Author Topic: Leaders Unite-Introduce Yourselves.  (Read 26318 times)

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
Re: Leaders Unite-Introduce Yourselves.
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Woop! Forgot to throw in my website. www.lehighvalleyparkour.com. Y'all can delete this post after you put up the site.

(+10 pushups anyways)

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline OPSLORUNNER

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
Hi, i'm Orion from Paso Robles CA. I've been training PK&FR spacific for 4 years now. I am the Y (YMCA) gymnastics & acrobatics director in Paso Robles. I am working on getting the Y to sponsor juniors parkour & freerunning comatitions. We have classes connected with the local homework clubs so that the kids attending after school homework club get 2 free 1 hour classes, their grades improve and they get in shape by means of parkour....Win-win!
I'm also in the process of starting "slorunner freerunning", a parkour & freerunning group sentered around youth fitness, safety, training for longevity, and general PK&FR promotion.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:12:26 AM by Alec Furtado »
FREERUNNING TILL OLD AGE

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 06:35:31 PM »
Patrick Witbrod- Rolla Mo parkour.

I've been training consistently for 2 years on and off for around 3 or 4 years. I and Smaran founded Rolla parkour. A group that I hope will be able to fix stereotypes floating about campus started by the people that practiced there for months without my knowledge.

The're good people but they are gonna get people hurt. I'm working with there leader now and he agrees with me. So we're off to a good start. When they merge with us it will be about 15 people on a regular basis. Smaran, Bobby (the other leader) and I will be the only parkour teachers. The other people are mostly trickers that want to learn or people who have no experience what so ever.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rolla-Parkour/169939103036199

Any questions or advice (pertaining to this post or my community) feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:41:10 PM by Patrick Witbrod »

Offline aerosfcity

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Demo.
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Connections
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »
Hi i'm Aero. Fewer know me as Ryan Fulmer. Been part of the San Francisco scenes since 2007.  Area Rep for SFPK.

I started the first SFPK Monthly Jams almost 4 years ago.  I was part of the founding BAPK group while I lived in the city.  Been coaching about 3 years in different programs since being handed my first class from Chris 'Kaos' Levesque from PKNA(<-before it ate itself).  I've been running the parkour program at Crossfit Marin for 2 years and have grown it to 4+ classes 7 days a week. 

The LETHALbeef and I started www.facebook.com/ParkourConnections in October 2010 to bring legitimate instruction and exposure to the discipline (aka insurance ;)).  We have been putting on demonstrations and workshops at local community events and schools since.  My dream when I first started parkour was to do a school assembly for elementary school children, right before recess.   Its been an awesome experience.

My latest obsession is traveling to the homes of other community leaders around the nation to see how all the different local groups function and exist. Really gives perspective on my own group and how we can improve or how to work through similar problems that have existed in almost every community.

If anybody out there ever wants to come visit the SFPK group or talk technique/conditioning or just talk ideas just shoot me an email Aero@parkourconnections.com

Alec have you ever trained with SFPK???  It looks like you are up in our area, Mattastic's SJPK atleast, so get out to a Monthly or come help coach The Beginner Class next monthhttp://www.sfparkour.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61333#post61333!!

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »
Awesome Pat!

Hey Ryan. Kind of. I did attend the jams where Dan Edwardes did a session but nothing other than that with SFPK. The reason why this is happening now is that a lot of things are coming together in my life and I'm able to start restructuring it quite a bit. I was pretty inactive in parkour for a while for various reasons. Still training a little bit of this and that. I'm super excited these next few months, weeks even, to really get the ball rolling and accomplish what I've been seeking to do for years now.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »
Philadelphia PA, reporting in.

Offline lethalbeef

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Whoops, I guess I spend so much time working on local community stuff that I don't come on APK enough to see what's new going on. And Brett often has everything covered in terms of connecting with the wider national community...

In any case, I'm Albert Kong, AKA lethalbeef, currently an admin of SFParkour.com, formerly Area Representative for East Bay, even more formerly a local leader in San Diego PK with Lonnie when it was still part of PKCali. I run a weekly training session at UC Berkeley, organize the facebook group (Cal Parkour AKA Berkeley Parkour Collective), doing my best to create new leaders in that session, and participating in SFPK events. Several of us here are also working on building the new teaching programs, etc.

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to being more involved in this board and APK in general.

Email: akong@sfparkour.com || Website: www.lethalbeef.com
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:23:02 AM by lethalbeef »

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
Hey I'm Jeremy, I'm located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. It's pretty much on the border of Illinois, and I have been training for 3 years now. I've been working on expanding the Kenosha scene for a while now. I'm all lonely over here, being so far away from Madison and without a car! D:
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline mortal

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Always looking for more Phoenix Metro traceurs.
    • View Profile
    • PhoenixParkour
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
My name is Ryan, I train with anyone that wants to in the Phoenix Metroplex and I'm starting to organize meetups in both the East Valley and Chandler/Ahwatukee area via my website.
The idea is for anyone of different training regiments to come out, share technique and then play some tag.
Thanks
Will play Extreme Games of Tag for Phoenix Parkour

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 10:27:24 AM »
Awesome guys! Glad to see this list building!!
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
Ryan Sannar from Utah.
Just got added as an admin to the forums for the Utah board.
Utah is full of hundreds of tiny groups. Working on getting them all together and united. Also in the process of opening a gym.
www.jumputah.com please forgive the website, currently redesigning it to actually look professional.

Glad to be a part of all this

EDIT: My email is ryan@jumputah.com
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:08:12 AM by Ryan Sannar »
10 push ups.

Offline Hersh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »
Hey everybody! My name is Kyle Hershberger and i started the small but growing community in warren, oh. Ive been teaching anybody that is willing to learn for about a year now. Parkour id a rare thing to see and its a shame, which is why i jump on the chance to teach people everything i know. I will be in kent, ohio during fall and spring and am lookin to start a community there also.
If you would like to contact me, just message me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Kylehersh38
Looking to get more people into this amazing lifestyle

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:06 AM »
If you could update, our group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/philadelphiapk/

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »
Please edit list to include

TEXAS
Texas Parkour Inc.
texasparkour@gmail.com
830-377-1897

INTERNATIONAL
Parkour Federation Inc.
info@parkourfederation.org
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:09 PM »
Kyle Reiniger Here. Running A group of Free Running/Parkour In Arizona.

Hey Kyle! We should chat!

My name is Ian from Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I am one of 2 community leaders here in my fair city. I work at two gyms teaching our city's youth the fundamentals of parkour, I am part of Team Aurora, and I run our city's community FB group Unified Havasu Parkour. I also put together weekend jams for everyone as well as plan fun get together to introduce all the new folks to the more experienced.

I have been practicing parkour for 8 months

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »
This is a Document that we created off of the Parkour.com group.  Enjoy!  However, you have to SEARCH for emails.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlOp_D1mc_TOdDF0cnJYOFlWemx4NS1LbDVvT1I0ZWc&hl=en_US
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
This is a Document that we created off of the Parkour.com group.  Enjoy!  However, you have to SEARCH for emails.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlOp_D1mc_TOdDF0cnJYOFlWemx4NS1LbDVvT1I0ZWc&hl=en_US

Helpful list. Thanks.

Offline Alex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Central Valley Parkour
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Visalia, CA checking in.

My name's Alex Jolly and I'm one of the two that run the Central Valley Parkour group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/214089668616685/) and page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Valley-Parkour/108184775957214)  on Facebook and am currently in the process of creating our own website. I am the go-to guy for information regarding the goings-on from Bakersfield to Fresno. I'm also responsible for setting up any training sessions or planning large jams between the cities. I teach a weekly parkour class that I started at our local gymnastics center and will be starting up a free outdoor class once I get some portable trainers built.
Alex Jolly
Visalia, CA
559-679-9597 (Text is fine)
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/Jolly0428
If you're near let's train!
Facebook Group: Central Valley Parkour

Offline Aaron Vaughn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Hi, my names Aaron Vaughn. I recently started Parkour Dayton (Dayton, OH) and have been training for about 2 and a half years

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 09:18:47 PM »
A tiny update;

Moved to St. George, Utah and am working with a few guys from here to help build up the community more in the St. George area.