Author Topic: Flow Month September  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Jacquis "Curfew"

• Mangabey
  • CSRD patient
    • View Profile
Flow Month September
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »
So lately me and the guys i train with have gotten into the bad habit of training virtually only single flips and movements. We were forgetting how to play in other words, so we decided to deem September in Cookeville, Tennessee "Flow Month" from now unto the great beyond. What i mean by flow month is during September we're going to train with a heavy focus on flow and play by training with parkour games and looking at environments with a child's mind. We're going to try to get out about 5 days a week (not including open gym at Victory Gymnastics) if not everyday with some sort of consistent, constant moving. Now of course this is intended to continue throughout the rest of our training from now on but specifically during Flow Month we're going to emphasize this kind of training...

I'm going to be posting periodic videos and training updates on this thread, and I wanna encourage anybody that wants to to join us with constant motion! So post your ideas, videos, whatever and don't stop moving.

Offline TheBigLOL

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Flow Month September
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
Sounds like a good plan to train some flow.  I love it when you create a new trick that looks cool and works in with everything else.  Learning flow is also helpful when you have limited training obstacles.  Not to mention that it looks really cool!  8)
Tricking is beast, you should try it.

Offline Jacquis "Curfew"

• Mangabey
  • CSRD patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:58:29 PM »
Yupp, when you flow it's no longer single movements or tricks, it becomes a path, movement as a whole. As the freakin awesome Bruce Lee said, "Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Offline TR

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »
I like this idea, I haven't been able to get and train much lately, and since september is not only the month of my birth, but I also really enjoy "flow" work.. I think I'll take part in this as well! :)

Offline Jacquis "Curfew"

• Mangabey
  • CSRD patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
lol...awesome! The more the merrier!!  ;D

Offline Jacquis "Curfew"

• Mangabey
  • CSRD patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wkybemyw2Y&feature=feedu

Nathan Nix's flow month vid. Just recovered from a bone injury in the foot and is jumpin right back into it.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:00:09 AM »
I need to do this. Thanks for the reminder.
10 push ups.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
I did this last Saturday, mainly because I need to work on getting over the fear of vaulting over bars (I can do it originally, just need to get more comfortable).

Also it helps to train this on one day, and work on "serious" training the next.

Offline TR

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:21 PM »
:P I totally forgot about this, but I just so happened to make this video the other day where my focus was working on my flow :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWyxRfrfPs