Author Topic: APK iPhone APP  (Read 11621 times)

Offline AustinL

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: APK iPhone APP
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
This sounds like a splendid idea!
Though I dont have the money for an iphone,if I did own one I would def get this and pay a dollar for it.
You only live once...

Offline Haydn Jones

• Guenons
  • Practice does not make perfect only better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
I know this would be very hard and take ALOT of updates to make it good but it would be very cool and helpful if there was a section for "troubleshooting" vaults and flips. Like if you suddenly are not able to do your kongs right you could look in this section because your not supposed to post on this app. it could look like this

Kongs
Problem: Hitting toes on table
Answer: Dive higher (probably not correct)
Problem: Not making it across table
Answer: What take off are you using and push off harder.

Frontflip
Problem: Not rotating enough
Answer: Tuck more

and on and on for alot of the vaults flips and other thing like back hand springs.  You dont have to add this but it would be very helpful to many and a life saver (if you will) to all beginners
I do parkour in my pajamas:)
Gravity is the one obstacle we should not and never over come
For without gravity there would be no Parkour.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
The only issues with that are these:

1. More Data (and I would make this data available locally as best I could, meaning you don't have to go online) means a bigger, clunkier app, especially if it's graphically pleasing at all.
2. The videos are intended to not only instruct you in the basis of learning new movements but also to optimize them to their highest potential by watching the videos over and over and performing the movement. Most of the time, when people fall, they instantly realize what they've done wrong.

If I am wrong about this then I will of course make the updates!
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline Haydn Jones

• Guenons
  • Practice does not make perfect only better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
Oh i understand what you mean. When do you think this app will come out but you dont have to be exact or anything. I want to know because i am really excited for this app
I do parkour in my pajamas:)
Gravity is the one obstacle we should not and never over come
For without gravity there would be no Parkour.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »
lol it's gonna be a while. I don't have a mac so all I can do is a webapp... especially since apple dropped their flash support in apps.

If you guys want a webapp, I can do that, otherwise I will have to wait til I can buy a cheap mac or borrow someone else's for extensive periods of time.
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline Tr4c3ur

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
You didnt specify what the app would do, I am assuming it is a mini apk website.
1) yes
2) Yes
3) no
4) yes
5) along with being a mini apk site, I would want tutorial videos and a meet planner like thing on google earth to find other people.
6) I think it should be mainly black and white, or the colors of this site.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
Well I really like all the ideas people have had. For the WOD section, can you please make it so you can cache the last 10 days or so? I have an iPod Touch, and therefore would need to be able to access a lot of the content without internet for this app to be worth having.

If APK would allow it, I think having the basic tuts as part of the app would be awesome. If this isn't allowed I'm sure a few members wouldn't mind making and submitting their own videos to be used as a replacement to the official ones. You COULD always branch your app off into just a parkour app if APK doesn't back you in the end as the only parkour app out there is terrible (last I checked anyways).

I know you want the app to be small, but you have to remember that those of us with iTouches will lose out on all online content as soon as we step out of WiFi range.

I think having the app ad-based would be better than pay as a lot of people do not buy ANY apps. You close yourself, as well as the content of the app, off to anyone who isn't willing to pay for it. However, a lot of apps that are used frequently by people have ads and therefore having an ad-based app will probably not turn anyone off. Don't forget though, that you can always release an ad-supported version as well as a paid ad-free version; this is a popular route among many devs.
I think that your decision should be based more around why you originally thought of making this app, not around making money. I can't say for sure, but I'm going to assume that the idea of this app was solely to make this website readily available to the masses (of iPhone users) and so that more people can benefit from the knowledge contained within this site.
If you're in it for the money, then so be it, but I've never seen APK as "in it for the money"... I think you know where I'm going with this.

Sorry if I'm ranting a bit there. I'm writing up this post at the same time as talking someone out of suicide... I'm in the persuasion/morals/ethics mode
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline Adam Moore

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Cause traffic, don't get stuck in it, take it slow
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »
I absolutely love this idea  ;D
I would pay plenty more then .99 for it too!  And that's from someone who in four years has only bought three apps out of like fifty downloaded hehehe.... 

Although my iPod is a 1st generation and completely unupdated...  So I doubt I could get it anyway hahaha
You can’t meet destiny halfway. You’ve got to jump out, punch the future in the face, and yell I’VE GOT NOTHING LEFT, TOMORROW, I’VE GIVEN IT ALL and hope that maybe the future isn’t going to turn around and lay an awesome flying kick in the center of your face.

Offline Micah.

• Da Best Mayne
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ohai
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2011, 05:16:54 AM »
I didn't read anything in this thread; however, I'm assuming this app would go to iTouches too? Also it should be free.

Offline Patrick Witbrod

• Administrator
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:57 AM »
Micah I'm not sure if Gregg is still working on it extensively. (I'm sure it's in his head) But I was helping him find bugs (as it was a web app) from my touch so yes it will work.

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:37 AM »
How's the development going?
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
Not moving as of now. I have a bunch of school stuff to worry about at the moment but it should pick up in the summer again, assuming I can pull the files off my laptop that just died forever =/

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
  • It's always good to change your perspective.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Just make a mobile version of the website. All you need to do is edit the html code a little bit and add an external style sheet to the head section of the code.
I'm gonna show you how great I am.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
be my guest lol