Author Topic: Alabama Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!  (Read 25596 times)

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Alabama Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
Welcome to the Alabama forums on APK! Say hi in here and let us know a little about yourself - where you're from, how long training or just getting started, and when you generally train so other people can join up with you!

Offline Jake Garner

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:59 AM »
I'm fairly new to parkour, living in Birmingham. I really want to get into tricking soon too.
"There's so much oxygen, that I forgot to breathe"
"Create, Cognize, and Recognize"

Offline Cory Mason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
I've been studying the parkour/freerunning scene for a while now but I'm not exactly very skilled as of yet...
Anybody around the Decatur/Huntsville area hit me up when you plan to train. Having other people to work with would probably do me some good.
Call or text (256)309-9767
"I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive." --Albert Einstein

Offline Jake Garner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
I've been studying the parkour/freerunning scene for a while now but I'm not exactly very skilled as of yet...
Anybody around the Decatur/Huntsville area hit me up when you plan to train. Having other people to work with would probably do me some good.
Call or text (256)309-9767 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (256)309-9767      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
You should look up Josh Wright on here. He's a good friend of mine who lives in Scottsboro, which is like less than an hour away.
"There's so much oxygen, that I forgot to breathe"
"Create, Cognize, and Recognize"

Offline Brian Morgan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:46:27 AM »
Hello all! I just started Freerunning/parkour just about 2 or three months ago.

I live in the same town as Josh Wright. I've been getting used to being around here, but it's a wonderful community! ;D
"Be the change you want to see in the world" --Gandhi

"If you don't risk anything, you risk even more."
-- Erica Jong

‎"If you're afraid to fall you fall because you're afraid. Everything in life is choice" -Daniel Illabaca

Offline Cody Robinson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 05:12:46 AM »
Welcome Brian! The community is glad to have another member to add to the AL roster!Any plans on attending any future jams? Or going to other cities for a training session? Auburn Parkour would love to have you come out!

Cody Robinson
AUPK

Offline thomas svensson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »
hey this is Thomas Svensson Founder of Team Silent Echo we are pleased to know how big the community is in ALABAMA. This Summer Birmingham Traceurs is holding a annul Jam This summer At the campus of UAB. We are hoping that people from Mobile, Huntsville, Auburn, Birmingham, the APK TRIBE, Denver,CO, and hopefully more will come. Let me know if you can make it to this summers kickoff to a well-known PK-State.

THOMAS SVENSSON
FOUNDER OF TSE AND BT

If you want to Email me:
Allin20012@Gmail.com     

Offline Nick Brattoli

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »
Awesome! I am a member of the group in Mobile. There has been talk about heading to Birmingham in the near future once all the younger guys get out of school.

Offline Cory Mason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »
You should look up Josh Wright on here. He's a good friend of mine who lives in Scottsboro, which is like less than an hour away.
Thanks, Jake. I'll look him up.
Sorry guys for being away so long. My schedule suddenly went insane when the summer started... But now I'm working on getting everything prioritized. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't gotten much parkour specific training done but I've been trying to stay in shape so maybe I can catch up quickly enough XD.
hey this is Thomas Svensson Founder of Team Silent Echo we are pleased to know how big the community is in ALABAMA. This Summer Birmingham Traceurs is holding a annul Jam This summer At the campus of UAB...
I hate that I missed that jam. I hope you guys will have it again next year. I'd like to meet some more traceurs. And a friend of mine might do well to have someone to learn from who's better than me haha
"I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive." --Albert Einstein

Offline Connor Blackmon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
hey guys, connor blackmon here from Mobile, same group as Nick..
Contact me for information about jams or if you want to give me information about an upcoming jam outside of Mobile at mobiletraceurs@aol.com! :D

Offline Chase

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »
Hi! Im new to parkour! Me and my friends have only tried basic moves and stuff and would really like to dig deep into what parkour has to offer. We live in Andalusia,Al(Covington County). Its a very rural town but we get by with what we have.

Offline Cody Sloas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »
Hi there ^_^
My name is Cody and I live in Eva (very close to Huntsville, AL)
Me and a friend parkour all the time and are looking for people.
This site seems kind of dead but I figured I would post anyways, just hit me up for some parkour. I know a few good places and would like to find some more

Offline Michael

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »
Sup. My name is Michael and I live in Sweden in an tiny village named Klippan. I am new to parkour/free running I've trained some days. Nobody in this village want to train with me so I train by myself in the woods.

I'm also 12 years old :)

Offline Steven LeBlanc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »
I'm fairly new to parkour, just keeping up with my kids and looking for places to train. We live in Pascagoula, Ms and would really like to find some places that are fun and training friendly....

Offline 030josh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is josh Johnston.  I live in huntsville and am looking to start a tribe of traceurs. I'm 17 and haven't practiced in awhile. But come join me and we will rip this place up teaching each other and ourselves new tricks tips and methods to help further ourselves. Come on brothers! We need more reps for north Alabama!

Offline 030josh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
I forgot to mention if you wish to reach me, call or text me at (256)656-0820

Offline Eric Tilmont

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
hey guys my name is eric, I'm in tuscaloosa most of the year, been training in park our for about 3 months now, let me know if anyone would like to get together, I'm not opposed to driving places to meet people

Offline Matthew

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »
Hey guys, pretty new to parkour, junior at alabama, so if you're in the tuscaloosa area and want to try some stuff contact me at mcmcgee1@crimson.ua.edu
今大学で日本語を学ぶ。これを読んでできれば、日本語で話よう!

Offline Raina Nightraven

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Heaven on the Water
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 04:13:39 AM »
Guess I shouldn't waste too much time..but I'm a complete newb. I've been fascinated with parkour and free running ever since I saw a demo video two yrs ago on YouTube. Now I want to to get started training and working into a better, more disciplined, stronger person. I live in a town a little NW of Birmingham and I would love it if I could eventually meet some new friends here.  Any advice or such will be appreciated and wisely applied. Thank you for your time. :)
I am everything I am and nothing I seem to be, and judging from the look on your face both everything you both fear and desire with all of your being.    Here is the real question:

Are you willing to take the risks necessary to obtain that which you desire, while overcoming all that you fear?

Offline Devin Schmelter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:16:36 AM »
Hello everyone. Completely new here. Have been practicing on my own for the past couple weeks and would like some input from someone who has been training for a while. I'm 28 and my nephew who is also interested but he's to afraid to meet up with anyone. He is 12. My son loves the stuff but 2 is a little young to get the idea of it. I would really like to meet up some weekend. Text me if your interested 256-565-7372.