Author Topic: Water Consumption  (Read 9943 times)

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
Water Consumption
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »
Maybe this should be 'how much is too much' or something of the like. Anyway, for the past week I've been trying to up my water intake. Before I didn't think I was taking in enough. So anyway, the past week I've taken in about a gallon of water per day. Some people say this is too much but I don't think it is.

Obviously the first day or two it felt like I had to pee every 10 minutes. After that I was fine though.

I'm about 5'10" 167 pounds 15 years old. Do you think that much water is fine? What would you recommend?
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Water Consumption
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Just make sure your drinking distilled or filtered water, youd be smart to stay away from tap or unfiltered, or water with anything ''added'' to it...
They say your suppose to drink half your body weight in ounces, but i just drink whatever i feel like drinking for that day. But side note, 95% of the time all I drink is water, unless I make juice from fresh squeezed fruit, I dont consume any other form of liquid by choice which is also wise.

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »
@Artisticflow: Sweet Bill Hicks quote in your sig.

@OP:  Recommended water intake for most people is half a gallon to a gallon.  You should be golden.

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 05:30:56 PM »
Thanks guys.

Artisticflow - it's been filtered.
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
There's nothing really wrong with tap water...

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »
There's nothing really wrong with tap water...

Umm are you serious... Yea theres nothing wrong with it other than its concoction of chemicals, and pharmaceuticals and metals, and chlorine, and our loving gov't is even adding lithium and sodium fluoride to it (like in your toothpaste) which in reality is a poison...
Just in case your not being sarcastic, ill provide some information which only took me 2 minutes to provide below of a few reasons why not to drink tap..

Fluoridated water truth
http://www.infowars.com/fluoride-direct-engagement-to-incite-public-inquiry/

Pharmaceuticals in our water supply causing bizarre mutations in wild life.
http://www.alternet.org/environment/59305/

10 Reasons to not drink tap water
http://ezinearticles.com/?Dont-Drink-Tap-Water---10-Reasons-Why-Not-to-Drink-Tap-Water&id=2086422

Retired brain surgeon interview on the truth of the deliberate added chemicals like fluoride to municipal water supplies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLI5jBN_oyo

I wont go hard core with this topic here, but we are being poisoned people, like I said, drink filtered water, it should only be common sense anyways...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:29:56 PM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
I can provide links too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12y9hSOM0

The fact that humans made it through millions of years of evolution consuming water with "chemicals" (minerals, salts, and metal compounds), I am not too concerned about the water that comes crystal clear through my tap.

Distilled water is pure H20 and missing out on the chemicals (minerals and salts, in particular) is not necessarily good.

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »
I can provide links too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12y9hSOM0

The fact that humans made it through millions of years of evolution consuming water with "chemicals" (minerals, salts, and metal compounds), I am not too concerned about the water that comes crystal clear through my tap.

Distilled water is pure H20 and missing out on the chemicals (minerals and salts, in particular) is not necessarily good.

Ok so I just watched your link, ( and I implore you to view mines)
The video you linked is more concerned about bottled water which doesnt justify or invalidate anything I said regarding tap...
Also that link is meant to keep someone sort of compartmentalized, it doesnt cover any of the issues Ive addressed with tap water.
Where i will agree with your link is that bottled water is usually a scam, and just a way to market tap water. Some have better quality like Zephyrhills, but most i.e. Dasani (coke product) and Aqua-Fina (Pepsi) are just as bad as tap.

I personally have reverse osmosis on my house and is were I get all my drinking water from, anyone who avoids tap for long enough, try drinking it again you will get a bad headache every time, thats speaking from experience..
You say because your water comes out of your faucet crystal clear that its ok to drink? Thats messed up logic, bleach can be clear but does that mean to drink it? Also you say humans made it through millions of years drinking water with chemicals (humans + millions of years doesnt sound right, try a couple hundred thousand lol), well this shouldn't have to be said, but the water then was very different than it is now. There was not as many chemicals in existence that mankind has forged together, and their water supply wasn't nearly as toxic due to basic pollution, and recyclation through a vastly more massive population, and even with that said, in pre industrial society, a lot of the health issues actually came from water sanitation.

Unfortunately, most people may not have water filtration on their home, which in that case they are better off buying distilled gallon jugs from the store. Its nonsense that you will have any 'deficiencies from lack of 'minerals' from drinking distilled water.. And if some how you did, that would just mean that your diet is deficient in said minerals ( which the typical American diet unfortunately is very dead and deficient.) Thus, you should not exactly be relying on water for 'minerals' in the first place,  and even IF there was some worry about missing said minerals, the ''poisons'' you will be avoiding from not drinking tap will far out weigh whatever negative stories that are out there of drinking distilled water.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:09:56 PM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:48:21 AM »
What about well water? It has minerals in it but no chemicals. Well some wells do but mine doesn't.

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 06:51:57 AM »
Id say better if it was still filtered, its probably going to be a hit or miss with well water.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:36 AM »
There is nothing wrong with filtering your water, but the hysteria of avoiding tap water is nonsensical.

Most of the links you posted are not what I would call reputable sources.  For example, from EZinearticlees.

1. Roughly 10% of all the water we drink has been used before; there's no such thing as NEW tap water!

What the hell does that even mean?  All of the water on earth has likely been used before.

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:42 AM »
There is nothing wrong with filtering your water, but the hysteria of avoiding tap water is nonsensical.

Most of the links you posted are not what I would call reputable sources.  For example, from EZinearticlees.

What the hell does that even mean?  All of the water on earth has likely been used before.

I had a feeling your only response was going to be in the form of saying what I posted was not credible, because you really have no counter argument for
the points Ive brought up other than your opinion. Like " the hysteria of avoiding tap water is nonsensical" - which is completely wrong, and Ive already explained why, but how about you emphasis on what you said.

As far as the article, I didnt sit and study the article picking the best article to post, like I said, links found in a 2min search just to make a quick point.
If you really want me to invest time into dropping a load of information of why not to drink tap water ( which should be common sense) then we can do that...

To be blunt, drinking tap water is not healthy for many reasons, and poisons are being added to municipal water supplies, that is a fact.
Regardless of what you 'think' is credible, Infowars.com is a site full of healthy alternative truth seeker information breaking the controlled false paradigms of the mainstream. Youd learn a lot there...
http://www.infowars.com/poison-tap-water/

Why dont you get a water analyst to test your tap water (ive done this) and youll see what your really filtering out for yourself, and if you do, youd be delusional to still think tap water is ok...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:08:40 AM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »
So angry.

Yes, public drinking is underfunded and it is not ideal...but if you drink tap water you won't die instantly like these sites are saying you will.  90% of the population today is living well into their 70s and 90% of them drink tap water.  Figures are speculative, of course, but its not shocking.

I have yet to see peer reviewed journal articles that show any sort of negative effects of prolonged tap water consumption.  Your sites are speculative.  Filtered water is probably safest, but the hysteria is uncalled for.

Of course, I have no "counter proof" because no such counter proof exists.  No reputable studies have been produced on this, and there isn't even strong anecdotal evidence that tap water "kills you" or is "poison" aside from water testing kits that prove there are compounds within the water.  These compounds are only a problem if you consume more of them than your body can flush out which is apparently not the case because we aren't all dead yet.

Its not like Roman times when lead in roman aqueducts was driving everyone mad.

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
So angry.

Not at all, but since you brought it up, now this is a point that needs to be made, nothing against you personally.

Yes, public drinking is underfunded and it is not ideal...but if you drink tap water you won't die instantly like these sites are saying you will.  90% of the population today is living well into their 70s and 90% of them drink tap water.  Figures are speculative, of course, but its not shocking.

No you will not die instantly, the sites are not claiming that either. A term for this is soft kill, which is something that is degenerative and kills you slowly while putting you in a state of dependence on pharmaceuticals while dramatically shortening the average lifespan.. They are doing this with the food supply also... You say 90% of the population today is living well into their 70s? Well human lifespan naturally is suppose to be over 100, but even if you dont believe that, thats fine but you must at least understand that people who are now 50+ years old, they did not grow up having the same poisons in their water, food, and air as we do now. The current young generations will not out live their grand parents, or maybe not even their parents, unless they are fully educated in proper natural organic eating and avoidance of these poisons and drugs..

Did you know that its already admitted by the CDC that cancer and heart disease will affect every 1 in 3 Americans; and close behind, but ever increasing diabetes 1 in 4 Americans, and etc... To think we are living longer is naive.

US ranks 49th in life expectancy, and 1st in Health care costs-
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/25/us-performance-on-life-expectancy-and-health-care-costs.aspx

To get a little more hardcore for you, none of this is by mistake either. I wasnt trying to touch on this here but this IS profitable depopulation. And as far as what you said about public water being underfunded, well our corrupt government is actually FUNDING the addition of lithium and sodium fluoride to your water for  "Behavioral modification on the populace." which has been admitted-
( Btw, fluoride is also a active ingredient in prozac.)

Lithium in drinking water ( Keep in mind these news reporters aka media gate keepers, they will not tell you the truth, almost everything is wrong with what they are saying about adding these chemicals to the water, their job is to train the ignorant public to think its ok to be forced medicated.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqRqC5Z6sGs

http://thedailybite.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/neoconservative-think-tank-considers-adding-lithium-to-public-water-supply-to-control-crime-using-suicide-reduction-as-excuse/

Sodium fluoride and forced drugging of America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GG3wTAx6Q

In the beginning of this next link, what more proof do you need?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bqW0Hu3yGY&feature=related

I have yet to see peer reviewed journal articles that show any sort of negative effects of prolonged tap water consumption.  Your sites are speculative.  Filtered water is probably safest, but the hysteria is uncalled for.

Side note, now days most mainstream peer reviewed journals are fraudulent anyways when you understand that the very same institutions that are pushing their poisons or points of views on the masses are the same ones funding the research. Smoke and mirrors...

Also you say my sites are speculative, no they are just giving the hardcore facts, especially when earlier I linked to you a retired brain surgeon Dr Russell Blaylock, who is specially speaking on the points I have brought up.

Of course, I have no "counter proof" because no such counter proof exists.  No reputable studies have been produced on this, and there isn't even strong anecdotal evidence that tap water "kills you" or is "poison" aside from water testing kits that prove there are compounds within the water.  These compounds are only a problem if you consume more of them than your body can flush out which is apparently not the case because we aren't all dead yet.

No, there are plenty of counter points that exist, its just what you consciously choose to believe that matters. It is well studied of what the effects of said chemicals do to the human body. What isnt well studied is what said chemicals simultaneously mixing with other chemicals from numerous different sources do to the body throughout ones life span, which adds to my points even further of reasons to avoid...
Also once again its not about you dieing or getting extremely sick after you consume it, that would be idiotic and too obvious.
Specifically speaking on whats been added to the water supplies rather than whats naturally finding its way in there, sodium Fluoride, and a lot of the compounds in the water fall under the category of soft kill, and behavioral modification because they are modifying YOU...
This was done in the holocaust with the fluoride-
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=fluoride+used+in+holocaust&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-892

Another side note- Im sorry folks but yes this is the same fluoride thats in your toothpaste too, your best bet buy alternative brands of toothpaste from a health food store that have no fluoride, or use aluminum free baking soda to brush- old school.

Its not like Roman times when lead in roman aqueducts was driving everyone mad.

But on the contrary, it is...

I know this is a bit hardcore, but this is the truth, and I was provoked to tell it...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:15:03 AM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline TimothyJS

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »
Those are some big stats you're using but they aren't that relevant.  Let me know when you succumb to fluorosis.

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »
Those are some big stats you're using but they aren't that relevant.  Let me know when you succumb to fluorosis.

Emphasize? If your talking about life expectancy stats, no they are not directly related to tap water if thats what your saying, obviously there are many variables, but it was a supporting point I wanted to make.. Trying to find were what you said fits in this debate, fluorosis yes, its another side effect of fluoride... I understand this information is not popular or convenient to know, things of this nature never are, but if your going to debate it cool, but please emphasize your points against the points I have made, and against whats being said in the links Ive provided, lets keep this simple.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:28:27 AM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »
lol

unles there's heavy metals in your water supply you probably shoudl be focusing more on what you eat than the water you're drinking
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Artisticflow87

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
lol

unles there's heavy metals in your water supply you probably shoudl be focusing more on what you eat than the water you're drinking

Sigh, well im pretty sure heavy metals will be in just about everyone's tap water. Look im not trying to be a dick about this guys but how I see it, considering our bodies are more than 50% water, under what basis is the quality of the water we are drinking less significant than the food we are eating? Honestly this is not something you can compare between the two, you should be worried about your food AND your water. It is what it is...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:16:52 AM by Artisticflow87 »

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
Re: Your first post

TL;DR

Re: Your following posts

I understand you feel passionately about this and I am conceding/agreeing with you that filtered water is the best option - but villainizing tap water when it isn't all that bad for you is not something I am on board with.

FYI, in a good diet, a fair amount of your water intake comes form your food, not from your drinking habits.  Just another reason to focus more on ethical eating (locally grown produce, pasture-reared animal sources, etc.).

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »
To give you a bit of perspective, when I read your posts, I think of the Dihydrogen Monoxide hoax that happened a while back...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

I feel your fears are misplaced...