Author Topic: Texas Parkour Jam: Urpising  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Texas Parkour Jam: Urpising
« on: November 29, 2005, 06:39:18 AM »
Here is a video of a jam from the Texas Parkour group.
It was filmed on a day when KVUE news came out and filmed a little story about our group. That will air within the next couple of weeks and I will post that when I have my hands on it, but here is what I made in the mean time.

We are a freestyle group who utilizes freedom of movement and expression and we try to stay within the realm of "true" parkour as much as possible. (My only real complaint about the vis is our general lack of speed) but it was a fun day and who participated had fun.

enough said here it is  http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EVOT8CV2SWQZ1THZGLJTKYRRZ

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

kaos

Re: Texas Parkour Jam: Urpising
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 07:54:13 AM »
You have some pretty awesome places to pk.  Looks like the freestyle makes for some dangerous landings, but sometimes you flowed out of awkward landings well.  I love the music.

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Parkour Jam: Urpising
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »
It was all filmed on UT campus in Austin which is a cool place to jam. Yeah, there are a couple of bad landings on there but we are planning some training sessions so everyone will have a chance to tighten the screws on some of their skills. Glad you liked the music. I like the band The Mars Volta and I feel that song went with our groove we had that day.

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly