Author Topic: Traceurs generally have the same things in common?  (Read 11121 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Traceurs generally have the same things in common?
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
ADD:  "Oh look, something shiny!"
ADHD: "Oh look, something shiny, let's chase it!"

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
No ADD/ADHD here. But I have my hyper moments.
I dunno about my humor.
I don't consider myself intelligent but I got decent grades.
Sports = meh. I don't mind the rules and whatnot.
Definitely nerdy. :P

Seems like a lot of traceurs/traceuses are artists. I include myself here. That's all I can think of at the moment.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Sarai Brock

• PREGGERZ!
  • Ambassador
  • Patas
  • Life is a fairytale touched by the hand of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
This description doesn't fit me at all... I don't have adhd... I am pretty random... I was a total needy bookworm all growing up... & I absolutely despise any kind of sport & always have.... mostly because I suck at sports...  I do parkour because I was fat & now I'm fit.... & because its fun to do with my fiance.
Because that's the way I tuck and roll...

Offline Seth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »

-ADD or ADHD - usually untreated.
-Random as hell humor
-very intelligent, but the grades don't/didn't show it. generally lack of interest in school
-good at sports but dislike the rules (might not do school sports purely because of the rulebook for them)
 and a bunch of stuff like that.

I have ADH-... SQUIRREL!!!
I am extremely random. 
Very intelligent.  Grades do show it, however.
Love sports (Parkour, soccer, ultimate frisbee, track, cross country, golf, swimming, etc)  Dislike a lot of stupid rules.

I AM A FRIGGIN TRACEUR PEOPLE!!!  (<--- Random side of my personality!)

Offline Erus de Parkour

• Patas
  • I'm A traceur for God
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
Well, most of these descriptions describe me as well. I dont have ADD or ADHD, but I have a brother who does, maybe two... yeah, so I really don't know. I usually have a good sense of humor. Pretty intelligent, I think. And at times I am more hyper than most children are when they drink an energy drink and a latte. I love sports also. Sports are awesome. sports are good for you... and many other things. Yeah, Im tired right now, so no random shall be displayed... yet
“Parkour belongs to the ones who live it, not the ones who want to live thanks to it” -David Belle

365 Day Challenge

Offline momo13004

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2011, 02:04:10 AM »
Really good points..Im not sure about the ADD/ADHD cause the man in white and me don't get along well at all  :(..I'm as random as a bird on a printer and i test very high on my major tests but my grades are...ehh.. any who i like sports but hate the rules cause if i want to dropkick someone then dang it i will  >:(.. so in the end i feel like part of a group.. but i know complete opposites of me who are down with parkour all the way..but good observation man i never really paid attention to it like that but ya on to something there  :)

Offline Kyle

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »
This would be more valid if this didn't describe everyone in the world.

This is an example of a vague comparison, that you're going to always going to be able to find some form of comradery with. If I made the claim that all traceurs are the same, because we all need oxygen to live, I'm sure someone would call foul.

1)Most people these days have ADHD. Most of those people don't even know what parkour is.
2)Most people are random. Finding someone serious and calculated is a far more difficult and rare thing to find.
3) EVERYONE thinks they are intelligent. Everyone here has said that. Which of us is going to say, "No, that's not me. I'm a retard." Likely no one. Usually when they do, they're trying to be funny. This coupled with a high percentage of people failing school, you're always going to run into someone who claims they're very intelligent but don't have the grades to back it up.
4)This is much the same as intelligence. Most people, particularly traceurs, will be reluctant to claim they were bad at sports. Everyone hates rules. Part of life.

Anyways. My point is that this proves nothing and I truly hope that none of us are remotely alike. That would be the most blatantly boring community on this planet and if there's anything I enjoy about most of you, is that you remind me so little of myself. Your individuality keeps me amused, not some universal common bond that I share as much with you as I do a hobo.

Offline Cody Bolen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2011, 08:31:11 AM »
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Hannah L

• Patas
  • "It's not an obstacle; It's an OPPORTUNITY."
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
You make some good observations; it seems that those idiosyncrasies display commonly among traceurs/traceuses.
However, I both fit & don't fit the description.
-I have treated ADD, though not diagnosed til high school.
-I guess my humor is random? It's more nerdy than anything else.
-I'm intelligent; have a 4.0.
-I played softball & didn't mind rules there.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge
Nice quote, Cody :)
*Lehigh Valley Parkour (LVPK) member*
*Columbia County Parkour-Bloomsburg University*
*Annoyingly Persistent Traceuse Recruiter*
*Parkour Evangelist*
*Outspokenly Feminist Traceuse*
(In Recovery)

Offline dantheman1590

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »
ADD and ADHD are over-diagnosed bs.  The solution is to just let kids out to do pk! problem solved. ;)