Author Topic: Making movie need help.  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Tyrell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Making movie need help.
« on: December 07, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
I making a movie for my team tsukinome and i could use some help  :-\

Offline Brian O'Neil

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Making movie need help.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
What type of help are you looking for? I can offer advice, as I'm not anywhere near Tennessee. I majored in film in college, and like to believe I know a little about movies, ha.
Action without thought is like shooting without aim.

Advising is easier than helping.

Offline Tyrell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »
What type of help are you looking for? I can offer advice, as I'm not anywhere near Tennessee. I majored in film in college, and like to believe I know a little about movies, ha.
       THANK YOU. 1. angles where to shoot the camera at. 2.What the best way to start a video? 3.Music ,is it really important?

Offline Brian O'Neil

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »
       THANK YOU. 1. angles where to shoot the camera at. 2.What the best way to start a video? 3.Music ,is it really important?

1. Angles depend on what you're shooting. I would suggest either straight on (from 360 degrees), or from below, you never want to shoot looking down as it makes the content of the shot a lot smaller (less significant) where from below it makes it larger (more important/impressive). When I say 360 degrees, I don't mean shoot from every angle possible, but it's a starting point, from any angle. Then when you cut, you don't want to make the camera go past the 180 degree mark.

2. The best way, depending on the content, is to either start building a story or introducing the characters. For a parkour video, if you're not making it with a story, best just to introduce the traceurs. If there is a story, you can introduce the characters with dialogue, instead of titles. With story, you can introduce it by dialogue within the characters, or through the shots and action.

3.Music is amazingly important, more so than you may ever think. It controls the feel of your movie. If you want a fast paced movie, but choose a slow song, you're not going to portray that to the viewers, and the whole concept of the movie will be lost. It can also control the emotion of the movie, suspense, surprise, confusion. All of that comes from the audio more than the video.

Good luck, hope this helped a little. 
Action without thought is like shooting without aim.

Advising is easier than helping.

Offline Tyrell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »
extremely useful