Author Topic: Pheonix/Tempe area  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Itsthejuggernautb1tch

• Patas
  • vociferous embouchure
    • View Profile
Pheonix/Tempe area
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »
Are there any traceurs in that area, I will start college at Collins College July 09 (will be my first class) and I will be down there july 02 '07 and was wondering if there were any traceurs in the area.
[size=16]Im bad, im the baddest mothef8cka on this world, have you ever seen a coustum like mine?[/size]

Offline sim_heart

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Holy Crap! Are Those Arms?-Why yes, YES They Are!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pheonix/Tempe area
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:14:24 AM »
sorry, Im in Winslow, trying to get somewhere else......
successful is wanting it more than everybody else.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rickety

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 12:14:54 PM »
There's two old guys here--me & Jumpin Jiminy. I'm more of a wannabe than a traceur. Jiminy's been training hard, though. There's several young folks who post at UFF's Arizona thread. Team MoZ are a few hours away, but came up for a jam a while ago, and seem happy to drive from time to time for jams.

What are you going to Collins College for? Every so often I get so pissed at my Ph.D. struggles that I think about going there to make computer games.
less talk; less prep; less think; more do

Offline Jumpin Jiminy

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:40:20 PM »
Ricket:
Yeah that other old guy would be me.  LOL
How's it going Rickety?  You haven't been posting on your journal for a while and I didn't know you were working on your PhD.
I started on my Masters of Computer Info Sys. but decided I would rather have Bio-chemical Computing since I enjoy creating Genetic Algorithms, but then game dev. sounds fun too.
As for the training, I'm trying to improve my crossfitness but haven't done much in the way of PK for a while as I feel my leg strength and climbing abilities could use a strong dose of improvement after seeing what I was capable at that last jam compared to the rest.  - WOW !

Ttstheguggernautb1tch:
I don't even know where Colin College is, but I'm willing to make a drive to learn something new as well.

Offline Rickety

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »
This is getting social, Jiminy, but we can chat genetic algorithms sometime when the physical stuff wears us out. I'm working on Economics, but I've been a programmer and poked at genetic algorithms for some problems--really limited success.

I've been slacking a bunch, which is why I haven't been posting. Really just starting working out again today. I finally figured out a spot in my house that will support a pullup bar!
less talk; less prep; less think; more do

Offline Itsthejuggernautb1tch

• Patas
  • vociferous embouchure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 03:22:12 AM »
I am going there for Animation. I've heard that thier (Collins) Game Design classes weren't that great. I originally was going their for animation, anyway. I can't wait to get there. It's nice to have two old[er] guys to train with. How is the area down there for Parkour?
[size=16]Im bad, im the baddest mothef8cka on this world, have you ever seen a coustum like mine?[/size]

Offline Jumpin Jiminy

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »
Where to jam??  Good question.  I watched a bunch down at Tempe Mills and was told ASU West could be good.
There are a lot of parks with parcourses in the valley and a lot of mountains with boulders to hop around on.
I guess I'm still not as fluent in the activity or spotting good places to parkour unseen.

Offline jav13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:10:13 AM »
whats up everyone!  Im totally new to Pk  ,,   is there anyone on the west side  of phoenix? 

Offline spyrocker16

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »
well, im on the east side(56th st. and thomas). but depending on how west you are we can meet.

theres a jam coming up on the 24th in tempe, the threads on the top of this page.

i dont think this local board is very active, i personally use "arizonaparkour.com". not soliciting or anything, but we're growing fairly well and trying to stay active.

Offline zachpk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itz Meh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:11:33 AM »
I might be going to visit in Tempe, either next week or the week after. That would be cool to practice some parkour  I'm not too incredible yet but maybe we can hang or something, and practice a little. up where I'm from its not really city enough so not too many people are familiar or even interrested in parkour so it would be alot of fun.

It really all depends if I can get the time off for AZ, and of course if you are interrested.. So I dunno... its a possibility.

That would be really cool imo.

Anyway, cya

-Zachpk