Author Topic: Daniel Arroyo - Man in the Machine  (Read 8308 times)

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Arroyo - Man in the Machine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »
His flow is crazy.

Offline Joy-Marie

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 07:07:38 PM »
Loooove love love!

He's a good friend and very talented traceur.

Thanks for posting Ashley.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
Anytime. :)

I love his flow. He is a amazing traceur.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
The kong precision punch double front was not only insane, but very very clean as well. Kudos.
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
god i love this kid ;D ;D ;D ;D
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
Yeah, whatever. He just steals my moves.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline daggerx222

• Patas
  • Parkour and freerunning for over 6 years.
    • View Profile
    • MY YOUTUBE
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
The kong precision punch double front was not only insane, but very very clean as well. Kudos.
He kind of over rotated onto his face and tried to make it look smooth don't you think?
Love is a four letter word.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
He kind of over rotated onto his face and tried to make it look smooth don't you think?

LOL Kong precision double front to roll that was just okay..... I am not perfect but look at the complexity of what I am linking together. Please be a little more conscious of the difficulty.

BTW Ashley thanks for posting this on here, I really don't come on the forums too much because of all the politics so I usually just stick to training, but thanks for putting it up and I hope to train with everybody soon..
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline MThomasfreerun

• Mangabey
  • We all start with nothing.
    • View Profile
    • MThomasfreerun's Youtube Page
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »
LOL Kong precision double front to roll that was just okay..... I am not perfect but look at the complexity of what I am linking together. Please be a little more conscious of the difficulty.

BTW Ashley thanks for posting this on here, I really don't come on the forums too much because of all the politics so I usually just stick to training, but thanks for putting it up and I hope to train with everybody soon..

I've found it doesn't matter all the good/creative/new things you put in a video people will pick out what wasn't "perfect" and rail on it. I've honestly never seen someone do a kong precision punch double front, let alone in a spot like that. I had to rewind cause I was caught off guard, heh.  That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to practice more and get better.

@Dagger: I say if you're gonna talk smack you better get your ass out there and do it yourself...
"Obstacles - I go over, under, right through, around 'em" - Shed Light

www.pkout.com

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Word. Haters gonna hate.
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline steve dahlin

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »
Daniel Arroyo is the worlds fastest man.
I like Tricking and Free Running, i don't think i actually do parkour, because i do it for fun and self expression, which would change the term to free running.

Offline Jacob Scoville

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • PrintSquid
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »
I've found it doesn't matter all the good/creative/new things you put in a video people will pick out what wasn't "perfect" and rail on it. I've honestly never seen someone do a kong precision punch double front, let alone in a spot like that. I had to rewind cause I was caught off guard, heh.  That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to practice more and get better.

that was one of my favorite parts in the video. Because in one of his older videos he had done a kong to precession to front at that same spot and now he adds the double front.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
btw.... he kinda like.... y'know.... jumped... a pool
just sayin
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
Yeah, whatever. He just steals my moves.

Lol, Andrew. 

Good job on the video Danny, I've been seeing it everywere today, you're so popular! ;D  Seriously though, boss vid.  The focus on creativity stuff gave it a really nice vibe.  Plus, you know, the dubfront...also pretty cool.

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »
Awesome job, as always. I love the stride power. The editing was excellent as well. :)

I see what you mean.

@Everyone: Yeah, Dagger isn't complimenting the video. So what? Is he being a dick? Talking smack? Not from what I can see. He's simply pointing out something he noticed in the video. He even phrased it as a question, which takes even more of the edge off of it. Not sure I see the need to rip on him for pointing something out in a decent manner.

One does not need to be a parkour "master" to see where someone else can improve in their training. Any of us could watch a video of Belle, Oleg, SkyNative, Livewire, Vigroux, or any other practitioner and point out areas where we think they could improve. And, what makes a comment automatically invalid if the person saying it cannot do the move? Should I disregard comments, advice, or observations from people that aren't yet as skilled at something as I am?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:30:10 PM by Andy Keller »
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline MThomasfreerun

• Mangabey
  • We all start with nothing.
    • View Profile
    • MThomasfreerun's Youtube Page
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 07:24:44 AM »

@Everyone: Yeah, Dagger isn't complimenting the video. So what? Is he being a dick? Talking smack? Not from what I can see. He's simply pointing out something he noticed in the video.

I think it's more that it's ALL he pointed out. several minutes of video and he couldn't even say "nice pants," or anything positive. The move he's talking about is probably one of the most difficult moves in the video, and he's nit-picking it for slightly (very slightly) over-rotating. He even accuses Arroyo of "trying to make it look smooth" which is a slight knock on Arroyo's credibility.

He even phrased it as a question, which takes even more of the edge off of it. Not sure I see the need to rip on him for pointing something out in a decent manner.

"Man, those 3run pukes are a bunch of butt-lickers, don't you think?"  Just because something is phrased as a question doesn't mean it's not insulting/derogatory...

One does not need to be a parkour "master" to see where someone else can improve in their training. Any of us could watch a video of Belle, Oleg, SkyNative, Livewire, Vigroux, or any other practitioner and point out areas where we think they could improve. And, what makes a comment automatically invalid if the person saying it cannot do the move? Should I disregard comments, advice, or observations from people that aren't yet as skilled at something as I am?

As for the first part, I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with suggestions or comments on where someone can improve, regardless of their actual or perceived training and prowess. However, even Arroyo himself noted that some acknowledgment of the difficulty should play into such criticism, and I believe he is right.

As for disregarding comments/advice from people that aren't as skilled at something, well...I'd say that it depends. Someone who doesn't fully understand the dynamics of a movement or the difficulties of execution, or even environmental factors that you can't see in a video may not be informed enough to make instructive comments.

In any event, just my thoughts on it. I'm just a bit tired of people with nothing positive to say on here...
"Obstacles - I go over, under, right through, around 'em" - Shed Light

www.pkout.com

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 07:43:02 AM »
Thanks for the post Ash! I love his style, its different. He's very smooth.
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 08:47:11 AM »

You're welcome! :)

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »
I think it's more that it's ALL he pointed out. several minutes of video and he couldn't even say "nice pants," or anything positive. The move he's talking about is probably one of the most difficult moves in the video, and he's nit-picking it for slightly (very slightly) over-rotating. He even accuses Arroyo of "trying to make it look smooth" which is a slight knock on Arroyo's credibility.

"Man, those 3run pukes are a bunch of butt-lickers, don't you think?"  Just because something is phrased as a question doesn't mean it's not insulting/derogatory...

As for the first part, I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with suggestions or comments on where someone can improve, regardless of their actual or perceived training and prowess. However, even Arroyo himself noted that some acknowledgment of the difficulty should play into such criticism, and I believe he is right.

As for disregarding comments/advice from people that aren't as skilled at something, well...I'd say that it depends. Someone who doesn't fully understand the dynamics of a movement or the difficulties of execution, or even environmental factors that you can't see in a video may not be informed enough to make instructive comments.

In any event, just my thoughts on it. I'm just a bit tired of people with nothing positive to say on here...

I think Andy's point in his post is, Dagger didn't break any rules (despite his lousy attitude), so lets stop wasting posts on re-attacking Dagger, and focus on the incredible video that was just posted by an incredibly skilled traceur. No need to dwell.

Danny, this video is crazy man. I love how well you've balanced your explosive power, your flow, and your creativity. Usually you see one or two of those things, but rarely all three in such an equilibrium.

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member