Author Topic: APK Forum Ambassador Program  (Read 29492 times)

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
Re: APK Forum Ambassador Program
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:22 AM »
Nick Smith is an Ambassador...?

I quit APK again. He has no idea what he's talking about. Ever.
Lmao, oh the good ol' days.

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »
I've changed.
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
Since when do ambassadors need to know stuff?   :-Sarcasm

Nick stepped up and helped me welcome a ton of new faces when I was covered up with GenFit, my own training, etc.  To that, I say "thanks Nick."

Edit:  I thought that I'd throw out the great "Catch 22" to APK Staffing in general.  To excel at the training itself, you must be ridiculously dedicated to improving physically.  The counter-part to that is that there is also a need for taking the time to sit behind a computer to share information about the process.  These things are not really complementary, and so many of us have to set apart time during the day to help others who are beginning a journey into the things that we'd rather be doing with our time.  Caring about sharing the art is really the only reason that any of us should be here.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:45:09 AM by Joe Brock »
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
Edit:  I thought that I'd throw out the great "Catch 22" to APK Staffing in general.  To excel at the training itself, you must be ridiculously dedicated to improving physically.  The counter-part to that is that there is also a need for taking the time to sit behind a computer to share information about the process.  These things are not really complementary, and so many of us have to set apart time during the day to help others who are beginning a journey into the things that we'd rather be doing with our time.  Caring about sharing the art is really the only reason that any of us should be here.

Me gusta

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
So, I meet all those requirements; what do?

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
Just be happy for him, brother. I'm sure you'd eventually get your chance to be an ambassador. Why argue over it? Its only 3 months =P

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »
Just be happy for him, brother. I'm sure you'd eventually get your chance to be an ambassador. Why argue over it? Its only 3 months =P
Not arguing, just if that's the criteria for it; it's kind of shitty criteria. Since just about everyone here does that.

:shrugs:

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
Not arguing, just if that's the criteria for it; it's kind of shitty criteria. Since just about everyone here does that.

:shrugs:

ah.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2011, 05:41:06 AM »
ah.
I'm going to try not to get into it; pointless for the fact my posts would either be removed, or the thread would be locked.

'Grats to  the two who got the position (Sara and Sky).

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »
So, I meet all those requirements; what do?

I am not saying that this is the criteria, just an interesting issue with staffing.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
Nick Smith is an Ambassador...?

I quit APK again. He has no idea what he's talking about. Ever.

So you think he's not qualified? Oh well, because we think he is.

My journey on apk started almost two years ago, and that's about when my training started too. After 4 months of really posting on here I was promoted to Global Moderator. I wasn't ready for this, but I got the job none the less. And about 4 months after that, I got Administrator. I wasn't ready for this either. But I've learned on the job, and I personally don't think I've screwed to much up (others might argure :P ).

Nick has been training for almost as long as me, if I can be Admin, he sure as heck can do the simple job of welcoming people to this site.

I'd also like to let you guys in on how we choose people for the job. They have to have three things- Passion, drive, and a visible commitment to the site. Those three criteria are a choice by the individual, knowledge of parkour and how the site works can be taught. The three members we chose met all of our criteria, therefore they qualify for the job.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:47:04 AM by Stevie Leifheit »
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »
I'd also like to let you guys in on how we choose people for the job. They have to have three things- Passion, drive, and a visible commitment to the site. Those three criteria are a choice by the individual, knowledge of parkour and how the site works can be taught. The three members we chose met all of our criteria, therefore they they qualify for the job.

Pretty straightforward requirements! Fingers crossed for next time. =P

Thanks, d00000000ds.

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
In addition to what Steve said, if you have personal complaints against the decisions made by the staff, feel free to send us personal messages to voice your complaints, but please try to refrain from publicly declaring who you think is and isn't worthy of certain responsibilities.

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
In addition to what Steve said, if you have personal complaints against the decisions made by the staff, feel free to send us personal messages to voice your complaints, but please try to refrain from publicly declaring who you think is and isn't worthy of certain responsibilities.

Yes, great point Jordan. Thanks for adding that!
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »

So you think he's not qualified? Oh well, because we think he is.

My journey on apk started almost two years ago, and that's about when my training started too. After 4 months of really posting on here I was promoted to Global Moderator. I wasn't ready for this, but I got the job none the less. And about 4 months after that, I got Administrator. I wasn't ready for this either. But I've learned on the job, and I personally don't think I've screwed to much up (others might argure :P ).

Nick has been training for almost as long as me, if I can be Admin, he sure as heck can do the simple job of welcoming people to this site.

I sent Joe a facebook message which pretty much summed up my views; however if you'd like me to personally poke holes in your specific arguments, feel free to message me as well ^.^
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »
I'm so hated.  :P
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »
I sent Joe a facebook message which pretty much summed up my views; however if you'd like me to personally poke holes in your specific arguments, feel free to message me as well ^.^

Nah, this subject needs to be dropped.  Stevie/Jordan, if you guys would like, I can forward you the message.  On the other hand, I don't see how it will change anything.

Offline Sarai Brock

• PREGGERZ!
  • Ambassador
  • Patas
  • Life is a fairytale touched by the hand of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

Haters gonna hate g.....

PS.  I don't know you well enough to hate you.... I'll let you know in the future if I think you're hateable... ;)
Because that's the way I tuck and roll...

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
Haha alright sounds good.
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2011, 02:23:24 AM »

If it makes you feel any better I only hate you a little.

Jk! haha