Author Topic: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?  (Read 122055 times)

Offline Hiphopopotomus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
I played mirrors edge and thought it was pretty cool, so I went on youtube and watched some people do some parkour. I started doing stuff with two of my friends like hopping fences and stuff and now we are far more advanced.

Offline hagxkam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
hnestly ? im 16 and ive been pakouring all my life but i just called it climbing and my family called it being wild ive climbed flipped and spun every wall flip and spin i guess now theres an organized society for it lol ...

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
  • It's just my...BASS CANNON!!!
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2010, 03:32:22 AM »
hnestly ? im 16 and ive been pakouring all my life but i just called it climbing and my family called it being wild ive climbed flipped and spun every wall flip and spin i guess now theres an organized society for it lol ...
More than one. Just...some more organized than others.

Offline pk1993

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 03:53:13 AM »
I started parkour at 16. I have never followed a path. I always climbed walls and rails. trying to see how good I can balance and how far I can jump. Then I saw Russian Climbing on youtube, and I was hooked.

Offline dwilson1707

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 07:45:23 AM »
Hi this is johndouglas im here to provide you some awareness about a unique species(tigers) actually I don’t have any idea how to create impressive article to attract you. My concern is not attracting you basically I want request to please awake and save tiger species because day by day the numbers of tigers in world are decreeing  we are human so it's our special duty toward them (tigers, animals) to save their species. Please share your great idea's in the favor to save them.

<a href="http://www.trainwithmeonline.com" rel="dofollow">Stretching Exercises[/url]

Offline Montezz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 07:51:47 AM »
I started because I saw it on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. Then I went Downtown and saw some kids doing it and that's when I decided to start.  :P

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »
Hi this is johndouglas im here to provide you some awareness about a unique species(tigers) actually I don’t have any idea how to create impressive article to attract you. My concern is not attracting you basically I want request to please awake and save tiger species because day by day the numbers of tigers in world are decreeing  we are human so it's our special duty toward them (tigers, animals) to save their species. Please share your great idea's in the favor to save them.

<a href="http://www.trainwithmeonline.com" rel="dofollow">Stretching Exercises[/url]
If it was a serious threat to the tigers then they would ban the hunting of tigers and keep them in safe places until the population is high again. As they do with other animals.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »
If it was a serious threat to the tigers then they would ban the hunting of tigers and keep them in safe places until the population is high again. As they do with other animals.

they have done that. its called poaching dude. tigers have been endangered for a long ass time. its predicted that in a generation or two they will be extinct.
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline whiteybeans

• Guenons
  • The cure for fear is to take action upon it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
even before i knew what it was, i used to do two handed vaults over picnic tables, which seemed huge back then haha, along some other really basic movements. and one day me and my friends were screwing around on this roof and he mentioned freerunning. i went home and looked it up on the computer, and thought it looked fun & i could do it. so the first thing i tried was a kong over a table which took a little persistance but when i did it, it was so rewarding. ive been practicing ever since. :D
The cure for fear is to take action upon it.

Fortune favors the bold.

Time takes us all.

Offline Yusuf Abed

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2010, 06:00:38 AM »
Thing is ive been doing things like this since i was like 7. Never realy knew it was Parkor. Mu friend told me to watch a vid on Parkour and said itd change my perception of what people can do. I was instantly hooked.

Offline The ninga

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2010, 08:32:08 AM »
In school, i was bullied by a larger kid and my friends always had to stand up for me. i had decided that i wanted to learn some way to be stronger and have fun at the same time, so while i was in nova scotia. my neighbor how is an awsome tracer, started to teach me the basics and from there i just started to become better.

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »
I love watching the show ninja warrior on G4. once i saw what Levi and Brian did it got me hooked. I never really started it though. Then one day, i went to a gym's fair in scottsdale,AZ and saw a demo there. i talked to the head person and he hooked me up with someone who lived nearby.

Offline tracuerkid101

• Guenons
  • parkour is fitness at its finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
I learn parkour from the video game assassins creed and inFAMOUS and also [prototype]
The World. My Playground. 
The Streets. My Home. 
The Architecture. My Inspiration. 
The Fear. My Motivation. 
The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof.
My Name. Traceur.

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »
I learn parkour from the video game assassins creed and inFAMOUS and also [prototype]
I absolutely LOVED the game [PROTOTYPE]

Offline Evan Fleming

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Like a leaf in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »
I wanted to free my mind.

...Well, that, and team sports got boring to me.

...but I mostly wanted to free my mind.
Soar into the sky. Never look back.

Offline MidnightSky

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »
I was walking down the sidewalk one day outside of a laser tag arcade and saw a man front flipping over bushes on flat ground and running on rails. I found it fascinating, he said he does "Parkour" so I looked it up online.. found this site.. watched YouTube videos and what not.
Im just starting, havent done much movements but for the time being im conditioning till the time comes. :)
This sport is amazing,
Next to Skateboarding ;)
Be Chill.

Offline Evan Fleming

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
I was walking down the sidewalk one day outside of a laser tag arcade and saw a man front flipping over bushes on flat ground and running on rails. I found it fascinating, he said he does "Parkour" so I looked it up online.. found this site.. watched YouTube videos and what not.
Im just starting, havent done much movements but for the time being im conditioning till the time comes. :)
This sport is amazing,
Next to Skateboarding ;)

My friend, you're not learning Parkour. XD

Offline J. Gabriel Alvarez Manilla

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
My friend, you're not learning Parkour.
This sport is amazing,
Next to Skateboarding ;)
[/quote]

If you're talking about learning flips and call it freerunning, I'd call it learning parkour with tricking on the side
If you're talking about how he refers to it as a sport, he's still learning movement, but hasn't quite caught on to the philosophy yet.
The Great Way is universal,
it can apply to the left or the right.
All beings depend on it for life,
and it does not refuse.

Offline Evan Fleming

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »
If you're talking about learning flips and call it freerunning, I'd call it learning parkour with tricking on the side
If you're talking about how he refers to it as a sport, he's still learning movement, but hasn't quite caught on to the philosophy yet.

Agreed.

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
  • creating the path to be free- the parkour panda
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2010, 05:05:25 AM »
i started 2 1/2 years ago when me and my friends were watching videos on youtube, we came across a video entitled "russian climbing"  and at the beginning it said "latvia, parkour" (which i thought was a location because ive never heard of it and im not familiar with russia's areas at all) so i looked it up and it said "parkour" was a sport and i knew that i just had to learn it. i didnt care how hard i had to work for it i knew that i wanted to become a part of it. i later became affiliated with freerunning and started training in that when i hit the year and a half mark. ever since then ive been trying to get sponsored but since i live in PA my progress has been slowed since PA doesnt have alot to offer except for chester but no one does parkour/freerunning there so its kinda just like a heaven that being wasted while its in its prime...
"no obstacles, no freedom"