Author Topic: the most amazing thing  (Read 743 times)

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
  • creating the path to be free- the parkour panda
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
the most amazing thing
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:28 AM »
how cool would it be if they made a college for parkour or a school for it at all? i want ur opinions on this so list them please :)
"no obstacles, no freedom"

Offline MedvisP

• Mangabey
  • Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes.
    • View Profile
Re: the most amazing thing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
My friends and I have actually talked about this quite a bit. We even tried to come up with possible classes that the practitioners could take (philosophy, nutrition, conditioning, technique, etc). I believe this has been discussed here before and most people were against it, claiming it goes against the process of finding your own way and progressing at your own pace. It's definitely a cool concept though...for example, replacing the stairs with precision planks, getting into class by wallclimbing, stuff like that (of course there would be a way for injured practitioners to get in too). It might happen if parkour becomes a mass discipline and actually leads into direct career paths. If not, I doubt many people would leave "regular" school when they could just train in their free time like most of us do now.
Power, balance, freedom.
My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/MedvisP

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook

Offline Austin"Yoshi"

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 03:05:04 PM »
that thread is win this thread is what would be in the city :P, oh and http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,10416.0.html .....just to...throw that out there :P

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
  • creating the path to be free- the parkour panda
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:03:53 AM »
wow i wasnt aware of all these ideas thanks for showing it just hit me the other while i was walking home though cuz i noticed that id trained at my school all summer long to test its potential so i guess it just occured to my mind kinda late XD
"no obstacles, no freedom"