Author Topic: Cooking out of the kitchen?  (Read 879 times)

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
Cooking out of the kitchen?
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »
Okay so say I'm at a hotel that doesn't have a microwave or stove or anything, or I'm backpacking for a week or so (not that  can in my current location) how would I cook? I can get fruits, veggies, and nuts but would give me the vitamins and all those fancy nutrient words I need? Or do I have to get meats into the mix (like chicken for protein? or eggs for um... protein? I'm not very knowledgeable in this stuff)? As for juices I can carry a small hand held squeezer for oranges. I would also obviously carry a couple of liters of water minimum. It's just the cooking that has me baffled.

I was thinking that having a portable stove thingy used in camping would work but most I've seen are 25#+ and take up a lot of space.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking out of the kitchen?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »
Well, the easiest way would to go to a meat processor and pick up a 5-7 pound bag of jerky (depending on how long you would be out, make sure no unnecessary preservatives are added) and that would be your source of meat. Other than that just eat raw nuts, fruits (raw or dried with no unnecessary preservatives), and vegetables if you can get them.   
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Evembee

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking out of the kitchen?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:09:35 AM »
If you want to take beat taste of you chicken,mutton or whatever you like you should eat it by grill and for grilling the best utensil is gas grill and if your are looking for a grill at cheap price you can get it from here and you will get best gas grills under $400 because I am using this grill from much time and I love it.