Author Topic: Waianae  (Read 2984 times)

Offline DconDc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Waianae
« on: December 18, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »
I'm really new to parkour and i was wondering where any spots are neat wainae to train.. i tried the high school but i got kicked out so i was wondering if there is any place near waiane that isn't toooo much guarded by security thanks

turtlekarma

Re: Waianae
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
dunno if there are, you could probably scope some places out.  But honestly if you're just starting out...there's not much you need to train on your own.  Just find a place (usually community park) with some basic stuff, a rail set, a wall, some stairs and you're basically set.  if you come into town to train I could show you some simple drills to use in your local training spots.  808-754-4800...I live in kaimuki area, but train anywhere from hawaii kai to makiki.  Out your way, I'm usually too lazy to drive.

Offline Kawika13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:07 AM »
Hey man i was trying the school to but ther is nothing to do....we gada grab the big mats to practice flips but it is like so nothing know....so if u have any kind of hot spots so if can can u tell me?? thanx. :-D
D-Islands

Offline AndrewL

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
i haven't trained out there, but try parks.

There is usually no security, and  you should be able to find something to work with. bathroom buildings usually have good spots for cats, often there are benches under the overhangs that are good for vault drills, picnic tables are great for a variety of stuff, if there is any grade change then there will be a ramp with railings. bleachers are good for QM and precisions, slanted palm trees are good for palm spins and other things...some beaches have great natural rock areas and retaining walls to work on dismounts and vaults...
Motion for motion's sake