Author Topic: -New- Parkour Classes in Lehigh Valley  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
-New- Parkour Classes in Lehigh Valley
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »
Hello all,

Just a quick notification that a new system of classes has been set up!

Lehigh Valley Parkour has been teaching classes out of Parkettes Gymnastics Center for a couple of years now, and they have unfortunately been cancelled, recently. However, this is a great opportunity for the community to expand. Stepping out of the gym and into the real, natural environment is only going to take the classes in a better direction.

The new classes are for individuals of any skill level, whether beginner or advanced practitioner. If you're interested in these classes, please contact me! Below is my information. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and help you get started with your training!

-Adam McC

(484) 550-8719
adam@lehighvalleyparkour.com

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline GeorgePK

• Patas
  • Philadelphia, PA
    • View Profile
Re: -New- Parkour Classes in Lehigh Valley
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
This is gonna be great! I'm mad about the loss of Parkettes. That was a very useful location to do almost everything.  However, knowing Adam since I started parkour, I have to say I'm looking forward to these natural classes.

I'm gettin' a little sappy here when I say Adam's classes were what directed me towards the love I have for parkour now.  I still remember the first seminar I went to. I literally knew nothing about the discipline itself. Got most of my techniques from videos (UrbanCurrent).  One session with him and it all changed. The dude's got great teaching styles that combine technique training and instruction with the philosophy behind the discipline.  Just hearing what parkour was all about made me love it even more.

I highly suggest attending these classes whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or even advanced. I'm not trying to toot my own horn saying I'm amazing or anything. I'm an experienced traceur with a little less than 2 years under my belt.  I've learned a lot from Adam as well as others and still do. Just have an open mind and try it out. What've you got to lose?
[My Motivation] is [Fitness], [My Style] is [Silent], [My Shoes] are [Feiyues/Tigers]

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
A whole new vision! A whole new opportunity!

I've experienced a promo of this class first-hand. I will testify now that it offers MUCH more than Parkettes ever could.

This is a good thing, Adam!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:19:02 PM by John George "JG" »
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline Hannah L

• Patas
  • "It's not an obstacle; It's an OPPORTUNITY."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
I'm excited for you, Adam!

As sad as it is to not have a gym that embraces parkour, it becomes a catalyst for us to make an opportunity from what initially appears to be an obstacle. While I enjoyed training in parkettes, I do agree that this is a good thing, and will strengthen and improve the traceurs/traceuses of the LVPK community.

I've trained with Adam since practically the beginning of the LVPK community, and he's a great teacher-this change in location/structure can only be for the best.

I can't wait for my arm to heal so I can come train with y'all again!

For what it's worth. ;)
*Lehigh Valley Parkour (LVPK) member*
*Columbia County Parkour-Bloomsburg University*
*Annoyingly Persistent Traceuse Recruiter*
*Parkour Evangelist*
*Outspokenly Feminist Traceuse*
(In Recovery)

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
Good to hear that you're taking the cancellation from Parkettes in stride, Adam, and I'm glad you and Andy are making this into more of a positive thing than a negative. Can't wait to get back home so that I can go to some of the classes in Lehigh and in Lancaster!