Author Topic: Olathe Parkour (OPK)  (Read 14918 times)

Offline Collin Runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Running to express, not to impress
    • View Profile
Olathe Parkour (OPK)
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »
For those of you in or near Olathe, KS (~35 minute drive from Kansas City, Kansas), Olathe Parkour (OPK) is looking for members. We currently have 12 members, but are looking for me. Send me a private message or reply to this thread.

Collin
Olathe Parkour
"We run to express, Not to impress" -Olathe Parkour

Offline 92camaro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Olathe Parkour (OPK)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:20:36 AM »
I live off 135th and I-35.

I've honestly never really done much parkour at all, but am very interested in trying it.  I'm 25 and pretty decent shape, played semi pro football, so I'm more a strength guy and not small and fast like most of these guys.  Been working a lot of cardio the past couple months.

I realize it's winter now and probably not the best time to get into this with the butt ass cold weather.

Offline Collin Runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply! If you could send me a PM on here with your email address, I'd be more than glad to continue our chat and seeing if we can get you some of our training dates so you can come join us!

Offline ISU_Dan10

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »
Hey,

I've always been interested in parkour.  I'd like to try it out, how often do you guys go or do you do much now that it is winter time?

-Dan

Offline Collin Runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »
Hey,

I've always been interested in parkour.  I'd like to try it out, how often do you guys go or do you do much now that it is winter time?

-Dan

Hey Dan! Just PM me with your email! No need to try out, we are an open group. If you love Parkour and are willing to learn, you are in! We go out a few times a week, and attend open gyms as a group on weekends. Now that it is wintertime, we go out once or twice a week, plus open gyms every weekend.

Offline Nediac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »
I live in Wichita. Too far away!  :( I though there was actually somebody that i could train with XD but then again im only 13.

Offline Collin Runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
I live in Wichita. Too far away!  :( I though there was actually somebody that i could train with XD but then again im only 13.

Hey man, that's alright! In fact, OPK was started with 3 of us, but when we went out in public and started training, a few people also happened to train Parkour, and so they started training with us, and we picked up a few more. So just go out and train, and if someone ask about it, tell them and who knows, you may pick up a training partner!

I know there are Jams in Witchita sometimes too.

Offline jake

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 01:49:46 AM »
i just moved back to olathe names jake i have a team (had) a team back where i moved from called angelik parkour been doing it for about four years. bit  of a purist so not much into tricking but id like to learn flips so i can eventually devil drop lol

Offline Collin Runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
i just moved back to olathe names jake i have a team (had) a team back where i moved from called angelik parkour been doing it for about four years. bit  of a purist so not much into tricking but id like to learn flips so i can eventually devil drop lol

Hey man, shoot me a PM with your email! We are all purist too, not really into trick, but we did spend a few days last week working on flips at our gym.

Offline Robert

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
Is this group still active?  I'm living in Lawrence and am looking for some people to practice with.

Offline Hatpins

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
Hey! I live in Paola about 30 min. Away from olathe, looking to join. I am 14 and have just started parkour, I can do the Kong, lazy, and thief vault, and some tic-tac(not very well)would like to join. I could make it either every weekend or every other weekend, not during the week because of school obviously, but would love to join you guys.

Offline Jason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Another local guy here.  I live in Olathe (K-7 & 119th) and was interested in learning. 

Offline Mike

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
I'm local too, i have no experience whatsoever but i am in good lean shape and would love to learn. Any info on a place I can learn and someone to teach would be much appreciated.

Offline Nick "edward" cook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
Hi, I'm nick and i am a beginner and would like to learn parkour. I am 45 minutes or so away and have done kongs/vaults but really need help with wall runs, cat grabs and precesion jumping. I would like to join olathe parkour to help improve my abilities and learn.

Offline Ryugami

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
Not sure if anyone will see this, but my name is Paul Rebottaro, I practice/teach gymnastics and parkour. My friend recently opened a gym in Olathe called 360 gymnastics and currently offers an adult gymnastics class/open gym. This is an awesome place to practice parkour basics and tumbling. I'm working on getting a parkour program started there as well. If anyone is interested, hit me up on facebook. Thanks

Offline Sterling Hollond

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
I am 12 and have been doing parkour for the last three years. I know all the basics, and would like to know some more.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
I don't know about the 360 gym but I go to Diamond Academy in Overland Park, they instructors there seem pretty experienced.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline Tylers7108

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »
im a 13 year old guy who has never done parkour can i learn how to do parkour in OPK

Offline Tommyboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:08 PM »
I live in liberty so it is a bit of a drive to Olathe. I am very interested in parkour and always have been! My friend Sam recently started a parkour club at my high school. After one lesson, i was thrilled! A membership here is a very real possibility and i look forward to it!

Offline TheFloyd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:31 AM »
Is this group still alive? I just got back into town. Manhattan didn't work out financially. So I'm back in Olathe now. I've seen OPK on Youtube but there hasn't been any updates in the last several months. If this group is dead I'd be interested in starting up another Parkour Group. If anyone comes across this in the future shoot me a message via email, my account is linked so PM's should go to my email.