Author Topic: a Year of parkour: 365/52 pk project  (Read 67772 times)

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
  • jimmy -Temecula Parkour
    • View Profile
Re: a Year of parkour: 365/52 pk project
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
Day  164/week24
July 4, 2011

Happy Independence day!!

I spent today with my family and my girlfriend. Mostly relaxing and chowing down on cupcakes, Chinese food, and chocolate milk! I shur do love America haha.

Parkour:  towards the end of the night a hit the rail in the back yard,  I worked on some balance and footwork.  Hitting up the gym tomorrow morning!

Hope everyone had a great day ^^ What did all you guys do today??

-James Davidson, Temecula Parkour
TPK
-insert something insperational here- 

Temecula Parkour + youtube = goodtime

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »

Day 166/w24
July 4, 2011

Today mickey and I Began building a Vaulting block! Were almost done, just another hours of work and it will be done. (Pictures on my facebook)

For my pk I spend a half hour training on the bar in my back yard, building the block was good conditioning also,. Lifting haha

Credit: Thanks to mickey for well.. doing most of the work. I’m not that good with power tools, and Mickey knows his stuff.

James Davidson, Temecula Parkour
TPK

Day  165/week 24
july 5

Gym session form 12-2  got a lot of work done, I really worked on my flow combos, cast aways, and corks.

I went on another session alone around 4 because I still had that crazy PK training drive haha, so I went to a local spot and drilled rail K-Ps and rail Precision alond with rail balance. There are a lot of rails in that area =].

JD TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2011, 08:33:39 AM »
Day 167/week 24
July 7 2011

Finally finished the vault box today, now I have a small parkour course in my back yard!
One pull up bar, one vaulting rail, one vaulting box, and 3 precision beams, along with all the natural obstacles in my yard.

Parkour: it got to about 10pm and I realized that I had been doing bit and pieces of pk all day, but no real training. so as late as it was I went on a 2 mile run to a nice pk spot and worked on balancing while walking on rails, then ran back home. It felt so good working on cardio.

TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »
Question

what do you do when you go out training? I want to  know!

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
-stretch
-do something I've never done before
-do something I'm not good at repeatedly
-flow work
-like an hour session just having fun doing random things
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:26 AM »
Day 168/Week 25
July 8 2011

ALL DAY LONG PARKOUR SESSION

AHH! It felt good.  I went out with Terry and Jacob; we started off at crown Hill Park. We haven’t been there in a while, but coming back to it our Traceur vision and creativity in the area was way improved. We had seen things that we never thought of before. And it made for some great PKFR training. then we moved up to this school. Here in finally got this kong to rail precision I had been looking at for at least a year, I got it first try! We also worked a ton on flow, and stride combos.

After this we got some food and headed across town to Red hawk. Here we met up with Nathan and Dylan. We drilled wall runs and I drilled this flow/ stride course and these pop vault hand stands.

I feel like I got a lot better today.
Thanks for training guys!

-Jimmy Davidson, Temecula Parkour
TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »
-stretch
-do something I've never done before
-do something I'm not good at repeatedly
-flow work
-like an hour session just having fun doing random things

what do u mean by -Do something i've never done before- ?
like learn something new?

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2011, 10:07:39 AM »
Comment from youtube on my month 6 video: Hey James, How are you on injurys so far? how´s your body feeling training everyday? I wonder because I´ve been following your stuff since Jan 1st. but I didn´t read anything about that department.and I get lots of injurys training 3 times a week. bad luck I guess. like my knees and tendons are starting to go bleh! Congrats for that btw. training everyday takes a lot of discipline man! Respect!! =)
my reply: I’ve had a couple injuries, but not many. I had a pulled muscle in my back in January that healed up in about 15 days. And other than the common bumps and bruises, that only other real injury I’ve gotten lately was a rolled ankle that I got the beginning of June that healed in a week and a half.

I try and mix up the training by taking some conditioning days, some low impact days, and other things to let my body recover and stay healthy.   Also I warm up and stretch before (almost) every session.

thanks for the question =]  

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
Day  169/Week 25
July 4, 2011

todays training started with some slacklineing practice with my girl friend. I hooped up the line one end to a tree and the other to a handrail. I was trying to walk across the line and onto the handrail and keep walking, I was able to get a hang of the slackline balance, and complete my challenge.

After I got home I started training in my back yard in my pk course, I got some great flow work in, then a wood piece on my rail broke O_O.  so I have to fix it.  It was still good training.

Parkour session tomorrow with TPK.

Jimmy Davidson, Temecula Parkour
TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
Day 170   Pk session with the TPK boys,  a good 3 hours of jam.  i did a lot of things i was bappy about. some great pk training for everyone

Day 171   ran 2 miles in the morning   then light parkour sessions through out the day

srry for the short posts,  im late to get to the gym and do even more PK!

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
Day 172/week 25
july 12 2011

Gym session with cab Nathan Dylan from 12 – 2 at DC Gymnastics. I though the session was very productive. I worked on my corks, axle in dash outs, flip precisions. I was tryi9ng to get my moves cleaner. Also I was worked on some really hard flow courses.  Broke a sweat, got great training, good session boys!

TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Day 173/Week 25
July 13, 2011

Started today off with a training session at my gymnastics gym, I worked on my axle in – dash outs, double legs, double flips, and basic vaults. Christine came along and she worked on some free step precisions, and kong vaults.

Later in the afternoon at 4pm I hosted a small PK conditioning group. Terry Sean, and Sean’s friend came and got a good workout in. We started with a lap and a half run hollowed by some dynamic warm-ups (all aimed to get cardio working). Then we worked on our upper body with some dynamic pushups, these got pretty challenging. Then we moved on to some core workouts. And finished up with some good sprints.

TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
D174

stayed at the mall ALL DAY  for the harry potter DH pt2  premere.  it was pretty bomb.

i did make shur to tore the mall and have a mini pk sesh tho.   PK session friday, better training then
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:42:06 PM by jimjim25000 »

Offline Vagabond

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »
I just wanted to let you know, this is an awesome project and you having friends that support you is even greater.  Maybe you can turn this into a documentary later.
Also I was planning on taking it easy today since I had taken a 1h 15m Kyu training test (Belt test for Shotokan), but your thread has inspired me to take my tired arse out on my lunch break and move around.
Always Learn, Always Train
http://norcalparkour.webs.com/

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:59 PM »
I just wanted to let you know, this is an awesome project and you having friends that support you is even greater.  Maybe you can turn this into a documentary later.
Also I was planning on taking it easy today since I had taken a 1h 15m Kyu training test (Belt test for Shotokan), but your thread has inspired me to take my tired arse out on my lunch break and move around.
  Thanks a lot man, im glad your interested.  kyu training test ay? thats some crazy stuff.

Im glad my 365 got you some extra training today haha,  Good luck! and have fun!

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
Day 175
july 15 2011

a two hour long parkour session with TPK. it was kinda hot so it made training a bit lazy, but i still had some good movements. I worked on my own creativity and helped others see new moves in the environment.  looking forward to sunday

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
D176

worked all day,  i got a new job as a wellness coach at this nutrition shop haha. (if anyone needs to lose weight or get on a really healthy diet for PKFR training let me know haha)

i spent 20 mins wouking on my ballance today, thats all i had time for.  Its good for a rest day though, Huge jam tomorrow TPK is putting on in San Diego. Can't wait!!!

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
Day 177/Week 26
July 17, 2011

Temecula Parkour took a tip down to San Diego for one of our team field trips today!
it was a good 6 hours a Jam! We started at a very fun spot the butterfly garden, lots of good moves of all skill levels. We had Ben Orchard with us, he’s a pretty talented photographer so he was running around with us using his steady cam and other gismos, and it was a great time. We then moved along to these huge walls and got some good wall climb training in, I was trying to get a 360 wall climb on this pretty high wall, but I couldn’t quite get it. We then moved to some grass and we were just hanging out and doing a bunch of flips n stuff. We finished up the day with a good walk around the city for a bit, we spent a little time at a city college.

All in all today was a great day. Good job TPK, and thanks for meeting up with us Lonnie, paul, Leave the ground, and the two form Pittsburg!

-James Davidson, Temecula Parkour
TPK

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »
Day 178

hour parkour session with nathan over at Red hawk,  i worked on some flips and we both did this fun free step challenge, more a recovery day.

What do you guys do on recovery days?

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2011, 02:53:26 AM »
Hand balancing!  Great for rest days.  Also, foam rolling, stretching, and lots of nunchucking.  ;D