Author Topic: Midlothian VA, any gym to train?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline LoveOfProfit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Midlothian VA, any gym to train?
« on: September 14, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
Hi, here's a copy and paste from the intro forum:

Hello.   :)

Just found this forum recently. I've been reading and doing the APK warmup and WOD's for a little while. Great stuff! It's been making me work some muscle groups that otherwise got neglected. I fairly fit and in decent shape, have an unexplainable desire (need?) to jump onto / over / through obstacles, and decided I might as well tag this love with a name and learn how to do it more professionally, starting with proper rolls etc.

Currently I'm looking for a local gym or something where I could get some 1 on 1 time with an instructor to teach me and spot me while I learn front/back flips, but all the local gymnastics places seem geared towards young kids. Any tips on finding a good place for this, or anyone know a good gym in the Richmond, Virginia area?

In any case, I hope to learn a lot here, and hopefully I'll become an active member here as I learn new things.   8)

Only thing to add is I'm a grad student at VCU, studying for my MA in financial economics.

So as the post says, anyone know of a gym I could learn to do front/backflips safely?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
Re: Midlothian VA, any gym to train?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »
There's a gym right in Midlothian that the Richmond traceurs train at.  I don't remember what it's called, but I recommend getting in contact with the Richmond fellows.  THey're most easily reached through the forums at www.parkourvirginia.com
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia