Author Topic: another supplement thread  (Read 897 times)

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
another supplement thread
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »
I did use the search bar for vitamins and for supplements. Most pages had something about them so it was impossible to wade through all of them. This is the new one I made.

So I have been doing research on vitamens and supplements for the last couple day and decided that I should take the following

Fish-oil
Glucosamine
a multi-vitamin
and possibly MSM.

Fish oil for obvious reasons, Glucosamine for joint health. I am a lot more active then I used to be and have had knee and ankle trouble for a lot of my life. I have corrected my walking, shoes and I will start strength training as soon as the bone bruise on my knee goes away (not parkour related injury. I ran it into the corner of a table while it was bent so it hit between the joints.) But I am in several joint stressing activities and thought it may be a good idea. A multi-vitamin to make sure i get everything that I need and I used to take one but stopped after I moved to collage. MSM because I recently hurt my tendon and wanted to make sure that I would from now on keep it at optimal health. And I saw Steven suggested it in another thread specifically about that.

Several questions now. I have looked online and all the "guides" to choosing a good supplement take you to a particular brand, aren't very helpful and the brand isn't  what I am looking for and look shady. 

So first how do you choose a good brand or particular supplement or are there any particular brands you would recommend? Because I trust you guys to give me a good one. (I would still like some guide lines so I can choose them myself someday)  Also would these be good choices of supplements to take in general or would you suggest something else?   

Any other helpful comments would be appreciated.

Offline Brian O'Neil

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: another supplement thread
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
I will suggest Orange Triad. It will provide joint support without having to take more pills, also it provides digestive support. But don't take the recommended dose. I take 2 pills daily, once when I wake up, once with dinner. I still piss out a lot of the vitamins in it, so it's more a waste to take anything more.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orangetriad.html
Action without thought is like shooting without aim.

Advising is easier than helping.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
As long as you are eating correctly you probably dont need anything except fish oil... maybe vitamin D but traceurs are outside a lot so maybe not
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »
As long as you are eating correctly you probably dont need anything except fish oil... maybe vitamin D but traceurs are outside a lot so maybe not
Assuming you have the money to support it, there is no danger in taking other stuff to make sure your bases are covered? I don't see efficiency in taking vitamins to be very important :P
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.