Author Topic: G4 Tv Show Jump City: Seattle (add your reviews of the show)  (Read 105197 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Re: G4 Tv Show Jump City: Seattle (add your reviews of the show)
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
Please, do we really have to go there?

We seem to have established pretty clearly that Dave has a different set of values and sense of what is professional and even polite than many other people, which is no surprise, as all people probably have varying values. Dave just seems to want to criticize people (and call them liars) if their values don't match his. I really don't feel this has to be played out in it's entirety, what would that really solve or satisfy?

Personally I feel that about 90% of this thread should be split into a topic called "Dave's Values and parkour ideals", as all of this really has jack to do with the TV show.

How about if we all try to do something that is constructive and positive instead? Is there something we can be working on for the GOOD of Parkour and freerunning?

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »
How about if we all try to do something that is constructive and positive instead? Is there something we can be working on for the GOOD of Parkour and freerunning?

Season 2. :)

Offline MThomasfreerun

• Mangabey
  • We all start with nothing.
    • View Profile
    • MThomasfreerun's Youtube Page
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
No we don't have to. Also if you wanted to split the thread so you don't have it mucking up the show thread that might be an option. It's whatever.

+50 muscle ups for being off topic.
"Obstacles - I go over, under, right through, around 'em" - Shed Light

www.pkout.com

Offline Scared Doggy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Connor Hagerty
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
Alright, quick question for Dave, and sorry for being off-topic. But I'm sure many have been wondering this. How much do you actually train parkour? You have a strong stance on the philosophy and write an awful lot on here about your view. So I'm wondering how much you actually train.
Every post you make is extremely long a painstakingly well edited. Normally I roll my eyes at those who say "stop posting and go train" because most of us just make a few quick posts every once in awhile so it doesn't cut into our freetime. But you're posts are so long and numerous that I can't imagine how you'd have time to train, let alone do anything else.
I'm sorry for pinpointing you out and I mean no disrespect, but I'm really curious.
Also, its not cool at all how you're being blatantly distrustful and disrespectful towards Skipper. He's proven himself to have pure intentions for parkour many, many times. Just keep that in mind.
Minnesota Parkour
YouTubeAccount

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »
I've offered my apologies to Dave for any unnecessary hurtful comments I may have made. He also did the same to me and the rest of the community. Whether any of you accept his apology is up to you (the individual). The point of this thread was to give reviews of the show. Lots of them have been given, more than needed actually. Mark and Skipper will probably not be looking at this thread again, and since they are the only ones who can do anything about the show, there is no point in leaving it open. Any further "advice" can be sent in PM's.

I take full responsibility for the locking of this thread. Any hard feelings or hate mail for locking it should be directed to me.
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
Damn, you just beat me to it :) Nice work.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams