Author Topic: Nashville Parkour Group  (Read 20457 times)

Offline Ryugami

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Nashville Parkour Group
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »
i teach gymnastics and am trying to get a parkour program started at a place called mpact martial arts and gymnastics, its in cool springs. i have a class on saturdays from 11:30-12:30 thats tumbling for parkour, its mostly tumbling but i try to throw in some basic parkour and plenty of conditioning. we also have an open gym wednesdays from 7-9 for only $5. you can also find me on facebook, my name is paul rebottaro, i would love to jam with anyone interested. ive already met a few dudes that have come into open gym that are into parkour, maybe we could get a serious group/team started?

Offline grumerc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 11:16:44 AM »
Iv'e been practing parkour with a few of my friends for a little over a year now. I'm willing to come train with you sometime at your gym even if it's only on those wendsdays you have open gym. Just email me at pjspace01@yahoo.com so we can exchange information. I have a few friends that may be interested as well. We have been looking for a gym to practice flips and gymnastics in as well as parkour because the only thing we have to work with right now is sand.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:22:09 AM by grumerc »

Offline Wells08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
I'd be up for checking out that class if you get it going.  I'm not in fantastic shape right now, but a little training couldn't hurt that either.  Email at wells08 at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

Wells

Offline bpbengal

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 07:41:22 AM »
Whats up, my name is Brian, I'm 29 and just started getting into parkour, I've been doing the W.O.D. and the warmups but to be honest my flexibility sucks and my balance is sub-par. I want to get some skills to hop around and all but no one I know is down and they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, I want to test that. If anyone has any suggestions please hit me up.. Brian Palmer on Facebook or through here!

Offline Ryugami

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »
come to my gym, ill help out with flexibility, tumbling and basic parkour movements. open gym tonight (wednesday) from 7-9 and parkour class saturday 11:30-12:30 and tuesday 6-7. mpact martial arts and gymnastics. I really want to build parkour as a sport here in nashville and get this thriving. you can call me at (913)940-9133 on my cell or the gym at (615)377-3444.

Offline shans

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Steve I am 29 and I like cats hahahaha. I am moving back from Chicago and decided this looks really fun. I plan on having my first session on Michigan ave. this weekend. Hopefully I will see you guys in about month or so peace

Offline Rach7006

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »
I am a photographer about an hour from Nashville and am looking for people to parkour with and shoot. If you are interested let me know

Offline BeyondBirthday

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
Hey what's up I live in La Vergne and i want to help you get your parkour group started. I already have a group consisting of 15 members, but I think it would be cool to add you to the team or combine my group with yours. If your interested email me at melvin.irizarry@mail.com     

Offline Robert M.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »
Hey, I'm Robert Moore from Nashville. I'm pretty new to Parkour and fitness in general but having other more experienced people could only be positive!
You move in 2d. I move in 3d.

Offline NathanN.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
Hey guys if you're looking for a parkour group in the Nashville area we've got a huge one in Middle Tennessee. Our team is MTPK and we host tons of jams, train lots of new people and we're growing every day! If you'd love to learn parkour, join our community or even have your team jam with our teams then we'd love to meet with you! Just email me at nathan682@hotmail.com and I'll give you details.

Current teams are:
MTPK
Mode Of Movement
Ravenwood Parkour
Rural Remnants

"You choose to fall. You choose not to fall. Everything is choice." -Daniel Ilabaca-

Offline Evan M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Get height, get tight
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
Me and my friend are stationed at Ft. Campbell and we're looking to get back into Parkour. I'm pretty rusty and don't have a whole lot of time but if there's any groups around (Nashville/Clarksville area) e-mail me at evan93.mitchell@gmail.com and I'll see what I can work out.
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference"- Winston Churchill

"Be strong to be useful" - Georges H├ębert

Seathan93

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
Hey guys, I recently started college at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN, and I've been getting into and out of PK for the past year or so.  If there's any group in Nashville that's nearby let me know, I want to get back into it, but it's difficult to start up on your own.

My email is ian.simonson@vanderbilt.edu

Offline Lauren Jones

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
Hey!

We are putting in an event at Centennial Park and are looking for some parkour pros to come out and teach our participants some parkour moves!  The event is The Naked Foot 5K this Saturday the 15th.  We challenge people to run our race barefoot (although completely optional).  There is an after party with a chili cook-off, beer garden and live music.  We'd love to have some Nashville parkour peeps out there to represent!

Email us if you'd like to come out and teach or do a demonstration:  barefootracing@gmail.com

thanks! 

Lauren