Author Topic: creatine  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
creatine
« on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
yet another question  ::)  i have temporarily changed my goals and im tring to gain about 10lbs for interviews with the fire department and local gyms.  im focusing on sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (westside for skinny bastards III) and my diet is right were it should be, but i want to start taking creatine to speed up the process.  i took amplified creatine 189 from gnc back in highschool and gained quite a bit of weight, but it was expensive as hell so im wondering if any of you guys know of a better brand. 
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: creatine
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
If you want to order online I'd check out Biotest. You can get 160 servings for $20. It's german micronized creatine. I'm getting some soon.
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
$20 thats what im talkin about! :o
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Brian O'Neil

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
Go to bodybuilding.com. They will have prices, reviews, etc.

But buying shitty creatine is like buying shitty protein, not worth it.
Action without thought is like shooting without aim.

Advising is easier than helping.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »
ya i tried that, but there is way to much bs on that site.  i feel like im walking into gnc when i go on there

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
Creatine is most effective in the cheapest form you can find.  Any basic and generic creatine monohydrate will do.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Erick

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Survival3000
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »
Im not going to bad mouth creatine.  But there are a lot of people that say that it is safe and the other half say that its dangerous for your kidneys so i wouldn't recomment anyone just because i don't really know if the argument is true for either side, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  Have you tried weight gainer? it cost like $40 at amazon

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
People say a lot of things.  Ever find a research study that says creatine is unsafe?  Didn't think so.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
Im not going to bad mouth creatine.  But there are a lot of people that say that it is safe and the other half say that its dangerous for your kidneys so i wouldn't recomment anyone just because i don't really know if the argument is true for either side, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  Have you tried weight gainer? it cost like $40 at amazon

1. weight gainer is way worse than creatine
2. creatine is not bad for your kidneys. If you think it is then prove this.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Erick

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Survival3000
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
People say a lot of things.  Ever find a research study that says creatine is unsafe?  Didn't think so.

first of all don't get shitty. second of all i said I'm not sure IF these arguments are true or not.  third of all,  I agree with you, a lot of people say things and that includes the research studies

Offline Erick

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Survival3000
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
1. weight gainer is way worse than creatine
2. creatine is not bad for your kidneys. If you think it is then prove this.

I said earlier, i'm not trying to bad mouth creatine so i don't know why people are tryin to act funny with me. Its funny how people get mad when i only said that there are a lot of people that "say" creatine is not safe for your kidneys and the other half "say" its safe.  You want me to prove it why should i, i didn't say the shit was bad.  You act like i wrote these articles saying its bad for you lol.  I was just pointing out that theres a big debate on creatine being safe or not   Its hard to prove anything these days because a lot of people say things.

just keep this in mind, keep doing what works for you.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 03:35:23 PM »
will do friend  btw i don't think anyone was trying to be shitty to you. its just how typing turns out sometimes.  also i can see how the weight gainer might trigger a less than pleasant response especially on these forums.   i believe i will be getting the biotest creatine from t-nation if i can ever get logged in ::)

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »
Didn't mean to offend.  Neither Steven nor I did.  My apologies if you interpreted a tone of voice that wasn't there.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »
There is no debate whether creatine is safe or not.

It's safe unless you specifically have kidney problems.

Also, don't get your panties in a bunch. If you're going to post recommending or not recommending anything then do your research first or just don't say anything. Saying it may be good or it may be bad is not contributing to the conversation.

Whether you take offense to this is up to you.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:53:35 AM by Steven Low »
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »
Weight gainer is usually full of metabolic crap. I wouldn't recommend using it.

Offline Erick

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Survival3000
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »
Didn't mean to offend.  Neither Steven nor I did.  My apologies if you interpreted a tone of voice that wasn't there.

Actually its not your fault, i shouldn't of blown up on you two like that.  My apologies. I was going to pick it up creatine but I'm hearing that its good, its bad so i wasn't really sure about the product so i was like since i don't know the real deal im not gonna mess with it.  But yeah keep using what works for you.  My metabolism is really fast so i use weight gainer, but try no to use milk all the time. 

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »
haha oh dear.  i drink nearly 1/4 gallon of organic whole milk per day.  i try not to eat processed carbs unless it is within an hour of heavy exercise so i would never use mass XXX or whatever they are selling now days.   i try to get all my extra callories from better sources like foods high in fat and protein

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 07:09:01 PM »
Milk is just fine.

Carbs, sugar, and protein immediately post workout is good. Raise glycogen levels back up, carbs with the protein.