Author Topic: Moving to Bristol CT from Albany NY, Help hows the PK Scene (Dave P)  (Read 3449 times)

Offline cliffturn9

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

My names Dave and I have been doing parkour now for a little over 3 years now. I went to Ithaca College graduated there and have been training in Albany NY for awhile. However, I am moving to Bristol CT to start a career for myself. I was wondering what kind of spots if anybody knows are there around Bristol? Hartford?

I would really appreciate any of your guys' help, maybe meet up with people and train if my schedule matches any of you guys'.

Also, here is a link to some videos of me or by me, graduated with a video production degree....Some of you may have seen the documentary about passion and movement a while ago it was on the APK news and youtube channel called 'Move'. That was a project that I shot and edited about parkour, also, I just put out a video recently of me training with some people in Albany check it out.....

Albany PK: http://www.vimeo.com/15076297

'Move': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOQ6b3waqo or http://www.vimeo.com/8396173

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Bristol CT from Albany NY, Help hows the PK Scene (Dave P)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:39:08 PM »
Awesome!  What's up, I'm Shay :).  Yeah, I saw your "Move" vid a while back, loved it.  Can't wait to train with the guy who made it haha.  Awesome stuff.

So you'll be in Bristol?  Cool I'm on the other side of the state, little town called Trumbull :) haha.  It's near Bridgeport.  Anyway, the scene isn't that developed here in CT, but recently we've had a little boom on the graph, with some "Hey let's jam!" jams and such.  Kyle and I have been trying pretty hard to put up a jam.  I think that if ya give us a year, we can develop pretty well.

I'm looking forward to training with you Dave!
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline cliffturn9

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Sounds good guys...yeah so we gotta figure out a time and spot to meet at? I dont know any spots around here

Offline cliffturn9

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:16 AM »
Sounds good man keep me posted, I have been real busy with moving and now working as well not had much time to get out but
Bristol seems to be lacking in great pk spots, let me know whats up. Maybe meet somewhere in between Mystic if you know of anything?

Facebook me, Dave Pierpont

Offline Califf Guzman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
Just moved to Bristol CT from Springfield MA
My roommate owns a parkour gym.
And I frequently go to open gyms. but my group of training partners are primarily trickers.
Always looking for more pk guys to train with