Great recipe's (some vegetarian)
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
I want to help a lot of the vegetarians on here find ways to keep healthy while maintaining the lifestyle that they want.     And to give some delicious recipe's for everyone!!!    :)

firstly i would like to post some articles and lists to help you get your own recipe's going. 

List of foods and their protein content.   (note i do not know the absorption rate for each, however i know that wheat is fairly good)
http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/high-protein-foods.html

Articles from vegan bodybuilders and coaches on how they manage and thrive whilst maintaining their beliefs.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=vegetarians
(note i have not read all of these articles but i have read a few and skimmed most.  I'm not standing behind these as sure fire methods for everybody, just offering help)

I hope those help and I understand a lot of this will be criticized and I just hope it constructive criticism.
Feel free to offer your own recipe's here as well.  :).

#1.Tonight I made this into a burrito.   (not vegetarian but can be modified)
Stir fried in extra virgin olive oil.

1 tomato
1 green bell pepper
1/2 onion
an actual hand full roast beef.
1 egg.

constant stiffing until all vegetables are cooked

also seasoning was added while stiring.

1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (ground)
1 tablespoon of chili powder
dash of ground black pepper.

Can be put on bread, burrito shell, or in a bowl!   however you like,   I'm just giving you the insides you get creative with the outside.

#2. Ate straight out of the bowl  (vegetarian)
also stir fried

1 tomato
2 potatoes
1 onion
1 green bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 egg

i didn't add any seasoning to this
it was great!  :)  i ate most of it before i could put it in a bowl.  :P

This is all i have so far because i'm actually making these and trying them.  :)  and i really really really like stir frying things,   its easy to do for even the worst of cooks  :).  and don't worry i make much much more diverse things as well, and hopefully i will have them listed as which contain more protein and what not.     So far the main protein source is the egg, and im hoping i can make a vegan dish full of protein soon.   gotta make a trip to kroger.   :)   

Also!   dish in theory that is just going to be great i think is lean grilled chicken breast marinated in suracha sauce.  (don't know the spelling, its a japanese super hot sause, great on sushi and sashimi)   and dipped in a suracha sauce mixed with wasabi.   :)    hope i don't loose my toungue!
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
Re: Great recipe's (some vegetarian)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
The biological value of Wheat is 44, which is horrible in comparison to eggs which are listed at 100. Anecdotally, the main protein in wheat is gluten and it's becoming ever more apparent to me, through interaction and experimentation with my clients, that many people are gluten intolerant (though symptoms are not severe enough to be considered celiac).

Wheat is not a vessel for protein and in almost all cases, should not be present in significant quantities in one's diet.

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
thank you very much for that, i was mainly thinking on the lines of Whey protein which i forgot to mention.
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:44:03 AM »
Casey, I think you're thinking of sriracha sauce.. which is Thai, not Japanese.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
YEAH! thats it!   its amazing!     and cool i never knew it was thai,   I always get it from japanese restaurants serve it to me when i ask for the hottest sauce they have    :)    thank you though   
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 03:48:59 PM »
Sriracha is also the hottest sauce they have because Japanese people dont' actually eat a lot of spicy food.

My family goes through about four bottles of Sriracha a week.. and.. well, it's not that spicy compared to some other stuff.  Just tastes really good.  Hang out with me sometime (when're you making your trip up!?), and I'll show you a world of hurt in oh-so many ways.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
YAY!   I love spicy foods!!!!!  and will do for sure mate!     Im definitely coming to the Tech Jam if they're having it again.       But yeah,   I'm also hoping to make a trip up to the new gym sometime.    But alas, I being a poor college student working 6 days a week makes little to no money   :P.
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Evembee

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 03:59:53 AM »
I love spicy food. I love Mexican and Indian food because of spicy and of course it is very yummy. I am looking for the grilled chicken recipe which I can make on gas grills. I have bought it online after seen its BestGrillReviews in different website. But I have never used it before and I want to try it now. So, I am looking for the grilled chicken recipe online. Can anyone help me please?