Author Topic: Brand New to this Parkour Thing...  (Read 523 times)

Offline Advntrgrl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Brand New to this Parkour Thing...
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »
Hey All...I'm totally new to Parkour.  I've been interested in it for some time, and now my body is ready to attempt this.  =)
I'm in the Philadelphia area and training for the Metrodash.  Anyone else around here that wants to show a newbie a few things?

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
Re: Brand New to this Parkour Thing...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
Hey! First of all, welcome to the forum :) My name's Jordan, I'm one of the forum's ambassadors, and I'm more than willing to answer any and all of your questions. Glad you joined us!

I know of several people who are very active in the Philly area (being from Lancaster myself), so there is a great community there, and definitely people that would be interested in helping you out. Check out the Pennsylvania Subforum or more specifically the Philadelphia Subforum to find people nearby who are interested in helping you get started/meeting up and training with you.

Other than that, feel free to have a look around the site and post wherever you'd like! You may want to check out the General Fitness board for questions about training for the Metrodash, there will definitely be some guys there that have experience in that sort of thing, and the moderators there know more than you can imagine about the correct way of training the body.

On behalf of APK, welcome to our community, and we look forward to seeing you around! Feel free to send me a Personal Message if you have any further questions :) (you do that by clicking the little IM button underneath my account name)

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
Re: Brand New to this Parkour Thing...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:20:58 PM »
Jordan's already hit the big topics, but if you're looking for some quick FAQs check out our FAQ for some of the more basic questions.  Fill in what your specific goals are and feel free to ask questions if you have them.  There's a ton of info out there, and we're all more than glad to help direct you to exactly who has the answers to your questions.  Feel free to PM me or Jordan with any specifics that you have. :)
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.