Author Topic: South Carolina Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!  (Read 7539 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
South Carolina Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »
Welcome to the South Carolina forums on APK! Say hi in here and let us know a little about yourself - where you're from, how long training or just getting started, and when you generally train so other people can join up with you!
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Auskoo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: South Carolina Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:20:41 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm Austin Koon, and I am from Columbia, SC. (More specifically the Irmo area) I started training parkour about 3 years ago by myself. I had been watching a lot of movies with stunts in them and started to research the movements, which eventually led me to the discipline of parkour. A year after I started, a lot of my friends began to take interest and started training. We started a team and more and more people have been training with us since then. We are out everyday practicing, whether it's parkour, freerunning, or tricking, we are always out doing something to better ourselves. I hope I get to train with some of you all one day soon! If you'd like to train, plan a jam, show me your videos, or just talk, you can contact me with the information below.

Email: southcarolina@americanparkour.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/auskoo
Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/falcon8967

Thanks a ton guys! Good training to all of you!

DillDough

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:10 AM »
Hi, I'm Dillon Reesor and I'm in Columbia.  I try to train whenever I have free time and can find a good spot.  I got interested about 4 months ago and started training with a few friends, but for the most part they have dropped it and rarely show anymore. I've only recently become interested in freerunning and tricking, so we'll see how that pans out.  I'm always looking for someone to train with, and I'm almost always completely free on the weekends.  If you want to train, shoot me a message through here or you can get in touch with me via facebook.

Offline James

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »
Hey iim james i live in myrtle beach iim trying to find people who can spare some time to train with me.Iim new to it iiv always been into parkour I was never in good enough shape to do anything till i started MMA.And now i want to see if anyone is nearby myrtle beach to train with me thanks guys hope to train soon :)

Offline Cody

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
I'm Cody from Landrum, South Carolina (in the Spartanburg/Greenville area) and i've been training for about 5 months now. I run in South and North Carolina (since i live right on the border of the 2 states). My background in martial arts (i've been training in it for 5 years now) really helped me get into parkour.

email: ravancody@yahoo.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ravancody
youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ravancody

Offline Travis Johnston

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
Hi,

I'm Travis--a graduate student at USC.  I'm here in Columbia (for a few more years) and am just getting started with parkour/free-running... and anything else similarly fun.  Also, looking for some help (since I'm a NOOB)... so if you're around (particularly, close to USC campus) let me know.

Offline Caleb Peterson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
Hello. My name is Caleb. I'm mainly into the exotic pet hobby, though I have had a long standing interesting in parkour. I'm just starting out in parkour\freerunning, and looking for some others nearby who are willing to teach me\ parkour with me. I am located in Bamberg SC. If anyone else does parkour out here, or nearby, feel free to send me an email. arachnophile1995@yahoo.com

nice to meet you, later.

Offline VeryTori

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Hi, my name is Tori, and I am new to parkour. I haven't even really tried it at all lol. I am interested in trying parkour out. It looks fun!

Offline 23Galaxy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »
I'm Kyle and am pretty new to the activity, me and a friend have been practicing the basics and wanted to know if anime in the charleston area wanted to group up.

Offline Kingkong95

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »
Hey, my name is Cody, I'm nearly twenty , and I'm from Dillon, SC.

Also, does anyone know why there is the scientific name for the europeon rabbit under my name?
Skate to live, die trying.

Offline Keepgoin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »
Hi guys :)

Im jason and i just started parkour 3 months ago , i always watch video and tried to train myself but it is hard to train alone . Im from summerville and trying to find some spots here . We just moved here from goose creek and please help me to find some locations here in summerville and let me know if you are from here too :)) have a great day ahead :))

Offline kyrothealphawolf

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 08:56:17 PM »
hello my name is stephen but most call me kyro and my fiance (bradley) and live out in blythewood and we are looking to train and learn tricks with anyone who is open and friendly (sadly most time we get is only on the weekends >.<) however we are eager to learn and always happy to be outside. i hope we can find anyone who would like a few more people ^.^ have a spectacular day!

Offline Mason18

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »
Hello my name is Mason and I would like to learn I'm just hoping for some friendly people who could teach me and train with I live in the north Charleston area

Offline Ninjamonkey782

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Hey everyone,

My name is matt just moved to SC from Texas a few months ago. Pretty good on the basics of parkour looking for some nice stuff to do around Columbia.

Offline Cranimesao

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »
Cran, in Florence. New to the scene, but long time admirer. I'm 31.

Offline Brian2524

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
Hey. My name is Brian. I've been training for about 2 in a half years now. I live in the Summerville area. I would love to meat up with people!

Offline KRogers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »
Hey everybody, I'm Kealeb. I'm new to the Beaufort area, and didn't know if anyone in the area did parkour. I'm fairly new to parkour, I know most of the basics, but just looking for someone to train with. If anyone is interested, give me a call at (501) 617-1075. Thanks!