Author Topic: Channel One News  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
Channel One News
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
(For those of you who aren't familiar with Channel One, it's a news network designed for classroom use broadcasted every morning to thousands of schools across the US.)

So, i'm watching our daily Channel One News feature in first period this morning and I hear "Next up, a new form of exercise that originated on the street is making its way into the gym." Bam. Commercial.

At this point i'm thinking "Nahhhhh no way." Commercials end, and lo and behold, they did a segment on Parkour this morning. As soon as it's mentioned, everyone in the room turns to me, or says my name. I'm not excited about this because, well, Traceurs haven't exactly been hitting it off with the news recently, and i'm a little worried that this is going to be one of those thrill seeker announcements where everyone is shown jumping off of huge objects and flips are abundant.

Boy was I wrong. I'd like to thank Tyson Cecka and all the other practitioners in the Seattle area for making sure that this report was done right. There were zero shots of building jumps, and almost the entirety of the section was shot in a gym. Safety, training, and basics were heavily emphasized. I was very impressed. Thanks for getting a good name out there for us guys!
brushing your teeth helps you lose weight?

hmmm....

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Channel One News
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
I don't know enough about this news so do you think that you could find a link to the actual spot.

Offline Dan M.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
http://www.channelone.com/life/sports/parkour/

It's played in my school most mornings, but not this morning.  :(
Goals
Backflip
B-Twist
Smooth Wall-Run

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
  • It's always good to change your perspective.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:59 AM »
That's awesome. I wish I was still in high school just so I could have watched that.
I'm gonna show you how great I am.