Author Topic: Tampa Bay, Florida Parkour Story  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
Tampa Bay, Florida Parkour Story
« on: November 10, 2006, 06:31:39 PM »
Yeah...it's not my group but another Tampa Bay area Parkour group...but what should've been L' Art Du Desplacement or FRPK they said was Parkour.
Other than that it was a very good interview just hopefully it doesn't get ruined by adrenaline retards that will get hurt all the time and they'll have to put up "NO PARKOUR" Signs
Anyway here it is: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=1413712&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Fluf

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Tampa Bay, Florida Parkour Story
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »
Nice training spots:] and also good video too:]

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »
that scaffolding work at the end was kinda nice but it looked really rehearsed/pre-planned.

that video had no flow at all, i mean i know most of it was freerunning/tricking but in most of those videos you see at least SOME flow/parkour even if its only like 20sec long, this vid didn't even have that.

all style no substance
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
I disagree, Kuro. It was a gym, there were only a couple obstacles, and it was a video showing off some of the "moves" of parkour. I think it did that wonderfully, it showed how even with just two real obstacles, there are many ways to overcome them. You can't really have flow when you only have one or two obstacles.

Offline Gleb

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:10:37 PM »
i live near tampa bay (sarasota) and ive never heard of these guys. there was also flips in that video. im not a ANIT-FLIP traceur, however if there gonna call it parkour at least dont do flips. it gives people the wrong idea.
The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:35:35 AM »
Yeah...I got in an argument with them about it. Like I said, what they thought was Parkour was FRPK. And yeah they've been around longer than the droup I'm in(Urban Velocity)
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle