Author Topic: New Jersey Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!  (Read 17819 times)

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
New Jersey Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« on: January 21, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »
Welcome to the New Jersey forums on APK! Say hi in here and let us know a little about yourself - where you're from, how long training or just getting started, and when you generally train so other people can join up with you!

Offline The Insomniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New Jersey Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »
Hey guys. My name is Alex, and I'm from Haledon (if you don't know where that is, it's near the paterson/wayne area) My friend Ryan and I have been starting a small parkour group. I'm very new to this, but Ryan is the experienced one. We haven't gotten a chance to practice due to snow, but when the weather lifts up, maybe we'll finally post some videos lol Right now the only place we can train (that's nearby) is at William Paterson University, but if we find any other places around here, I'll let everyone know :D

Offline traceurEndurance

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
hey my names pete i live in bloomfield  i started training 2 years ago i train all the time so catch me when ever

Offline Daniel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
Hey whats up everyone, my name in Dan and im from west new york. I just started about 4 months ago, i got into parkour because of ninja warrior. I train whenever I get the time to generally in parks around the area. so if you live in or around the area of west new york and see a crazy white guy jumping around it is probably me. LOL

Offline thiagohf113

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »
Hey, my name's Thiago. I'm 16 years old, from Lyndhurst in Southern Bergen County. I'm just getting started with PK. Just getting started with the basics right now, but I generally like to go to the Town Hall Park or by the river to run around or something.

Offline Daniel Riker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:15:15 AM »
Hey everyone,

My name is Daniel Riker; I’m 25 yrs old living in the Hudson County area. I have not been practicing parkour for very long; However, I have been training for a couple of years in many unconventional ways of working out. If you would like to build more strength and endurance, I will be holding free classes for people who are in or around the Hudson County area. It does not matter what skill level you are anyone can participate, so If anyone is interested you can contact me at PurStrengthXeroFX@gmail.com or on Facebook at WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PurStrengthXeroFX

Offline Justin Janus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
Hey, im Justin and i live in Jackson (like 15 minutes from Great Adventure) anybody know where i can learn parkour near me??????????

Offline Zachary Schile

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »
Hello i'm Zachary Schile I'm from summerset county in bound brook and Dunellen because my parents are divorced next thing is I'm i would like to say average but in recent light I'm probably a beginner i can do the lazy vault and the kong vault and a number of basic moves but the move i really want to learn is the wall flip and wall run 
gravity? screw gravity I'm a traceur

Offline Harrison Vener

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »
Hello, I'm Harry Vener (Veh-ner). I'm from Morris County. I started in about February and am of medium skill. I used to be very afraid of doing anything similar to gymnastics, but once I saw parkour in a video I knew I had to do it. I taught myself how to roll in February, and in March started taking lessons at a local gymnastics place. I work on getting the movement down in the gym, and then I try doing them outside.

Offline Timothy T. Pierce

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »
HI I'm Tim. I'm Union County. I gernerally train at Battery Park in NYC or at the university and college campuses in Newark, NJ (Essex County Community College, Rutgers Newark, and NJIT).

The Campuses Are amazing! They could be for Jersey What Battery is for NYC.

GO CHECK THEM OUT PEOPLE!!!

Offline Patty Craig

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
Hello Folks,

My name is Dave. I am 22 and am just getting into parkour and freerunning. As of right now because of the cold I am mostly doing indoor conditioning but I look forward to getting out there and traversing. I live in Dumont, Bergen County, and am looking for some friendly people who I could train with. I look forward to getting to know the NJ parkour community. See you in the streets.

Offline Hudifah Rabie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
Hello,

I am Hudifah, and I live in clifton, passaic country. Im 20 and really new to parkour. I just run around when i have time and try to condition for now. See you guys around

Offline Dan Gallant

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
Hey!  My name is Dan I'm 30 from South Amboy, NJ.  I am brand new to this and looking for people around me to try to train with.  I used be in martial arts and have been to the Olympics (2004 Bronze Medal).  The big thing for me is I need something fun to motivate me back into shape and this feels like something I can and want to do.  So if you have any suggestions or are in my area let me know.

Cheers,
Dan

Offline Caitlin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Syracuse Parkour
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:38 AM »
Dan - Check out the rutgers community, they're very active.

Offline Jesse Sedaka

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 05:14:27 AM »
Jesse - I work in newark, live in bergen county. Just a beginner, but have good footwork and balance. Looking to meet up with some more experienced people and learn. Please message me if you are in the area and looking to take on an apprentice!

Offline Michael

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
Hey there everyone my name is Michael i live in paterson and me and a couple friends started a parkour group recently but just lost the place we used to go to (due to it being private property) and we're currently looking for a place that is a cool place and the owners dont mind us on it doing what we do. We also are looking to be a bigger group and expand our parour abilities so if any of you are interested then just hmu!

Offline Joseph DeNise

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 03:54:25 AM »
names Joe, I'm an old man(34) who lives in Toms River NJ. I'm interested in learning PK as both a physical and mental aspect of a healthy life.. plus it's just damn fun.

I'm looking for a community in NJ, and it seems hard to find. I created a meetup and a facebook page called " Ocean County Parkour" in an attempt to build a community here at the shore.

http://www.meetup.com/Ocean-County-Parkour/

https://www.facebook.com/OceanCountyParkour
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:59:24 AM by Joseph DeNise »

Offline J. Gabriel Alvarez Manilla

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
What's up, I'm Gabe. I've been training for a while (since about 2007?), and I'm not exactly new to the APK forums, but I thought I'd leave a footprint for those in the Middlesex area to follow.

Myself and several others train in the New Brunswick/Edison area as Rutgers Parkour. We have weekly trainings every Sunday, rain or shine (even if I'm the only one out). We meet in front of the Rutgers Student Center (126 College Ave, New Brunswick NJ) at 1pm; I usually leave after 15 minutes, so don't be late unless you have one of our phone #'s. I plan on being a student at RU until May 2015, so this shouldn't change at least for a while, the only time one should bother to check about training is around summer and winter breaks, as well as spring break and thanksgiving, since most everyone goes home during that time.

None of us really frequent these forums much, so I recommend one find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rutgerspk and like the page, where one will be better able to get a grasp of where everything is at. We also have an email that we rarely check: rutgerspk@gmail.com.

If you're wondering about the other Rutgers Campuses, I know there are a couple of people who train in the one in Newark, and I've heard of some who train in Camden, but I don't know much more than that.

Anyways, so if you're looking for people to train with, don't be a stranger and come out to sunday trainings or something.
The Great Way is universal,
it can apply to the left or the right.
All beings depend on it for life,
and it does not refuse.

Offline Eric R Rossi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
Well hello fellow Traceurs.

Anyone up in the essex county area???  My name is Eric, I'm from Vernon and attend Montclair State University and just started The Montclair State University Parkour Club! :D We do not have a set training schedual yet but we are always training and looking for people to train with. Definately dont hesitate to hit me up if you wanna join the fun and meet up for some training.

This is our group page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/groups/msutraceurs/permalink/506793489369112/?notif_t=like#!/groups/msutraceurs/

Keep on training and,
Live In the Motion ;]
>>>===Live In The Motion====>

Offline Dakota Wharton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
Hi im Dakota and I'm from bergen county about a mile from NY, I am relatively new to parkour/free running, and would love to train with anyone ever experienced or not i just wanna get out there and learn. i am really exercising A LOT so i need to get my teqnique down but its hard alone so i can only really do rolls.