Author Topic: Moving to Hawaii for a while  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
Moving to Hawaii for a while
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
Hello Hawaii!  It turns out I'm going to be working in the islands for about the next 5 months.  I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the community while I'm there and seeing your training areas.

I'll be working on an NCL cruise ship circling Hawaii, making ports of call in Honolulu, Maui (Kahului), Hilo, Kona, and Kauai every week.  My training time is going to be limited and scattered but if I can get some contact info I'll do my best to keep in touch and train with you all as much as possible.

My plane is arriving in Honolulu Int'l Airport Dec. 4th.  Unfortunately they're telling me to head straight for the ship so I won't get a chance to train right away.  Still, if anyone would be so kind as to give me a ride to the port, it'd be great to get to meet somebody at least and grab a quick bite to eat.  (I can throw you some cash too!  It'll save me taxi monies, lol.)

Anyway that's it, let me know if you'd like to meet up.  I'm excited to be heading your way, can't wait to be there!  Hope to see you all soon,
-Graham Hughes

*EDIT*  Btw, I didn't post this in the "introduce yourself" section cause I'm not really going to be on any specific island all the time.  Hope that's cool.  :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:40:57 PM by Graham Hughes »

turtlekarma

Re: Moving to Hawaii for a while
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
sup guy, my name's ryan furuya and I'm a local here on oahu.  I should be free on the 4th.  let me know when you get in and I'm pretty sure I can give you a ride.  Depending on when you arrive it should take about 30mins-45mins to get from airport to the ship.  we usually have community jams on sundays so if you're down to train the next day can.  Have you been to Oahu before?  Cause if not you might like to go to a more scenic place to train then the typical urban setting we might pick for a jam.  my number is 8087544800.  let me know when you get in

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »
Thanks man, I'll hit you up.  Unfortunately I depart the island within hours of flying in, so I won't be able to stick around and train. 

My understanding is that the ship does a fixed-schedule 7-day cruise every week, so I may only be able to train on Oahu Friday-Saturdays, Maui Tuesdays or whatever.  Won't know for sure til I get there.  Basically I doubt I'll be able to hit up the regular jams, so I'll have to catch you guys for more chill sesisons whenever anyone's available.  And no I've never been to Oahu before, but urban or scenic, it's all good.  I'll have plenty of chances to explore solo anyway.  :)

Anyway, I arrive around 4:00pm.  I'll give you a call before Saturday to make sure we're all good.  Peace!

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
Graham, welcome man. I think you already got my info but Ill be in mainland when you arrive. I come back on the 13th, so hit me up any time. Well chill, train, kick it, whatevahhhh
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
Sure thing man.  I don't think I got your number actually.

Offline AndrewL

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »
If you are still making stops in Kauai, feel free to get in touch. JC just moved here too. He is ADAPT certified
Motion for motion's sake