Author Topic: Calling all CTers!  (Read 7353 times)

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Calling all CTers!
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Welcome to the Connecticut forums on APK! Say hi in here and let us know a little about yourself - where you're from, how long training or just getting started, and when you generally train so other people can join up with you!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:21:33 PM by Shay »

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Connecticut Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Shyamsundar Subramanian otherwise known as Shay for short (obvious reason ;D).

I'm from Trumbull, this little town in Fairfield County which is all the way in that little rectangle thingy that juts out in the southwest haha.  I've been training for almost a year and a half, and train in all the movements, but my favorite is just plain out efficient parkour!  My favorite color is orange because it's actually pretty awesome and I train at an elementary school that's about 10 feet from my house, which has some average training spots - but I've been training there since I started and I'm constantly finding new places and combinations to do, so it must be alright!  I also do a bit of nature training since my part of Connecticut is almost all woods, although after a wasp incident I avoid a chunk of it haha.

Contact me:

Email: connecticut@americanparkour.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shyamparkour
Cell: 203-908-5854, but don't text me because it's disabled, lol.

Hope to train with you guys and help our community to grow! :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:42:35 AM by Shay »
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline Kendy

• I Violate Your Mind
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The Parkour Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
Another Intro thread?
Oh well...
Name:
Kendall Ann Smith
Sex:
I'm a girl, I do parkour in dresses
Fairfield, surrounded by Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, Southport, Westport
Where I Can Be Found:
I'm a senior at Fairfield Ludlowe High School.  I have a car, so if you're relatively close, I will go meet up somewhere.  You can find me around every other week at the Fairfield GCA Open Gym. Click Here for open gym info
Personallity:
I felt the need to put this in here.  I come off as kinda scary, and sometimes cocky, to some but actually I'm kinda nice and if you have any problems about anything, anything at all (ex: parkour, school, relationships, blahblahblah...), feel free to contact me; I have your back :).  I'm always the person pretending not to have fun but in reality I'm having a blast, I'm just too shy/reserved to show it.
Pet Peeves:
If you call it "parkouring", I will verbally assult you (kidding ^.^ (not really -.-'))
Experience/Specialities:
Flips are my happy place.  If you ever need help with learning flips or tips or pointers, let me know.  My "custom" progressions seem a bit strange, but they tend to work out.  Besides that I havent been training for super long, but I'm working hard. A lot of times at open gym the older guys won't respect me or acknowledge my existance until I show them what's up SO. 
Cell:
Call or Txt anytime, really.  If it's past midnight, keep calling, and I will talk to you until you no longer need me to =P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:48:47 AM by Kendy »
.:Don't think about it. Just do it:.
[ My Facebook ]
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »
Hahaha me and Jake know all about your "custom progressions" :D

Offline Gregory Milano

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Boston College Parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »
Greg Milano-
21 years old
5'7"
155lbs
I am originally from West Haven, Connecticut, USA. I am currently a senior at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. I have a track and field background. Been training Parkour for four years. Together with my twin brother Matthew Milano, I founded "BCPK" the 'unofficial' parkour group at Boston College in the fall of 2008, now comprised of 25 dedicated members from all over the country. Also in 2008, I met David Belle in New York City at the New Yorker Festival. I have trained all over the world; in Italy I trained with Firenze PK in Florence and the Milano Monkeys in Milan, I trained in London, Amsterdam and trained at the Jiyo Parkour Park in Copenhagen, Denmark. In the USA, I have trained in California at UCLA and Venice Beach. In the Northeast I have attended the New York National Jam where I met Mark Toorock and NYPK. I train regularly all over the Northeast in New Haven, CT and in the greater Boston area. I am also a very active senior member of New England Parkour (neparkour.com) where I lead jams and share my knowledge and experience with members of the NEPK community. In 2010, I assisted Red Bull and the World Freerunning and Parkour Federation in planning a jam to accompany the Red Bull Art of Motion Parkour and Freerunning event in Boston, where I met the founders of the World Freerunning and Parkour Federation and internationally recognized parkour and freerunning athletes like Ryan Doyle, Tim "Livewire" Shieff, Daniel Arroyo and more.
Youtube Channel: gmilano07
Group Network- http://bostoncollegeparkour.ning.com/
email: gregmmilano@gmail.com
Boston College Parkour

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
Jake Chess
19 years old
1.65m
54.5kg
Stratford, CT
Cell phone number: (203)521-4095
Training for 2-3 years

Hey there, I am Jake. I have been training for two and a half years, I also practice a variety of martial arts. I am too lax with my training because I am extraordinarily lazy so I will admit that my skill is not as refined as it could be.

I hold an serious integrity online and I don't joke around too much, but luckily in real life I am lax and energetic. Learning for me comes through repetitive failure. I need the time to experiment and systematically break the lesson down so that I construct the right form bit by bit. Simplicity is everything and failure isn't always bad. I enjoy Parkour and martial arts because it is the perfect blend of physical, mental, and philosophical development. I have learned much about myself because of Parkour, that I may extend and apply what I've learned to other areas of life. I don't know how good of a teacher I make, but if you need any help with anything please do not hesitate to ask.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:05:28 AM by Jake Chess »
"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from."

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Mike KC

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • How i buy new parkour shoes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »
Hello, fellow CT traceurs!
My name is: Mike Casey (or Mike KC)
Hometown: Trumbull, Fairfield County, CT
Experience: About 3 or 4 months (since September 23, 2010)

I try to train when I can, but I get lazy when there's snow on the ground. . . . unless I can do flips into the snow. I've learned a lot from Shay. So far, I'm lovin' parkour. Let's have some great jams this year. . . . Remember, always practice safe parkour. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:59:30 PM by Mike KC »
+10 Clap Push-Ups

Offline tillow214

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
Name: Chris Tillow
Experience: some basic drills and conditioning; limited actual experience

I live in area with no serious traceurs that I know of, so I do all my practicing alone.  For this reason, I don't often go out and get any real experience.  Hopefully this spring I'll get to go to a jam with some people.  In the meantime I've been doing what I can with what I have, which is mostly, as I said, drills and conditioning, which is fun, in a way.

I could include my cell phone number, but I don't answer it anyway.  Email is much better if you need to contact me.  Don't expect me to talk much, though; I'm one of those more reclusive people, and I usually prefer listening to people rather than talking myself.  I come of as a rather uninteresting person (and, in some cases, kind of an asshole), but I'm nearly as bad as alot of people think I am.

For those interested, my email is tillow214@gmail.com.
I don't do signatures.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
Hey Chris!  Nice to have some more new people in the community :)

Anyway, yeah, I and also most of us also started out alone, since our community is still growing its wings haha, so I feel you.  But definately try to go out and train as much as possible, and it's great that you're starting off slowly with the drills and conditioning, nice job!  I am also looking forward to stepping up our community this year, and great things are gonna happen :)  If you wanna check out the Jams board we're trying to get something started with a winter training jam.  So definately post in there, and nice to have you man!

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all CTers!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
Hello!

I posted in the other intro thread, but I figured I would post here as well.  Name is Kirk, newly moved to Norwalk.  I am new to Parkour, but I am very fit.  I am an engineer.  uuuhhhhh, I dont know, I like pizza? Anyways I want to get better at Parkour!  Lets train!

Thanks!
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Steve LaFargue

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »
Name: Steve L. (Not too much info., you will understand in a few lines for future reasons)
Sex: Male (if you can't tell by the name)
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 160
What I do with my time: Go to school (senior in high school), go to the gym, chill with friends, *attempt* at parkour (hopefully that attempt isn't there too long)
Something interesting: I plan on going into the Air Force and doing the UAV or some form of Intelligence in there
How to contact me: eventually.known@gmail.com

Offline cole duncan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 05:30:54 AM »
Name:
cole duncan
Sex:
guy
trumbull, almost live at gca in fairfield
Where I Can Be Found:
in boarding school for now... will be out in june
Personallity:
love to run man... cant stand to be cooped up indoors with nothing to do
Pet Peeves:
do not call it parkouring... please...
Experience/Specialities:
anything with parkour.... a little into freerunning but moreover i love straight up pk 
Cell:
call anytime after june 22.... il be out and im an insomniac so i can pretty much talk anytime