Author Topic: France  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • To fall is not to fail You fail when you don't try
    • View Profile
France
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
Sounds like I will be in France for 10 months starting next august. Anyone there or know anyone there?

Offline Nick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: France
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »
parkour was invented in france, if your anywhere near lisses you shouldnt have too much trouble finding other people.
"We aren't here right now to live forever, we'll live forever tomorow

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:27 PM »
I was thinking that. Best place to learn! Knowing people ahead of time is always nice, especially when you don't speak French very well...or at all (as of the moment)

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:34:02 AM »
Well, you can make your way to Lisses(I dont remember the train routes...evry train?)

Or else, tons of people train in La Defense on the red line.  this area is great, and there are always a tonof people training there.

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:05 AM »
I'd suggest making a post on Parkour.NET since there are a lot of Frenchmen there.  I'm sure there're some English-capable Frenchmen who'd be more than willing to train with you.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 08:01:37 PM »
Danke. I will. I hope to get to a lot of the country while I'm there so I'll make my way (hopefully) to Lisses.

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
When i wen't last summer, I saw absoloutely no one doing parkour. I did some in a small down and the people were looking at me like i was crazy. I pretty much everyone whi i talked to, had almost or no idea what parkour was. I spoke to friends that i have there who live in all parts and pretty only one knew of parkour but did not know anyone who did it. It mught be a fluke, and i wasn't in the right parts where it is most prevolent, but it is not as wide spred there as we think it is.

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Just kidding, thailand
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »
No I asked some french exchange students and they didn't know what I was talking about at all.

I just wanted to say I am officially going to Thailand. Just a bit different eh? Well same question, if anyone knows anyone in Thailand, tell me!

Offline Export1413

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 04:37:06 AM »
<--- english living in France

would love for someone to teach me some stuff i'm not that great at this but i'd love to see someone decent in action as no one at my school does parkour here :( they all think i'm a crazy monkey

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Thailand
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 12:06:49 AM »
Konichiwa from Thailand! Wait.. that should be Sawadee.

Sawadee from Thailand! I've been here(not counting Bangkok) for a gand total of 1 week 1 day! Yayy! And I gotta say I'm proble Thailand's one and only Traceur! Hah! That means I'm like best in the country...not really. Anyway I wanted to say Hiii and that if you want to do Parkour, don't come to Thailand...culture ya know? Anyway we'll see how much I can do and ya'll can laugh at my out of shape and practiceness when I get back next year.
Peace!
Megan :-*