Author Topic: APK iPhone APP  (Read 11620 times)

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
Re: APK iPhone APP
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
I'm gonna work with that design for now lol it's a lot cleaner than mine. Although, I do not want people to have to get on to APK to add locations. I want them to either be able to use gps to tag their location or offer a manual entry field where they can enter an address or intersection. I was thinking I may make a complimentary web app so that the springboard app has a proprietary online app where most of the info would be shown. Essentially, the springboard app would be a bunch of shortcuts into a webapp streamlined for iPhone. Webapps aren't terribly difficult either.
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline Scags

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Just let me know what you guys need design wise and i'll hook it up.

Also let me know what you like/dislike about any of the interfaces as I am just going to make it as simplistic and clean as possible.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
Scags, please allow a little time for others to submit their designs. I am working with yours right now but I would like everyone to have an equal opportunity at this point.
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline Scags

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
I am.  I just like to finish complete projects that I started regardless though.
Helps build a strong portfolio.

Offline Seth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
1. Does this app make sense for you? Most definitely!!

2. Would you use this app on a regular basis? Is Too-Tall Jones too tall?!?!  YES!

3. Do you or someone you train with have access to an iPhone at all times?  YUP!

4. Would you pay even $.99 for this app? Hell, I'd pay more if I needed to!

5. IF the app were to go in to development, what features would you like to see? Hotspots, mobile forum access, access to videos and pictures, etc.

6. If you have thoughts or ideas, describe what you see when you picture an APK app as far as layout, color scheme, themes, and overall design.Uhmmm...  I'm a writer not a graphic designer... Can't help ya there haha...

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
I like the options you have there. Under My APK I would like to see a similar setup. Have options like my profile, updated topics, although that option is missing on apk (why is that?), and search.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
DEVELOPMENT HAS BEEN FROZEN AT THIS TIME:

Due to new limitations by Apple flash apps will soon be eliminated thus ending the relationship between flash and iPhone. Because I run a pc this was my ONLY app development option. Although, there is hope yet. In the past I have turned my pc into a Mac using a method called hackintosh. I plan on converting my desktop to a Mac over the next few days. I am sorry for the delay and time lost.

Unfortunately Apple is still stuck in their "no third party" ways. Making my development obsolete.

If and only if I can successfully convert my pc into a Mac will the development of this app continue.

Wish me luck!

UPDATE: development has been thawed aha but yeah I found a way to get the ball rolling again so no worries. Most of you have seen it by now though lol.

EDIT: From here on out you can view any updates in the first post. But still, comment and give your opinions!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:07:21 AM by Greg Davis »

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 05:32:49 AM »
New Update (decided to go back to final post updating =P):

I know many of you probably have lost interest or have decided that it's never going to happen but I would like to give you a quick update anyway. The map is almost complete =] The tutorials pages have been built and as of right now it's still running strong. I may have found a way to convert all the html files into a .ipa file which is the file extension for iphone and ipod apps. Anyway, just wanted to share my progress!

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »
Hello and welcome to... My APK =]:

Feel free to make your comments and opinions known.

EDIT: I decided I needed to bring those other screenshots into this post.

Tutorials Page:

Home Screen:

Should have an update for you guys tomorrow. Also, let me know if im updating too much... I can hold out for a bit if youd like.

Quick Update:
I found a way to embed YouTube videos into the app. So that means no more leaving the app for videos. All of the my apk links will take you to mobile safari though. Also, the maps might be embedded or it may take you to mobile safari. It's hard to say right now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:32:26 PM by Greg Davis »

Offline Seth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
I LIKES IT!  I am working on getting an iPhone 4, so this app will either be one of the first I purchase or I will be one of the first to purchase it when it comes out!  Yes, I said when it comes out!  I have full faith in you Greg that you will be able to get this accomplished and I think it will be great!  Awesome job so far!!!

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 04:58:43 AM »
Thanks, I backed off updates and stuff cuz I figured I would leave a little to the imagination...
I am having issues with the map. I am not sure how I am going to get that to work... I am about to pay a developer for that part lol but no money =[ so I will develop everything else until then.

Offline Nick Radanovic

• I'm a champ.
  • Guenons
  • Remember Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
1. Does this app make sense for you?   Just yesterday i actually was looking for an APK app haha so yes :).
2. Would you use this app on a regular basis?   Everyday
3. Do you or someone you train with have access to an iPhone at all times?   Yes
4. Would you pay even $.99 for this app?   Yes, More if needed.
5. IF the app were to go in to development, what features would you like to see?   Forum implementation, Tips and Tricks, Mabey a chat? Itouch 4g capability.
6. If you have thoughts or ideas, describe what you see when you picture an APK app as far as layout, color scheme, themes, and overall design.   An urban design with mostly dark colors.

EDIT- im a bit of a GFX designer so if you need anything done or you need opinions on anything just send me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:36:45 PM by Syzergy »

10 per post member.

Offline Shawn Yang

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Winter Gryphon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
An excellent idea, I will aboslutely buy this, no matter what the price.
Any idea of a release date?
Like can I expect it this year, or no?
Again, I am whole-heartedly behind this idea, there's another parkour app out there that only has some 3 second videos of movements, and this sounds much better.
Like Water shall we flow,
Like Wind shall we move,
Like Fire do we burn to run.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 12:16:02 PM »
Well, the way development WAS going it would have been done by the end of next month BUT with the hotspot map giving me such trouble it may be postponed. I won't be able to develop much in December due to christmas and finals and all. But overall it's about halfway done. It won't be graphically beautiful for two reasons. More graphics means shorter load times plus the program I am using to construct this (due to the fact that I have windows) doesn't allow for a lot of graphic customization.

Thanks for backing me up on this one guys. Let me know if you ever want more screens as I develop =]

Offline Shawn Yang

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Winter Gryphon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31:34 PM »
wait, was this ever clarified?
is this backed officially by APK?
Like Water shall we flow,
Like Wind shall we move,
Like Fire do we burn to run.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
No, not right now as it is still indev but I will be discussing copyrights and finances with Mark when I have something to show him. If he feels that what I have presented here is enough to make him interested I'm sure he will contact me. But like I said, until I have a bit more work done, it's not official.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:22 AM »
Quick Update - Full "Expected" Feature List as of October 29, 2010

- My APK Access allows you to acces your PMs, Your Updated Posts, Search the Forums, and View/Edit Your Profile.
- A fitness section loaded with 77 exercises and 23 fitness articles.
- A WOTD of the day section with a feed straight from the source; APK
- A HotSpot Map with full user customization (upon completetion of this portion I will begin asking for volunteers to moderate the maps as I will not be able to cover it 100% when it picks up usage)
- An Inspiration section with the latest videos from APK's own YouTube page
- A Tutorials section that features 16 video Parkour tutorials and 11 video Freerunning tutorials.

Offline Nick Radanovic

• I'm a champ.
  • Guenons
  • Remember Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 07:31:57 PM »
How about a news feed straight from the APK home page? That would be nice to have if you don't have it already.

10 per post member.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
I do have that, it's under My APK. I forgot about that one. Thanks!

Anything else?

Offline Nick Radanovic

• I'm a champ.
  • Guenons
  • Remember Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »
this is kinda a long shot but maybe put an APK store section in it?

10 per post member.