Author Topic: Night handstands  (Read 523 times)

tumadre

Night handstands
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
Hey guys, i was bored this night, so i decided to practice some handstands.
I know im not really good but Im practicing a lot this days, so thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66BEMQQWpI

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Night handstands
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
Nice work, I couldn't really see the angle of your back, but make sure its not arching heavily. You can fix this by looking through your arms a little more and tightening your core a little bit. If you feel yourself losing balance try some of the things explained in this article http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/33

Oh and just giving you a heads up, you might want to change your avatar. It could see as offensive which is against forum rules.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:06:19 PM by Grayson »
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »
You should try to keep your head looking straight forward. At first it will be strange and you'll lose a little bit of time, but it'll help as soon as you get used to it
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

tumadre

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:54:49 AM »
Nice work, I couldn't really see the angle of your back, but make sure its not arching heavily. You can fix this by looking through your arms a little more and tightening your core a little bit. If you feel yourself losing balance try some of the things explained in this article http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/33

Oh and just giving you a heads up, you might want to change your avatar. It could see as offensive which is against forum rules.

but i saw some of your handstands videos and how can you stay so much time without moving your hands?
I read the article two days a go but it didnt realy help me.
Any special training?

about avatar, do you think is really ofensive? i thought it was "funny". well i will change it

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
but i saw some of your handstands videos and how can you stay so much time without moving your hands?
I read the article two days a go but it didnt realy help me.
Any special training?

about avatar, do you think is really ofensive? i thought it was "funny". well i will change it

Just by what was in the article, when I first started doing handstands (and even sometimes now) I dip my arms to keep my weight forward if I am underbalanced and if I felt I was falling backwards flex my abs and push on the front of my palm as hard as I can. I'm kind of a natural and hand balancing so I don't do anything except constantly train handstands.

And its not offensive to me, but it could be to other people.
I eat a lot of food.