Author Topic: visiting Brush  (Read 2359 times)

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
visiting Brush
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »
I will be spending a few days in Brush, with family, for Thanksgiving. During this time I may be able to talk someone who knows the area into taking me somewhere, but are there any parkour hotspots specifically in Brush?
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: visiting Brush
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »
as far as i know, brush is a dinky town on the prairie. no hotspots that i know of unless you fancy cow vaulting and corn field jumping.

but seriously, if you want to come see the REAL colorado, id be happy to show you around denver or boulder for some top notch parkour hotspots.

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:51:46 PM »
as far as i know, brush is a dinky town on the prairie. no hotspots that i know of unless you fancy cow vaulting and corn field jumping.

I'd probably bounce off the cows at an embarrassing (lack of) height, and I'm depressingly unable to leap over tall corn stalks in a single bound ;)

but seriously, if you want to come see the REAL colorado, id be happy to show you around denver or boulder for some top notch parkour hotspots.

I do want to, but the airlines won't let us take vehicles as carry-on luggage, so I'll be deprived of the usual transportation options while I'm there (we're getting rides from family members who live in Colorado).
I give you this:

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 12:19:31 AM »
thats a bummer. i dont know of any traceurs up there. i dont really know anything about up there. its kindve like a lost part of colorado...heh.

good luck though, i am sure you can find something to do at a park or school!

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:35:39 PM »
good luck though, i am sure you can find something to do at a park or school!

I found what used to be a school. They took away several things, including the playground.

I found a mini-playground in the park at a (public) library. I saw potential in a hoop of metal about one foot wide, adjacent to the stairs as if for assistance in climbing. I raced toward it to practice hopping over, and immediately realized the one fatal flaw in my plan:

Playgrounds have sand. Several inches of it. Utterly ruining your running speed.

It might have given way too much under leaps too, but I didn't even get that far. I gave up partway to it, and left.

Several porches, with railings, also failed sanity testing for usefulness. I might have found something more useful at the airport, but I didn't even bother looking, for what should hopefully be obvious reasons in today's world ;)
I give you this:

Offline Kai Mook

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • To fall is not to fail You fail when you don't try
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:14:57 PM »
Why not take the bus to a bigger town? The bus does run out there, right?

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:32:42 PM »
Why not take the bus to a bigger town? The bus does run out there, right?

I had to stay with my group. Non-local side trips were out of the question.
I give you this: